Help please! New ish grower after some advice 🙂

• Thread starter Slimsearley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slimsearley

Slimsearley

So I'm on my second grow but my first photoperiod, been following dr mj coco and his suggestions on high frequency fertigation as it seems the right way to go with coco coir. Been mainlining and super cropping, hence all the bent over tops and what not... seems to be going well but I'm seeing some strange things going on with certain leaves and some are much darker than others. I have been thinking it's down to either a cal/mag deficiency or bit of nitrogen toxicity. It's not too bad but I want to catch it before it gets worse. Followed the canna light feeding in soft water schedule with their whole line of additives and a and b. My water is low ppm at 85 to 90 ppm, checking runoff and it's coming out at 900 to 1000pm everytime and I'm feeding it with 600ppm. Do I need to just back off a bit on the a and b or add cal/mag as a supplement? Any help would be great thanks!

Help please new ish grower after some advice
Help please new ish grower after some advice 2
Help please new ish grower after some advice 3
Help please new ish grower after some advice 4
Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Forgot to add, I'm using an es180 v2 led light 3ft away in a 2.5 x 2.5ft tent. Temps between 24/30c humidity 55/65%

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Does "es180" stand for the actual wattage from the outlet? Not familiar with that brand of LED.

Cheers

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Does "es180" stand for the actual wattage from the outlet? Not familiar with that brand of LED.

Cheers
Sorry man, electric sky 180 watt. From the green sunshine co. It's a high end led, will replace 400watt hps

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Anybody?? Sure I'll figure it out but if someone could offer some actual input that would be appreciated greatly. 🤷‍♂️

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Anybody?? Sure I'll figure it out but if someone could offer some actual input that would be appreciated greatly. 🤷‍♂️
I'm on my first grow myself and I went with the ES 300 v2's and earth dust with soil. Did you have the 180's for the first grow? How do you like them? TBH they don't look too bad to me...rookie here....maybe a little N tox???? The new growth always looks like that in my eyes. I know they say not to overreact go crazy trying to fix an issue. With coco you can adjust faster than soil. I will have to look at your diary. 👍

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Your not feeding for enough run off.
Yeah I am man, been getting 20 to 30% runoff every single feed. Feeding twice a day. I've just dropped the canna base 6ml/g and added 2ml/g calmag from vitalink. Inflow Ppm is roughly the same but now I'm within 100 ppm on runoff on the last feed this morning. Will monitor over the next few days see what happens

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

I'm on my first grow myself and I went with the ES 300 v2's and earth dust with soil. Did you have the 180's for the first grow? How do you like them? TBH they don't look too bad to me...rookie here....maybe a little N tox???? The new growth always looks like that in my eyes. I know they say not to overreact go crazy trying to fix an issue. With coco you can adjust faster than soil. I will have to look at your diary. 👍
I love the es180 man it's awesome, I used it last run and managed to get 5 1/2 oz from a single auto northern lights from nirvana. I think you might be right with nitrogen being too high, that's my thoughts what's going on. I should probs keep going and see how things change rather than worrying lol. Thanks man my diary is the same name on growdiaries.com dont have one going on here yet. Thanks dude

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I love the es180 man it's awesome, I used it last run and managed to get 5 1/2 oz from a single auto northern lights from nirvana. I think you might be right with nitrogen being too high, that's my thoughts what's going on. I should probs keep going and see how things change rather than worrying lol. Thanks man my diary is the same name on growdiaries.com dont have one going on here yet. Thanks dude
Ok never heard of that site lol. I have 3 accounts and only keep up with 2 of them lol I think I will go with the 180's for veg tent in the future. Man TBH hearing you talk about mixing nutes and watering daily is a lot of work. I am fixing to water every other day now on the 5's and every 2 days on the 10 gal pot. That is why I chose Earth Dust for my 1st grow. I have had a few guys tell me I need to learn to "FEED" the plant and learn from my mistakes and read the plants to figure out what is going on with them. Im not necessarily lazy. I have a full time job, 1000 sq.ft. garden and perineal landscape to manage. LOL just the other day I couldn't get home in time to water b4 lights out. I didn't have time b4 work. The Dracarys was extremely dry. So far....I am still happy with the results. I hope it continues through harvest.

