Help please identifying nutes problem

• Thread starter Kd2472
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kd2472

Kd2472

First time growing outdoors. I frequently enrich soil with organic material. Grass clippings, fruit and vegetables scrapes. Everything thrives in my garden. I generally do not add any fertilizer. I mixed in some old happy frog potting soil from leftover grow when I transplanted. And top it with some organic soil. I was getting some.yellowing older fan leaves. So I water with a bat guano tea. But problem continues. Saw a post that a 9-4-5 fertilizer blend was good for outdoor d growing So I found something similar in my local nursery. It was a time released. Problem continued. So I gave it a fox farm trio watering. Still persisted. I checked my ph. It was a little high. 7.5 -7.75. So I add a ph lower. Now I am up too calimagic. I guess i should have said I waited about 4-5 days between each attempt. Plant is getting bigger top part looks great. Lower older fan leaves is the issue. TRYING to prevent any further damage. Started with just yellowing on leaves, then redish leaf views, now brown curl. On a postive note my tomatoes look great. I am going away so any help before I go would be greatly appreciated

Help please identifying nutes problem
Help please identifying nutes problem 2
Help please identifying nutes problem 3
Help please identifying nutes problem 4
Help please identifying nutes problem 5
Help please identifying nutes problem 6
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They look overfed. Stop feeding them anything except one good soaking of water only for the next 2 or 3 days and let them stabilize. You're not giving them time to react to what you are doing.
Plants react quick, but you still have to wait for new growth to find out if it worked.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Looking closer at the pix, I see possible issues.
Please, always try and get closeups of questionable areas. And provide side views so we can see the height and grow pattern of the plant.
Use a 50/50 whole Milk and Water spray on them during the heat of the day.

Krispy420

Krispy420

Hi, I'm no expert but it certainly looks like calcium and magnesium deficiency to me. If you look at the top picture of just the leaf it looks like a calcium deficiency and if you look at the lower leaves on the second picture down you can see that the veins are nice and green but the leaf is yellowing, which looks like a magnesium deficiency. Have you given them any cal-mag yet? if not, I'd give it a low dose and see how she reacts.

edit* just realized this thread is two months old and just got bumped. lol, doubt any advice will be helpful at this point...

Krispy420

Krispy420

No Cal-mag. we need a close up of this area.
Look;
Hi, this thread is 2 months old. I see the area you highlighted and it looks like calcium deficiency though I certainly wouldn't bet my life on it. To the o.p or anybody else looking to identify nute deficiencies I thought this video was very helpful:

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have a bad habit of not checking the dates... thanx.

Latest posts

Top Bottom