Help! New to this And my ladies are sad

• Thread starter Nicitron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I bought them at two different dispensaries a few day apart. The ones that are the sickest I didn’t feed right away. Maybe 6 days post planting. The ones that are the healthiest I started feeding right away. They all started getting cal mag 3 days ago. I never let them dry out. They get a quart of water nutrients and cal mag twice a day currently. They are in 2 gal pots.
I was just curious when you said you got them as clones. Sometimes a clone with very little roots gets potted in with the others and it tends to have a hard time initially. The yellowing on the leaf is something that you'll see sometimes on newly rooting clones.

Nicitron

Nicitron

I was just curious when you said you got them as clones. Sometimes a clone with very little roots gets potted in with the others and it tends to have a hard time initially. The yellowing on the leaf is something that you'll see sometimes on newly rooting clones.
They are young. I planted them 11/11. I don’t know if I have a pic of them. They have grown. They grew great the first few days. Then they stunted.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Do you have a way to check the EC and Ph of the run-off? I suspect they may be out of the optimal range. Are you checking the EC and Ph before you feed?

Nicitron

Nicitron

Do you have a way to check the EC and Ph of the run-off? I suspect they may be out of the optimal range. Are you checking the EC and Ph before you feed?
I just ordered the hydro fox farms and the ph and tds meter this evening. So I will be able to Wednesday. I just don’t know what to do until then so I don’t make them sicker. Obviously cal mag. But I was thinking of half or 1/4 of regular fox farms since the hydro seems to be 50% npk of the soil version.

Nicitron

Nicitron

If you have EC or Ph problems, your best bet is to flush. The good thing about coco, is you can get an accurate idea of the root zone by checking the run-off. Essentially, add 3 times the container size of water. There will be tons of run off, so be prepared for that and don't let the pot sit in the standing water. Once you do that, wait about 20 minutes and then pour a small amount through the pot again, collect that water and test the EC and Ph.
I did flush them just a bit ago.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I just ordered the hydro fox farms and the ph and tds meter this evening. So I will be able to Wednesday. I just don’t know what to do until then so I don’t make them sicker. Obviously cal mag. But I was thinking of half or 1/4 of regular fox farms since the hydro seems to be 50% npk of the soil version.
That is good news, the information they provide is valuable.

I typically feed at 1/4 to 1/2 strength for new plants in coco. Maybe it is safer to go with a mild nutrient mix for that plant until your new equipment arrives.

BowHammer

BowHammer

I ordered a ph tds ec meter that should be here Wednesday. As well as the fox hydro grow big. I did flush them tonight but won’t be able to measure them until Wednesday. Should I still feed them in the morning? Or wait until Wednesday when the hydro fox farm grow big arrives? I don’t want to give them more of the soil type if it will make it worse. 😞
its just the FF trio is not made for drain to waste coco it is more tuned for soil grows. Try the General hydroponics 3 part

Tommy626

Tommy626

Thanks for your help you guys! I feel like a chemist lol. I genuinely appreciate.
Fox farms is not useable in coco Try canna coco 5 part w/ cal/mag plus @ 800 ppm
3 gal RO water, 15mil cal/mag, 25 ml A, 30 ml B, 20 ml boost, 30 ml cannazym, 10-20 ml PK
1.5 grams recharge or mammoth pick your poison! Works like a charm. Start decreasing everything in increments of 5 ml @W5

(If you start seeing red petioles (fan stems) add 1 gram of Epsom salts)

Latest posts

Top Bottom