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Ok never heard of that site lol. I have 3 accounts and only keep up with 2 of them lol I think I will go with the 180's for veg tent in the future. Man TBH hearing you talk about mixing nutes and watering daily is a lot of work. I am fixing to water every other day now on the 5's and every 2 days on the 10 gal pot. That is why I chose Earth Dust for my 1st grow. I have had a few guys tell me I need to learn to "FEED" the plant and learn from my mistakes and read the plants to figure out what is going on with them. Im not necessarily lazy. I have a full time job, 1000 sq.ft. garden and perineal landscape to manage. LOL just the other day I couldn't get home in time to water b4 lights out. I didn't have time b4 work. The Dracarys was extremely dry. So far....I am still happy with the results. I hope it continues through harvest.
It is a lot of work but I plan to setup an automatic watering system eventually to take some of the work away, leave me more time to train and do other things. It's not so bad, I just feed when I wake and when I get home from work between 7 and 10pm. I went with 5 gallon pots so I can get away with feeding just twice a day not 4 or 5. Sounds like you have a fair bit of work already man so I totally understand why you would want less to do lol. Would like to go full organic as quality is what I'm more bothered about, it's all just for my own personal use so I want the highest quality flower I can grow. As long as I grow enough to keep me going till the next one I'm cool lol. Been a total bookworm the last 9 months learning and absorbing knowledge and the science behind it all. So interesting and enjoyable to do

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

It is a lot of work but I plan to setup an automatic watering system eventually to take some of the work away, leave me more time to train and do other things. It's not so bad, I just feed when I wake and when I get home from work between 7 and 10pm. I went with 5 gallon pots so I can get away with feeding just twice a day not 4 or 5. Sounds like you have a fair bit of work already man so I totally understand why you would want less to do lol. Would like to go full organic as quality is what I'm more bothered about, it's all just for my own personal use so I want the highest quality flower I can grow. As long as I grow enough to keep me going till the next one I'm cool lol. Been a total bookworm the last 9 months learning and absorbing knowledge and the science behind it all. So interesting and enjoyable to do
Damn I couldn't have said it any better. I'm sure most of us are in it for that same reason. I thought about auto drip system like in my vegetable garden but so far I am happy with how much work I have to put i to it. Cheers bro and happy Farming!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So I'm on my second grow but my first photoperiod, been following dr mj coco and his suggestions on high frequency fertigation as it seems the right way to go with coco coir. Been mainlining and super cropping, hence all the bent over tops and what not... seems to be going well but I'm seeing some strange things going on with certain leaves and some are much darker than others. I have been thinking it's down to either a cal/mag deficiency or bit of nitrogen toxicity. It's not too bad but I want to catch it before it gets worse. Followed the canna light feeding in soft water schedule with their whole line of additives and a and b. My water is low ppm at 85 to 90 ppm, checking runoff and it's coming out at 900 to 1000pm everytime and I'm feeding it with 600ppm. Do I need to just back off a bit on the a and b or add cal/mag as a supplement? Any help would be great thanks!
not knowing the strain, mmm.
i’ve seen too much nutrients do that to plants, kinda stunts them too, root issues and maybe pests also?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
not knowing the strain, mmm.
i’ve seen too much nutrients do that to plants, kinda stunts them too, root issues and maybe pests also?
is your bag sitting on the cold floor? with water on the floor?

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Damn I couldn't have said it any better. I'm sure most of us are in it for that same reason. I thought about auto drip system like in my vegetable garden but so far I am happy with how much work I have to put i to it. Cheers bro and happy Farming!
Same to you bro take it easy 💪

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

is your bag sitting on the cold floor? with water on the floor?
Its propped up on an elevated platform, the environment is perfect and doesnt really fluctuate that much, I invested in quite a lot of stuff to get that part right... think it could potentially be roots as I have been adding stakes and may have caught some of them doing so. Also I think I might need to upgrade my fabric pots soon as I've seen a few root ends poking out the side of the pot, not sure if that's normal or if it's ok, but could be a reason I guess. Thanks for the input and taking the time to comment 👍

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Little update, think I've nailed it with just dropping 6ml/g on the a and b and supplementing with calmag at 2ml/g. Plants praying again totally happy, ppms are the same coming out as going in (or slightly lower) so much much better. Defoliated a bit too, here's some pics of her now.

20200526 083956
20200526 083952
20200526 084004
Top Bottom