Help pest attack overnight

• Thread starter Anlucifer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Anlucifer

They look like oribatid mites. They are harmless soil mites and play a vital role in biologically diverse and healthy soil. Oribatid mites eat decomposing organic matter. They are often found in compost bins. They look too round and shiny to be root aphids. I’m fairly confident that’s what they are. Can you gather one up and put it in a clear zip lock bag and get a closer up picture?
Sure man tomorrow i will try to get a better picture ...they are kind of oval shaped

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This will get rid of those. Look like aphids to me, hydro store or internet. It’s not cheap so b prepared but it is all non toxic essential oil and I’ve had great success with it in aphids and mites View attachment 905575View attachment 905576
I use that for PM too..instant death to about everything so far..My FF soils always come with Gnat eggs. The stuff kills on contact! POOF.

Suggestion: Keep the soil moist before using it..ISO on the label!

Seraphine

Seraphine

We can at least rule out any soil dwelling crop damaging pests like root aphids or bulb mites. . Hopefully it’s just a harmless soil mite.

A

Anlucifer

We can at least rule out any soil dwelling crop damaging pests like root aphids or bulb mites. . Hopefully it’s just a harmless soil mite.
Took this pic with magnifying glass hope this gets the job done
20191030 174020
20191030 174028
20191030 173755

Hammerloaf

Hammerloaf

Looks like bulb mites to me. They likely came in with the manure or vermicompost.

You could try slicing potatoes in half and putting them around the soil, cut part down. When they colonize the potato, throw it out and add a new one, that should at least keep them busy until you get some bennies. Get some ladybugs and rove beetles, they both have voracious appetites and will help knock the population down, keeping them out of the plants.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Definitely a mite. Those actually look like what I have. They like to crawl on my fabric pots. I think they eat the decaying roots as they break through the fabric pot. Green cleaner, azamax, sulfur kills them. Mine only crawl on the leaves if the leaves are touching the fabric pot. You can sprinkle some DE on the main step to keep from crawling up the plant. They haven’t caused any damage to the foliage or root system so i have stopped trying to kill them. I grow in coco, not soil. I haven’t been able to get a positive ID on bulb mites though. Either a soil mite or bulb mite. Bulb mites can adapt to live in soil and feed on the roots of plants, so if you see stunted growth then I would ride this grow out and switch to coco coir.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Here’s mine 250x with a digital microscope.
You can see they are on the outside of my black fabric pots

A0D3E80E 16E6 4CCC AE0D E4A2F67F7B49
CBE131B3 4D12 469B BA40 880B243EB5F8
A

Anlucifer

Here’s mine 250x with a digital microscope.
You can see they are on the outside of my black fabric pots
Cool man mine also looks exactly like this tomorrow i will go and search for sulfur and de in offline market , if i don't find it i will order it online and i will try to get ladybugs but i think they will be hard to get here and since these mites appeared my plant leaves getting a little curled up maybe its because i overwatered it yesterday...

Seraphine

Seraphine

They don’t look like leaf suckers. Plus you’d find them all over the backs of the leaves. If they are staying in/on the soil with the occasional mite on the leaves then they are soil dwelling mites. I want to get grandevo WDG. I will also use it for my business so I don’t mind spending the $$$ It’s a bacterial bioinsecticide that will continue to infect and kill the pests until they are all eradicated. Organic too.

D6C36D56 9CB6 4374 A4A3 9862537EA3EE
Last edited:
A

Anlucifer

They don’t look like leaf suckers. Plus you’d find them all over the backs of the leaves. If they are staying in/on the soil with the occasional mite on the leaves then they are soil dwelling mites. I want to get grandevo WDG. I will also use it for my business so I don’t mind spending the $$$ It’s a bacterial bioinsecticide that will continue to infect and kill the pests until they are all eradicated. Organic too.
I am not able to find all of these brands in india...i searched all night yesterday all over the internet...i found some local brands and most of them were cheap not very expensive between 3-15 usd , i will try sulfur first because it will be easily available in offline stores i guess... if not i will order 3-4 types of pesticides for mites and hopefully one of them will work ; sulfur and de is easily available online here both of them cost 3-5 usd

A

Anlucifer

These are the brands i found there is one more brand (bayer)it has too many pesticides i was confused which one to get for mites and it is chemical based
Screenshot 20191031 040317 Amazon Shopping
Screenshot 20191031 041210 Amazon Shopping
Screenshot 20191031 043956 Chrome

Last edited:
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Hi today morning i woke up and as usually the first thing i do is water my plants at that time i saw a lot of white incests/larva
I don't know what it is...i need help they came overnight i tried neem oil spray and tried to drown them but they are not going please helpView attachment 905536View attachment 905534View attachment 905535
Can't see much but are they small worm like? If so I had the same problem a couple years back just needed to let the soil dry a bit n they left

Seraphine

Seraphine

I am not able to find all of these brands in india...i searched all night yesterday all over the internet...i found some local brands and most of them were cheap not very expensive between 3-15 usd , i will try sulfur first because it will be easily available in offline stores i guess... if not i will order 3-4 types of pesticides for mites and hopefully one of them will work ; sulfur and de is easily available online here both of them cost 3-5 usd
Elemental sulfur has been used as a pesticide for hundreds if not thousands of years. It even kills broad mites. If sulfur is all you have to work with then you’re in good shape. Sulfur will lower pH of your soil so just be careful on how much you use in the soil.

A

Anlucifer

Got this 1 kg bag of sulphur for 150 inr = 2.11 usd ,sprayed it on my plants( half teaspoon with 2l ro water )
20191031 155051
how long does it take to work and how frequently shud i spray it

Seraphine

Seraphine

are you spraying the foliage and the soil or just the soil?

A

Anlucifer

are you spraying the foliage and the soil or just the soil?
Just the soil...they don't come on the plants...i guess they are eating chunks of vermicompost or breeding there because today i saw a lot of young ones to near chunks of vermicompost

Latest posts

Top Bottom