Help! Plant looks wilty and sad - what do i do???

• Thread starter TheGreenMD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreenMD

TheGreenMD

Hi,

This is my third grow and first post on the forum (thanks in advance). I just made a DIY tent for vegging (see pic) so I can then transfer into my 4x4 tent for flower.

The problem is thus: I've got 3 new plants in the veg tent all almost 4 weeks old. My gorilla glue is killing it so far as well as MK Ultra not doing so bad, but the problem child is my Blue Dream. She's been sad for about two weeks - looks all wilted and generally unwell (although no yellowing of leaves). I've tried increasing watering, reducing watering, using filtered water w/ pH 7.2 from my well, and improving ventilation and nothing seems to help. Humidity ranges from 50% when light is on to 75% during the 5 hours or so it's off. I started them all in 5 gal fabric pots.

The thing is - this is the second go around with these seeds from ILGM and the first time all the plants did great under similar conditions. The only change was that they are now in my DIY smaller veg tent as opposed to starting in the 4x4 tent. The other two plants in my veg tent seem to be doing okay (you can see them on the left of the zoomed out pic and the Blue Dream problem child is on the right).

Any thoughts? It kills me to see her wilt like this!

Thanks!!!!!

Unnamed 1
Unnamed 2
Unnamed 3
Unnamed
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. pH is a bit high. Should be around 6.3-6.6. Pretty sure you’re dealing with a root zone issue. More than likely too cold. Warm the soil up and get the pH squared away and watch them perk up.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Welcome. pH is a bit high. Should be around 6.3-6.6. Pretty sure you’re dealing with a root zone issue. More than likely too cold. Warm the soil up and get the pH squared away and watch them perk up.

Yup +1 to what Burnz said.

Just went through this with my ladies. Root zone was getting too cold.

They went from healthy and vigorous:

to this overnight:

Even though my boxes were off the ground (on casters) they still were pickup up too much cold from the floor. I insulated the floor with some horse stall mats and added a small heater & temp controller.

Couple days later:

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yup +1 to what Burnz said.

Just went through this with my ladies. Root zone was getting too cold.

They went from healthy and vigorous:

View attachment 1056944

to this overnight:

View attachment 1056943

Even though my boxes were off the ground (on casters) they still were pickup up too much cold from the floor. I insulated the floor with some horse stall mats and added a small heater & temp controller.

Couple days later:

View attachment 1056945
True. A lot of the time it’s something as simple as correcting the temp or correcting pH and everything will sort itself out. When farmers over complicate things, that’s when the most issue arise. “Keep it simple.”

TheGreenMD

TheGreenMD

True. A lot of the time it’s something as simple as correcting the temp or correcting pH and everything will sort itself out. When farmers over complicate things, that’s when the most issue arise. “Keep it simple.”
sweet thanks a ton - the temp issue could totally be it. I've ordered some acid solution to bring the pH down a bit but my previous grow used the same H20 and it went just fine so I'm not sure if that's the issue. But I just checked the temp and it's 61 degrees in there which seems a bit cold. I've got them in a small un-finished side room off my finished basement/mancave and it doesn't get any heat in there and now that's it's winter-ish it's a bit chilly.

Any ideas on how to warm them up w/out using an electric heater or insulating the whole room? I have a small heater I could use but i'm always worried about burning down my house 2/2 my new gardening hobby and my wife would probably be pretty pissed off if that happened... The fabric pots are in plastic trays on a shelf about a foot off the ground. Just wrap the pots in some insulating material maybe?

Thanks again for the help - I'm pretty confident you guys pinned it down (temp seems to be the only variable that's changed since my last grow besides the actual tent itself).

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
sweet thanks a ton - the temp issue could totally be it. I've ordered some acid solution to bring the pH down a bit but my previous grow used the same H20 and it went just fine so I'm not sure if that's the issue. But I just checked the temp and it's 61 degrees in there which seems a bit cold. I've got them in a small un-finished side room off my finished basement/mancave and it doesn't get any heat in there and now that's it's winter-ish it's a bit chilly.

Any ideas on how to warm them up w/out using an electric heater or insulating the whole room? I have a small heater I could use but i'm always worried about burning down my house 2/2 my new gardening hobby and my wife would probably be pretty pissed off if that happened... The fabric pots are in plastic trays on a shelf about a foot off the ground. Just wrap the pots in some insulating material maybe?

Thanks again for the help - I'm pretty confident you guys pinned it down (temp seems to be the only variable that's changed since my last grow besides the actual tent itself).
I mean, who wouldn’t be pissed if you burned down the house. A heating mat/ blanket will warm up the soil. Don’t over do it though. Read up on optimal soil temp for veggin plants. The water issue goes hand in hand with temp issues. Some pH down will be your friend. Good luck.

Cubbies69

Cubbies69

Hi,

This is my third grow and first post on the forum (thanks in advance). I just made a DIY tent for vegging (see pic) so I can then transfer into my 4x4 tent for flower.

The problem is thus: I've got 3 new plants in the veg tent all almost 4 weeks old. My gorilla glue is killing it so far as well as MK Ultra not doing so bad, but the problem child is my Blue Dream. She's been sad for about two weeks - looks all wilted and generally unwell (although no yellowing of leaves). I've tried increasing watering, reducing watering, using filtered water w/ pH 7.2 from my well, and improving ventilation and nothing seems to help. Humidity ranges from 50% when light is on to 75% during the 5 hours or so it's off. I started them all in 5 gal fabric pots.

The thing is - this is the second go around with these seeds from ILGM and the first time all the plants did great under similar conditions. The only change was that they are now in my DIY smaller veg tent as opposed to starting in the 4x4 tent. The other two plants in my veg tent seem to be doing okay (you can see them on the left of the zoomed out pic and the Blue Dream problem child is on the right).

Any thoughts? It kills me to see her wilt like this!

Thanks!!!!!
Too much water and pots to big unless auto.

TheGreenMD

TheGreenMD

I mean, who wouldn’t be pissed if you burned down the house. A heating mat/ blanket will warm up the soil. Don’t over do it though. Read up on optimal soil temp for veggin plants. The water issue goes hand in hand with temp issues. Some pH down will be your friend. Good luck.

Update: for anyone who may have this issue in the future. I bought a $12 plant heating pad for seedlings from amazon, draped some bubble wrap over the top of the soil and let it hang over the sides of the pots, and then hooked up a small CFL bulb nice and close to the sad plant (mainly just go get a little extra heat). 24 hours later - boom baby she's back! Note to self - plants don't like being 62 degrees...

Latest posts

Top Bottom