Help Newbie Here I Got Bad Fungus Nats And Fruit Flies

• Thread starter wl300
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wl300

wl300

I run mine all the time. Separate controllers because you want a slight negative pressure in your tent/room. Intake filter and carbon filter on exhaust.
ok thank you the fans have 6 speeds and tempature controller should I set them up on the same temp..? this is one of my main question I could never truly find any answer.. I have a carbon filter on the exhaust and just got this weird bug and pollen net cap for the intake..https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057JE5VE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wl300

wl300

It took me a measured 13 seconds to google your answer. You're lazy. Bye
maybe ur satisified with one answer maybe u have more knowledge ive read things to turn fans on all the time run fans the same speed get this do that then read do do that don't do this.. im here to learn and get advice from real time people wich is one of he sites useable features... then people like u look at the comments u and ur friend dan are the only problems get off my stuff if u don't like what I say or ask.. thank u tho next time I wanna hear from an asshole ill turn around and ask my own ass

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

does everyone else here think im lazy for asking questions..
Let's ask the question the right way: "Do people think I'm lazy because I refuse to google my problem and look at the top five answers, instead, I want to come here and have my hand held?"

Dan politely pointed out the site's methodology for balancing getting an answer with being courteous of the other members time. I pointed out that your answer is available in the top five google results available if you were to Google "fungus gnats pesticide", which you still haven't done. If you had, you'd be well on your way to a solution. You still haven't done that. You're lazy, have an attitude/entitlement problem, and are currently, and will probably always be a poor contributor to the site, because you will never take the effort to build a base of knowledge that will be useful to others. You seem to think that the world owes you an easy answer, despite living in a time when the answer is available to you in seconds if you were to exhibit an iota of initiative.

This will be news to you, but people come to hobby sites and hang out for their reasons, not yours. We did not take a job to be your ever-patient helping hand. You are not doing us a favor in asking your question. You are asking for a favor in sharing accumulated knowledge and shortening your learning curve. We're not your personal Google assistant. This site and the users here don't owe you a fucking thing. So wrap your attitude up in a nice tidy bundle, toddle over to a Facebook Group, and try again there.

Madbud

Madbud

ok I took the humidifier out lol but I will loosen the soil how deep would u go???
I keep it loose for an inch or deeper. Keeps it dry and improves aeration. You can also top dress with sand or de but i dont.

wl300

wl300

Let's ask the question the right way: "Do people think I'm lazy because I refuse to google my problem and look at the top five answers, instead, I want to come here and have my hand held?"

Dan politely pointed out the site's methodology for balancing getting an answer with being courteous of the other members time. I pointed out that your answer is available in the top five google results available if you were to Google "fungus gnats pesticide", which you still haven't done. If you had, you'd be well on your way to a solution. You still haven't done that. You're lazy, have an attitude/entitlement problem, and are currently, and will probably always be a poor contributor to the site, because you will never take the effort to build a base of knowledge that will be useful to others. You seem to think that the world owes you an easy answer, despite living in a time when the answer is available to you in seconds if you were to exhibit an iota of initiative.

This will be news to you, but people come to hobby sites and hang out for their reasons, not yours. We did not take a job to be your ever-patient helping hand. You are not doing us a favor in asking your question. You are asking for a favor in sharing accumulated knowledge and shortening your learning curve. We're not your personal Google assistant. This site and the users here don't owe you a fucking thing. So wrap your attitude up in a nice tidy bundle, toddle over to a Facebook Group, and try again there.
lol take ur shit and shove it...…. :)

wl300

wl300

I keep it loose for an inch or deeper. Keeps it dry and improves aeration. You can also top dress with sand or de but i dont.
yea I saw that I was going to try de.. do you think going from a 1 gallon pot to a 4 gallon pot is to much? I read you should repot gradually but then I also read you should go straight to what youll flower in so you don't interrupt the growing process and damage?

wl300

wl300

BT for fungus gnats?
ok I just looked that up.. have you used it? does it work with all bugs? most likely I will end up with bugs and I rather fight it from the start I got sticky traps neem oil filters de but what is your main go to if you have to treat for bugs before you get them knowing youll more then likely get them through the growing process

Madbud

Madbud

ok I just looked that up.. have you used it? does it work with all bugs? most likely I will end up with bugs and I rather fight it from the start I got sticky traps neem oil filters de but what is your main go to if you have to treat for bugs before you get them knowing youll more then likely get them through the growing process
BT is specific to butterflies and moths, i would think the Captain Jacks is probably best for acouple fungus gnats since spinozad was discovered on a molasses plantation to use on flies. Welcome to the farm btw.

wl300

wl300

BT is specific to butterflies and moths, i would think the Captain Jacks is probably best for acouple fungus gnats since spinozad was discovered on a molasses plantation to use on flies. Welcome to the farm btw.
thanks I appreciate the welcome. and that's a nice tid bit of history info.. and I had enough fungus gnats to do some damage but I think I caught it before it was to late.... I will have to get captain jack then e few other people in the post advised me to do so... and that is why I love this site a few bad eggs wont spoil the nature of this site..

