Help Plants Getting Worse 18 Bucket Uc

• Thread starter robz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robz

I have another thread going for what I thought was a P defiency but now I don't know what the issue is? Plants have been in the UC for 14 days now. Approx 24in. Tall. My room is dialed with 75-80f 12,000 watts double ended 18 bucket UC system. Chiller keeps water 65-68f no co2 currently being used. Ph swings from 6.3 6.4 down to 5.5 in last 3 days after last water change. Roots all white & health . Running CS veg a&b with .5ml per gal. Cal/Mag I'm on well water. Ppm out the tap is 100 on 700 scale. Ppm in UC is 170 ppm ant top off rez. At 220ppm. Plants drinking 4 gal. In 24 hrs. And eating 10PPM. Went from 160-150 ppm over night. But plants are droopy and look hungery.

Help plants getting worse 18 bucket uc
Help plants getting worse 18 bucket uc 2
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I agree they look thirsty and hungry. Where is your water level set at. With your well water being 100 of the 170ppm it's a guess what they are eating. If they dropped your EC almost what you have added in nutes they probably want more food. I would ignore the initial 100ppm and get yourself to 150ppm with Cal Mag and nutes. What's your rooms humidity? By the looks of your girls I'm gonna guess 45-50%. Try and get that humidity up and pay attention to your rooms VPD. Also what levels are your lights at and what kind of light did they come from prior to flip. Many people start their plants in the UC giving them light stress. Let your roots hit good before hitting your girls with heavy light.. im just looking at all transplant issues being you only been in UC for 14 days.
Your dropping EC can have to do with well water and what's already in it. Check out Hogan400's threads back when he ran his UC.

R

robz

Water up 1 1/2 in on the bottom of the net pot. Most cubes moist some bone dry on top a couple are too wet so I reaise the net pot with hydroton under the lip. Lights at 75% power should I dial down to 50%?? So your saying go to 350 ppm total on 700 scale? The room has 5ton ac so warms up to 78-79f then ac turns on cools it to 74 f.. When ac is off RH climbs to 57-60% when ac is on it drops to 27-30% cycles off and on every 10min. Or so. I think I need to read more on the VPD I've heard some say keep humidity higher but my room kinda on cruise control with the Excel Air syste . Thanks for reply I will do WC tonight & get more cal/mag in system.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

If your water is 100ppm now and you add 150ppm of nutes and Cal Mag you should be at 250ppm. I would try to add humidity to your room. I know it's tough with an ac that kicks on continuously. It's all about proper placement the humidifiers and ac intake and then finding a happy medium. Is your AC pulling from the highest point of your room? I have found, when running my UC esspecially, the closer I am proper VPD the better looking my plants are. As far as lighting I don't ever dim my lights. I just raise all the way up and kick on half, sometimes a third, of what I'll flower with until I see my girls are happy with their new home.
Once you get used to your system and introducing your plants into it there will be no recovery time. I think the first stages into the UC can be tricky to some initially. Water level and well rooted clones are key factors in transplanting into the UC. Try to keep media dry but water level just below so roots get teased..

Last edited:
R

robz

Roger 250ppm sounds good to me thanks again. The fabric duct is above the lights that blows out the ac. The intake is at plant level. I have a atomizer I could mist them a few times daily with. Rh at lights out more stable. Less ac cycles.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Get that intake up as high as you can, above lights. Heat rises and humidity drops that might help keep some humidity in. I would not recommend misting with lights on...
What size is your room? If you only have one duct putting your air in the room I would have it on one side of the room and the intake up high on the other..

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
robz- deleted your P deficiency thread as it caused confusion given it was 2 threads with same topic in the same grow.
Where is your water level? Please take a pic so we can see as I suspect it may simply be too low.

odirt

odirt

I agree need a lil more food , specially if your running all them de lights. It takes a lil ajusting with them lights. And I was getting slow growth when first putting in Uc, since I raised my water levels to up net a cpl inches I've noticed faster transition. I use to keep it slightly under pot

R

robz

Thanks UCHU sorry for the double thread. The water is almost 2 in. Up the net pot and I've heard you don't want the cubes to get soake . Some of mine pretty wet others moist couple bone dry on top. The rooms are 12ft. Wide x 24ft. Long 10 foot ceilings lights at 40 in. Over plants. Moving ac unit not a option . its the Excel Air all in one system. Intake attached to the plenum at too of room. Just finished water change. Switched blue lab meter to 500 scale and checked before change out. Was 120ppm on 500 scale. Also on the 500 scale the well water is 0ppm so basically I think plants are just starving and Ph swing most likely from lack of nutrients? Doing all that you've reccomended that I can do. Will keep you all updated. Thanks for the help.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

another dead Thread?

one of the last things said, "Will keep you all updated. "

Latest posts

Top Bottom