Help please.... first DWC grow ... one plant very sick one plant looks healthy???

• Thread starter HoneyBadger9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HoneyBadger9

HoneyBadger9

So this is my first shot at DWC , so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I currently have 3 fem Critical Bilbo (2 in one res 1 in another ) 4x4 tent 600 MH ... ventilation and humidifier on point .... average temp lights on is 77 with around 40%RH ... both reservoirs are average around 65°.... one air pump with 2 air stones per reservoir ... they are about 3 weeks old , all have roots down into the res (the sick one not as many , but still has a couple that have reached the nutrient water ... ) all roots seem to be nice and white so I don't know if RR or what ?? But something is definitely affecting one plant that isn't affecting the others..... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Help please first dwc grow  one plant very sick one plant looks healthy
Help please first dwc grow  one plant very sick one plant looks healthy 2
Help please first dwc grow  one plant very sick one plant looks healthy 3
Help please first dwc grow  one plant very sick one plant looks healthy 4
Help please first dwc grow  one plant very sick one plant looks healthy 5
Help please first dwc grow  one plant very sick one plant looks healthy 6
Help please first dwc grow  one plant very sick one plant looks healthy 7
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Is that aluminum tuck tape on the top of your buckets?

I assumed that aluminum foil or tin foil was not to be used as reflection due to possibly creating hot spots in the tent.

It looks like a humidity problem to me the roots look healthy could just be a retarded seed also. But don't dare cull it on the retarded reason alone would hate to have you offend some tree hugging hippy snowflake.

Sorry if any snowflakes here lol

HoneyBadger9

HoneyBadger9

What and how much are you feeding them? Ph?
Hello, and thanks for the response. I am feeding 50% of what the feed chart says for micro ,grow, bloom ( Holland secret future harvest hydro feed chart ) and checking ph 3 - 5 times a day , keeping it between 5.6 & 6.1

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Ah I just bought the pro pack of future harvest has like 9 supplements. Just started using in my blueberries in dwc so far I'm liking it but find I need more calnesium

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm running my mix at 1/4 strength and 500 ppm at almost identical stage as you

HoneyBadger9

HoneyBadger9

I assumed that aluminum foil or tin foil was not to be used as reflection due to possibly creating hot spots in the tent.

It looks like a humidity problem to me the roots look healthy could just be a retarded seed also. But don't dare cull it on the retarded reason alone would hate to have you offend some tree hugging hippy snowflake.

Hahaa I'm trying my best to save her... but quickly running outta ideas , so the retarded

Hahaa I'm trying my best to save her ... but as you can see I'm quickly running outta ideas 🤷‍♂️ so the retarded seed is definitely a possibility lol and the tin tape is to help keep the reservoir from heating up to much ... seems to help keep the temp down about 4 °

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

What is your humidity at? When the temp is lower then the RH you can have problems.

HoneyBadger9

HoneyBadger9

Ah I just bought the pro pack of future harvest has like 9 supplements. Just started using in my blueberries in dwc so far I'm liking it but find I need more calnesium
I have a couple more also , I'm using 25% strength of the root propogator, and have the gold and black ones and bud boom leftover from my last grow too but not using em atm lol maybe I should drop to 25% strength.... but the other 3 (I have one in soil as a mother) all seem happy AF

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Hard to compare soil to hydro as each system has it own difficulties.

Try to get humidity up to about 70% hit your vpd range. I think it's due to humidity.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
40% humidity is where I wanna be at the end of flowering not during veg.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Have you been spraying them with something? Cause I see what looks like dry liquid on the tops and around the plant.

HoneyBadger9

HoneyBadger9

Was spraying them with ph'd water once a day until the roots got to the reservoir (lights off while doing so) I ended up just transplanting the sick girl into some soil 🤷‍♂️, maybe she'll come around maybe she won't.... but I'd rather lose one of 4 than to have both the ones in that res get sick

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

If their from seed, I’d say that particular pheno / genetic is sensitive to a stressor that’s been happening in your environment..when I start from seed I cull the finicky bastards that annoy the shit out of me. I’m not a babysitter. You fucking place nice I brought you into this world and I will take you out.

Top Bottom