Madbud

Madbud

yea I saw that I was going to try de.. do you think going from a 1 gallon pot to a 4 gallon pot is to much? I read you should repot gradually but then I also read you should go straight to what youll flower in so you don't interrupt the growing process and damage?
You need a new thread for that, lol. I think the shock comes from how rough the transplant goes. Usually the rootball is well formed so using the smaller container as a “form” in the larger pot eliminates stress. On the orher hand, my best growers are the seedlings that accidentally get knocked over:drunk2:

wl300

wl300

You need a new thread for that, lol. I think the shock comes from how rough the transplant goes. Usually the rootball is well formed so using the smaller container as a “form” in the larger pot eliminates stress. On the orher hand, my best growers are the seedlings that accidentally get knocked over:drunk2:
lol yea I should maybe piss some people off again lol and should I start knocking them over lmao ill leave it for a new thread :)

justadbeer

justadbeer

does everyone else here think im lazy for asking questions..

Personally, I do not. I enjoy the hobby and reading the forums and if I have the time, I dont mind helping a brother out. I know I haven't spent a lot of time on this particular site, but it doesn't mean I can't contribute when I can. I had a similar instance as you on Roll it up. Nobody comes here to be berated and yes, you can always find answers on google, but as someone stated, the net can be a dangerous thing. You can get 10 different answers to your one question with a Google Search. I'm sure you looked it up as its much simpler than coming into a forum, registering, and posting a question. The difference is in the people. People that have years of experience and tried all of the tricks. IMO, it's easier to simply answer a question than to get all shitty with someone. Or simply not reply at all. These forums used to be so much more laid back and. I think some of the folks in these forums need to start smoking their products more (or find a better strain)

justadbeer

justadbeer

ok thank you the fans have 6 speeds and tempature controller should I set them up on the same temp..? this is one of my main question I could never truly find any answer.. I have a carbon filter on the exhaust and just got this weird bug and pollen net cap for the intake..

To be truthful, I'm not familiar with the temp thing. I set my fans to work as effectively as possible while running as quiet as possible.
ok thank you the fans have 6 speeds and tempature controller should I set them up on the same temp..? this is one of my main question I could never truly find any answer.. I have a carbon filter on the exhaust and just got this weird bug and pollen net cap for the intake..

I have variable speed fans and run them to be as effective as possible and also as quiet as possible. So my exhaust fan is slightly faster than the intake. I do prefer a canister type intake filter with a pre- filter, but if you feel that what you have works for you, go for it. I just worry about sucking in bugs. I've actually had to insulate my flex duct to get more heat out of my tents and even routed a duct from my furnace/AC into the grow room (not the tents) and ooen/close as needed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057JE5VE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wl300

wl300

Personally, I do not. I enjoy the hobby and reading the forums and if I have the time, I dont mind helping a brother out. I know I haven't spent a lot of time on this particular site, but it doesn't mean I can't contribute when I can. I had a similar instance as you on Roll it up. Nobody comes here to be berated and yes, you can always find answers on google, but as someone stated, the net can be a dangerous thing. You can get 10 different answers to your one question with a Google Search. I'm sure you looked it up as its much simpler than coming into a forum, registering, and posting a question. The difference is in the people. People that have years of experience and tried all of the tricks. IMO, it's easier to simply answer a question than to get all shitty with someone. Or simply not reply at all. These forums used to be so much more laid back and. I think some of the folks in these forums need to start smoking their products more (or find a better strain)
yea I agree with you and thank you for letting me know im not to crazy. and your right I should have never said anything and I probably wont again I just ignore their stuff now that I found how to do that. I don't mind criticism if its constructive.. once I do have some knowledge I will deff share but till them im a pupil in a student world lol

wl300

wl300

Your new around here, ya. Now don’t be runnin around here trying to piss people off on purpose you won’t like the results:)
[/QUOTE
it was a joke towards the people who are offended by the same questions everyone else asked. mean while they are having no problem talking about a dogs behavior on a thread and having nothing to o with thc. I don't know what you mean I wont like the results?? since your a moderator I will deff ask you what do you mean what are the results... hope ur saying something to the people who berade other people idc how new I am if u want to kick me off for standing up to a prick or two be my guess or if u mean something else let me know

morugawelder

morugawelder

microwaving your soil will help ensure you won't get critters , try it you'll like it ! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom