Help Please. Outdoor Plant In Danger Of Something? Help Identify Please.

• Thread starter gardnguyahoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Um wtf is this, it looks bad.
Help please outdoor plant in danger of something help identify please
Help please outdoor plant in danger of something help identify please 2

This is one of the most affected leaves

Below is the top of the same leaf
Help please outdoor plant in danger of something help identify please 3

Please help me keep This plant happy

Like i said, outdoor plant. Uses bottle nutes, week 3 of flower. Organic fox farm soil. Watered once every 2- 4 days

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I cannot wipe it off. If that helps narrow it down

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

thats just what it looks like to me...if you can't wipe them off then it might be something else...

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

The spots look almost imbedded... About 5 % of leaves are affected. And even with a scratch or thumbnail it doesnt come off, short of digging into the leaf.

Not on any top leaves. Im removing the affected leaves to see if it goes away

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

With a jewelers loupe up to my phone camera (haha can't believe that worked!)
20150803 180451
20150803 180524

frebo

frebo

If you not spraying for mites chances are you are going to have them growing outdoor. Check the Forums on that subject. These people are great for solving your problems but you need to search and read.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

If you not spraying for mites chances are you are going to have them growing outdoor. Check the Forums on that subject. These people are great for solving your problems but you need to search and read.

Thanks for your reply.

You're right, more times than not the answer is there. And folks get all ancy trying to figure it out without doing the finger and eyeball work. (instead of footwork lol) but i read a couple lists with photos, searched on Google. Didn't really come up with anything.

I searched for my problem (small black spots on bottom of leaf. I found one similar post, and the pics were deleted and nobody gave any suggestions on how to fix the problem, or identified it. One guy said "thrips" so i searched thrips andi t looked nothing like thrips. So i came to the post lol.

They look like little piles of black turd man, and they don't move. Someone has to have run into this problem before

frebo

frebo

There are so many preventive measures you can take so you don't have to use some of these scary compounds. I use neem seed meal in my soil along with OG Bioware.I spray once or twice a week with neem oil, or Organicide, or Trilogy, or OG Bioware Foliar. I have Avid but don't have to use it if I stay on schedule with my spraying.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In California you have to have an operators permit to buy Trilogy.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

That kind of looks like aphid damage to me. The black dots look like the honeycomb they leave behind. Or just some bug poop. Doesn't look like anything a treating of neem wouldn't cure, or spinosad. Message me or tag me if you need help on how to apply either of those products.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

BTW, the reason the tops of the leaves look like they do, and the bottoms have the bugs, is because whatever bug you have is a sap eating bug. That is the damage that occurs when a bug is sucking sap from the under sides of the leaves, just an FYI.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

That kind of looks like aphid damage to me. The black dots look like the honeycomb they leave behind. Or just some bug poop. Doesn't look like anything a treating of neem wouldn't cure, or spinosad. Message me or tag me if you need help on how to apply either of those products.

Thanks guys. I pulled off the affected leaves and none have come back since. I would def be down to learn more about applying neem. Id really like to get by without any ipm at all, but you gotta protect your girls.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

The best way to apply neem:

Step one: Make sure your need oil is above 70 degrees. This will mean it's liquid. You will know what it looks like when it's cold, it's clumpy and hard to pour.

Step two: 1 ounce of neem oil per gallon of spray

Step Three: Buy a wetting agent to aid in the spread of the neem. VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Yucca extract, SM-90, dish soap, ext. I use yucca with the stated instructions on the bottle for amounts to apply.

Step Four: put in a 5 gallon bucket (or whatever). Mix your neem, your wetting agent and the correct amount of water

Step Five: Get a mud mixer from Lowes or Homedepot and a drill. (or something that can replicate these tools) I like to mix, aka emulsify, my water mix for at least 2 minutes on full speed with the drill. 5 minutes really emulsifies the mix very well.

Step 6: Pour mix from bucket into sprayer.

When to apply Neem:

You only apply neem when the sun or lights are off. I have heard many different amounts of time, some say 6 hours before turning back on your lights, or sun up. I personally start my sprays at 5am, finish around 7-8am and the sun starts hitting the plants around 8:30-9am. I have had zero problems. If the light does effect the plant, it will bleach the leafs and look like a chemical burn. To be safe, I would recommend 2 full hours of non direct light on your plants while applying neem. If you don't follow this instruction, you will burn the shit out of your plants.

Most effective way to apply Neem:

I find the best way to apply neem is a fogger or atomizer. Neem has to be eaten by the bugs, and doesn't transfer into the plant. So the better the spread of neem on the leaf, dirt, stem surfaces, the better. A normal sprayer will work no problem, but a fogger is the Lamborghini of sprayers.

Washing equipment. Neem is a bitch to clean. I personally have a two gallon fogger, that I run 12-20 gallons through when spraying. If I were to not clean in between sprays, I would accumulate a tremendous overdose because of the residuals from the tank before. I spray my first tank, then rinse my tanks three times, then start from scratch with a new 2 gallons. When totally finished, I like to clean the tank like stated, then I run a 1/4-1 gallon of pure water to clean my sprayer. Not doing so will result in shorten life with your sprayer.

I think that is all......That's off the top of my head. Anybody else want to throw some advice in?

Top Bottom