Help Please 1 week into grow one plant is small and deformed

• Thread starter LovinBigBuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LovinBigBuds420

LovinBigBuds420

1 week into grow, I got 4 plants 3 Back To The Future #2 Auto and 1 Fat Banana Auto. There is a problem with one of the Back To The Future #2 Autos it is very small and looks deformed. It was the last to germinate and took 4 days. I am wondering if I should discard it and start over. Does anyone know what the problem is or has encountered this before. Maybe it was just a weak seed, this is only my second grow. I am now moving into week 2 and have started 1/8 strength Canna Terra Vega vegetative nutrients and have started an 18/6 light schedule. I am new to this and would appreciate any insights and advice. I know my grow room gets a little warm but it is the best I can do. Thanks for any help, I would love to be able to save this plant.
Conditions Week 1:
Light 24hours Water PH6 Canna Rhizotonic+Tanlin+Cannazym Temp 80F - 85F RH 45 - 55
Light: 5000w LED x4 (one for each plant)
Exhaust Filter: Rhino Pro 6inch Carbon Filter
Soil: Sohum Living Soil + Biobizz Light mix + added Perlite (Reused Substrate)
Root Stimulator: Canna Rhizotonic
Enzyme: Cannazym
Fungus Gnat Prevention: Tanlin
Help please 1 week into grow one plant is small and deformed
Healthy1jpeg

karolanne

karolanne

Sometimes, a seed can give a plant of a lower quality. I would discard it and start a new one immediatly as you don't want to waste many weeks for a potential bad quality result. But that is just me. Maybe some experts will tell you to grow it anyways... Wait for other replies.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'd start another plant and keep this one, unless or until the new plant outgrows it.

Sometimes a runt pulls its head out of its ass after a slow start, but usually not.

I do have a runt plant that I am keeping to cross with something, because it kicks ass and finished in 53 days. But after I get some seeds from it — compost.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Don't underestimate the vigor of this plant. Theres 4 plants in my flower room and purposely chose this to be one of the four. Harvest last week and it turned out to be one of the top 2 in yield.
20210410 122909
20210514 183637

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I dont know the breeder or bank but it has genetic deformities and is probably unstable, never give up on a plant, if there is no flower and at the nodes u see 4 vertical spikes instead of 4 v shaped pistilsf at day 35 its bunk and will never flower, however if it is female cut light cycle to 12 12 this may induce flowering, here is a pic of a 75 day unknown purple auto that would not flower if i gave up i would not now have this! If your gonna run autoflowers try Methisto there the best.

20210729 161314
detroitjoe

detroitjoe

it depends.
if your growing out of curiosity, let her grow and see what she do
but if this is about livelihood, shes in the trash. I dont have time for the extra work

I

ItalianWiseGuy

Sometimes, a seed can give a plant of a lower quality. I would discard it and start a new one immediatly as you don't want to waste many weeks for a potential bad quality result. But that is just me. Maybe some experts will tell you to grow it anyways... Wait for other replies.

I

ItalianWiseGuy

They are overwatered and to much light . The serrated edges of the plant are raised up. That's an indication of to much light. Dial back the dimmer all the way or raise the light. Thise pots are totally full of water . With that small if a plant in a pot that size I wouldn't water again for a solid month

Top Bottom