help please, noticed some funky spots on leaves of one plant!

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

hey guys, any thoughts on what this may be ?
Help please noticed some funky spots on leaves of one plant
Help please noticed some funky spots on leaves of one plant 2
Help please noticed some funky spots on leaves of one plant 3

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

thanks for the reply! i will get in the habit of including more info in the original post from now on lol. its white widow feminized, they are in pro mix HP and i have been giving them reduced doses of emerald harvest 3 part nutrient series as well as cal mag every few waters,recently started increasing P,K and tapering down a bit on the nitrogen as i have flipped the lights to 12/12 a few days ago.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

i havent been monitoring TDS, however i know the PH of my nutrient solution is around 6.5-6.8. TDS/EC meter is on the way in the mail , here on Tuesday,, ive invested enough in everything else so far haha, seems stupid not to have one of those on hand..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
thanks for the reply! i will get in the habit of including more info in the original post from now on lol. its white widow feminized, they are in pro mix HP and i have been giving them reduced doses of emerald harvest 3 part nutrient series as well as cal mag every few waters,recently started increasing P,K and tapering down a bit on the nitrogen as i have flipped the lights to 12/12 a few days ago.
The issues are not bad just parenting jitters! Lol it should be ok as the flower stretch occurs, they will feed more and drink more as the root zone expands during this phase so added micronutrients to the regiment will be beneficial. Super thrive is a good micro dose to add every 3rd watering during flower up till week 6. Then flowering nutes only. Think about carbs at this time as well, molasses and or sugars to feed the media if soilless as this will really help the root zone along as they plant packs weight.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

What kind of water are you giving? When I started giving RO I got some deficiency issues. I supplement with sensical mag xtra and don’t have problems anymore.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

The issues are not bad just parenting jitters! Lol it should be ok as the flower stretch occurs, they will feed more and drink more as the root zone expands during this phase so added micronutrients to the regiment will be beneficial. Super thrive is a good micro dose to add every 3rd watering during flower up till week 6. Then flowering nutes only. Think about carbs at this time as well, molasses and or sugars to feed the media if soilless as this will really help the root zone along as they plant packs weight.
okay good haha! so youre thinking nute burn and mag def for sure eh ? theyre due for a watering this morning perhaps ill just give them some cal mag and not a feed this time around! and go a bit slower from now on? ihave been giving them their micro every watering basically! and will continue to do so after i flush them out a bit, then resume again once signs of burning stop?

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

What kind of water are you giving? When I started giving RO I got some deficiency issues. I supplement with sensical mag xtra and don’t have problems anymore.
just tap water buddy! not sure of the TDS, meter is arriving tmr, should have picked one up sooner..what kind of ppm should i be looking for in my feed during early flowering stage ?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
okay good haha! so youre thinking nute burn and mag def for sure eh ? theyre due for a watering this morning perhaps ill just give them some cal mag and not a feed this time around! and go a bit slower from now on? ihave been giving them their micro every watering basically! and will continue to do so after i flush them out a bit, then resume again once signs of burning stop?
I’d feed as normal just say 2 more watering cycles before feed cycle., watch new growth and see how they look.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd avoid calmag right now also. That stuff causes more problems than it solves for most growers. If it were mine I'd stick to regular nutrients at about 500ppm if you have a meter, on a feed feed water or feed water water cycle starting with a couple water cycles as Jack og suggested.

Calcium is good but it's best on it's own in calcium carbonate or AG gypsum, even cal nitrate. And never fed with other nutrients, always on it's own during a "water" feed. I use about 100-150ppm calcium carbonate every third feeding up to about halfway through flower.

Last edited:
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

okay, thanks alot guys !!! maybe i will give them one good watering of only water then begin a feed, feed, water schedule @ 500PPM for a bit, theyre needing to be watered about every 36 hours now . my PPM meter is arriving today thankfully so i will actually be able to get a more accurate idea of whats going on with everything nutrient related which will be nice.. no more winging it haha, it has worked thus far but i dont wanna play around during flower.. i need things to turn out well, ive put a fair bit of time and cash into this so far lol! and thats interesting that you mention that about the cal mag... the dink at the hydro store wholeheartedly recommended i get that over just about all of the other supplements in the nutrient lineup i am using haha.. i wont be taking his advice again.. youre not the first person ive heard mention that its kind of stupid. much better to have a calcium supp and a magnesium supp on hand.. two different problems,,. why be in one bottle,.. i can see how it could just lead to issues now. thanks again for the advice, much appreciated !

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

just got my meter in and my tap water is at 225 ppm :0 .... good thing i havent been drinking it lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

i havent been monitoring TDS, however i know the PH of my nutrient solution is around 6.5-6.8. TDS/EC meter is on the way in the mail , here on Tuesday,, ive invested enough in everything else so far haha, seems stupid not to have one of those on hand..
Get your PH down to 6.5 steady for better nutrient absorption and best results. I don't know about the Coco in there, that might even want a slightly lower pH depending on the volume you've mixed in ?

20A34676 8DE3 42B7 A6F3 155680C59B65

Top Bottom