Help please designing 1st Room with UC 4XXL

• Thread starter Th3Jungl3Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hi Farmers,
How are you doing today? I want to thank you for stopping by.
I will be building my second room & I'm very confused about the right equipment to be used, and the size I have available now, as my 1st one didn't work well.
I have a space available on the 3rd floor of my house of 3FT 1/2 X 3FT 1/2 X 6FT 1/2.
My 1st doubt is to decide how much Watts I should use; 600W or 1000W? My concern about using 1000W is the height of my tent, which is also the roof of the house, so in hot days the temperature would increase drastically, but I could solve it with a portable AC.
My 2nd doubt is about the light reflectors to be used. I really wanted to get the Sunlight Magnum XXXL 6" because many farmers has had good results, but the dimensions of it is almost the same as my room; so my question is, should I use anyways or get something else? What do you recommend? For example one of the Sunleaves. The guy from the hydro store was trying to convince me to get it.
The system I have is the Under Current 8 buckets, but as I don't have enough space I will use only 4.
The manufacture recommends to use a water chiller, I don't have one yet, Do I must run this system with it? If I don't, what could possible happen or, what could I temporally use?
Also, I will start with 4 plants & next time I will use their Double Lids 5.5" which I already bought so I can grow 8 plants. If I run with 600W would not be enough light?
The strains I will be growing are:
Morning Glory/Barney's Farm
Super Haze/Dutch Passion
Warlock/Magus Genetics
Thank you for your advice & God bless us

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Thats too small a space. Why would you use a UCXL system, a system used to grow trees with in a space that small?

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Thats too small a space. Why would you use a UCXL system, a system used to grow trees with in a space that small?

Because I already had the system before move to this new house :(
The space is almost 4FT X 4FT, Daniel from UC recommended 4'X4'.
My concern is more about the equipment to be used as I have also the option to grow bush or small plants.
How many Watts do you think should I use for this setup?
Thanks for the reply.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

My babies only 5 days old :)
IMG_05434.JPG
IMG_05422.JPG
IMG_05411.JPG

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
its cramped, but the worst part is you dont have 8 feet height

I say go for the 1k and blow it the fuck up anyhow!

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

its cramped, but the worst part is you dont have 8 feet height

I say go for the 1k and blow it the fuck up anyhow!

Thanks for replying Motherlode!
What if I had a tent, for example from GrowLab which most of their models are only 6'7? Wouldn't I be able to run a UC anyways?
Thanks again

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

I forgot to say in the thread that I am keeping the Reservoir out of the 3 1/2 X 3 1/2.
Here is a photo of how I have been planing to build.

Room_2.jpg

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Thanks for replying Motherlode!
What if I had a tent, for example from GrowLab which most of their models are only 6'7? Wouldn't I be able to run a UC anyways?
Thanks again

yeah with good ventilation, should be no problem

just get an air cooled hood for sure!

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I disagree, there will be problems.....the space is to small for that system.

Why not utilize the space you got so that you can setup an efficient producing system and crop.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
it may be too small to maximize that system, but with a short veg and the right strains it can/will work

M

mcpuffin

Don't be discouraged by BM. It is very possible to pull this off with a shorter veg time, as motherlode has said. The 1000w might get a little warm for that space, but if you have a 600w as well you can always change it out. If its a dimmable ballast, well even better.

This is my mother tent (39"x39"x72") with a 600w lamp, plenty of space minus the epicenter. I would add a screen to train the plants and maximize that space. One thing in that is a must is a chiller. In this small space you will heat up the water temp extremely quick.
MCP:character0050:

DSC01464
DSC01480
DSC01494
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

I disagree, there will be problems.....the space is to small for that system.

Why not utilize the space you got so that you can setup an efficient producing system and crop.

What kind of problems? This is the only space available for the next 11 months.
The worst case will be selling the system if it doesn't work :(
Thanks for your help :)

B

Bobby Smith

I fully agree with BioMaster.

I've setup way too many grows trying to utilize every inch of available space and it just leads to problems.

In your space, put a 3x3 E&F tray in there and save yourself the hassle of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

No need to sell the system, just keep it in storage for a year until you move to a bigger spot.

Whatever you choose, good luck.

EDIT: I can probably provide some help with some of your questions, as well.

1) You're gonna have to go with the 600, which is actually a great light for that size ~10sqft - with your ceiling height, a 1K is gonna lead to all kinds of height/light bleaching issues.

2) You can't run a Magnum in there - I tried to run one in my SunHut XL (4.5'x4.5') and the sonuvabitch is so large that I couldn't fit an inline fan in there to aircool it, and I had two more feet than you do.

3) Running an E&F is gonna be tricky with that ceiling height; basically, anything you wanna do is gonna be tricy with that ceiling height.

I can't see what your other questions were since I'm in "edit mode", dar dee dar dar :joint:

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Don't be discouraged by BM. It is very possible to pull this off with a shorter veg time, as motherlode has said. The 1000w might get a little warm for that space, but if you have a 600w as well you can always change it out. If its a dimmable ballast, well even better.

This is my mother tent (39"x39"x72") with a 600w lamp, plenty of space minus the epicenter. I would add a screen to train the plants and maximize that space. One thing in that is a must is a chiller. In this small space you will heat up the water temp extremely quick.
MCP:character0050:

Thank you so much for your words mcpuffin!!!
I was almost giving up my dream to grow with this system, but looking your setup and reading your message I am feeling confident again :)
I just took the measures again and my space is 43"X 40" X 82", plus 40" more inch to put the chiller, AC and fan.
The 43"X40 is almost 7' height, but I can use more of the side space, it won't be 7", but 55".
This is how it looks the space.
1- Is the height I have available inside of the 42"X40"
2- Is the space I can stretch to fit AC, Chiller and Fan. It's 3FT wide and only 4FT tall.
3- Width of the room under the 82" height.
4- Another space where I will keep the reservoir, 3FT with 54" tall.
5- Is the total width space under almost 5FT.
Also, the space I am keeping between the buckets are the 10"

Room_3.jpg

devious d

devious d

YeS a screen ON top make it a scrog seems best way to go, dont know alot about the under current but as with mpb,s temp rises brown roots or root probs, i have a tent that size 600w with super lumen switch is fine, i use my 400 sometimes, id have thought 1000w youll be battling heat all the best d.:joint:

opt1c

opt1c

here is what i'd do... i'd maximize the space of the 4 buckets in your larger area; spread em out as far and evenly from each other as possible; with a scrog and that limited height you'll really have to know your strain in regards to stretch; you can dial in the screen heigh so it'll be perfect. so just keep growing the same strain a couple times; you'll thank yourself later.

if you don't go scrog i might look into putting the uc buckets in the corners and running a vertical cooltube with a 600 in the center but that's just me ;)

how are you setting up your ac? if it exhausts out put a nice cf filter in front of it, a 6x24 should work good for that size, and let it run 24/7.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would put that sys back in the box unless you can afford a few failed grows.
You should never attempt this type of rcdwc without knowing what pythium is,Fact.
I would go with a chow mix until you can afford the chiller. After a cycle or 2 you should have enough funtickets and learn to grow a bit. My sys is more forgiving and I would not want to sell one to a newbi because you need to learn to read your plants first.
It grows fast but it crashes hard.
suerte JK

T

TheGreenHand

still to small man you need to expand your grow area man or your plants will suffer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom