Help!? Not sure if i should continue these ladies..

• Thread starter TheCadillacCATS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheCadillacCATS

TheCadillacCATS

Hello forums, this is my first time joing a website like this (except f*ckCombustion great guys there)

So i have started my pot growing journey, learning everyday by reading online. It can be confusing to whats right to do or not when everybodys methods are different.

But i already know what went wrong here, i didnt get enough light for these guys and they stretched pretty tall! I potted the germanated seed on may 10th and kept them in a window instead of my tent (2x4 vivosun) for the first 2 days then improperly used my grow light (spiderfarmer sf2000 led) too far away from plants not right intensity of light.

Now i want your opinions,i know what to do if i start over i learned from my mistakes, i want to know if they are worth trying to grow the full cycle??

Im growing in Promix HP and using the full line of remo nutrients.

Help not sure if i should continue these ladies
Help not sure if i should continue these ladies 2
Help not sure if i should continue these ladies 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
everything looks fine to me, now you could fill the rest of the cup up with soil to help straighten them up and they will grow roots from the buried stem.
good job so far!’
welcome to the farm!
lots of helpful, nice people here to help out and talk growing!

TheCadillacCATS

TheCadillacCATS

everything looks fine to me, now you could fill the rest of the cup up with soil to help straighten them up and they will grow roots from the buried stem.
good job so far!’
welcome to the farm!
lots of helpful, nice people here to help out and talk growing!
Awesome thanks for the reply :) i will transplant them to 5 gal pots soon and will see how they turn out! Will post pics after transplant.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Awesome thanks for the reply :) i will transplant them to 5 gal pots soon and will see how they turn out! Will post pics after transplant.
it’s still a couple weeks before transplanting..
and do it when the soil is dry as wet soil could break off with roots breaking off. than you water after transplant..
you should holes in the lower sides and bottom of those cups, air/oxygen is very important to the health of the roots, so don’t water too frequently..

TheCadillacCATS

TheCadillacCATS

it’s still a couple weeks before transplanting..
and do it when the soil is dry as wet soil could break off with roots breaking off. than you water after transplant..
you should holes in the lower sides and bottom of those cups, air/oxygen is very important to the health of the roots, so don’t water too frequently..
Very true these guys are just starting to veg? May 10th was when they were planted. I have an even amount of nail sized holes on the bottom of the cups, no problem with drainage or air (as far as i know haha)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok your good, basically just wait it out, when you see the bottom two small round cotyledon leaves start to yellow and die off that’s when the seedling has used up the food it came with to start life as the yellowing from the bottom leaves in this case is a sign that the plant is starting to take food from below andctsjecutvwhetevutvneeds it.. so that will be time to start feeding, at that time i give my seedlings per gallon
1 ml of veg and 1 ml of liquid karma- minerals/vitamins..
botanicare brand is in case you want to compare

TheCadillacCATS

TheCadillacCATS

Yes this is very good information thank you very much! I have read that you should start feeding when you see the first pair of 'true leaves' some say to start feeding at the 2nd pair of true leaves, my medium im using is very low in nutrients basically neutral (Promix HP)

Madbud

Madbud

Fill the cups gently to add support and use a sprayer to compact the new soil. Stop watering unless the cup feels like feathers. Wait a week or two to repot. That’s the only time i like the soil wet, to hold together removing from the solo cup. If you use a clear cup inside the red cup, you can watch the root growth next time. Easy on water and nutes, don’t love em too much.
4C20DCEF 6097 496B A390 C7CC97A8DD2D

TheCadillacCATS

TheCadillacCATS

Well i got more medium in there an straightened them out :) they're looking better already! Thank you guys for the info it really means a lot. You guys are quick too!

20210523 212656
20210523 212702
TheCadillacCATS

TheCadillacCATS

Fill the cups gently to add support and use a sprayer to compact the new soil. Stop watering unless the cup feels like feathers. Wait a week or two to repot. That’s the only time i like the soil wet, to hold together removing from the solo cup. If you use a clear cup inside the red cup, you can watch the root growth next time. Easy on water and nutes, don’t love em too much.View attachment 1127362
Very good tips! I really like the clear cup idea really cool! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom