Help Please!! Plants Are Almost Dead After Transplant

• Thread starter Perrier
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Perrier

These two fine strains have been doing great up till about now... :( I did the final transplant into their last pit's, and they look like they hate it and are dying. Please help me if there is anyway I can make life better for these two. Any tips/help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Help please plants are almost dead after transplant
Help please plants are almost dead after transplant 2
Help please plants are almost dead after transplant 3
Help please plants are almost dead after transplant 4
Moto

Moto

These two fine strains have been doing great up till about now... :( I did the final transplant into their last pit's, and they look like they hate it and are dying. Please help me if there is anyway I can make life better for these two. Any tips/help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Get a fan on her or air circulation.. Looks like she is starving for oxygen.. If you have a heat pad put it under the pot also.. You should start seeing her perking back up in a few days if this is correct..

Was this after the first initial transplant watering? What is the media it is in?

Always best if you are potting up to a much bigger size to make sure you have a good solid root ball to ensure you have minimal future issues.

If this is an oxygen issue.. Hope this helps :D

If not then we can continue :)

Last edited:
thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Is there a formation of roots and if so are they wet?have they been under that light for a while? What are your Temps and humidity?that's a pretty big pot for those little guys.are you planning on growing them out or flipping them since u did your final transplant?

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

You think oxygen lol There are several potential causes for the disparity in water loss from foliage and water uptake from the transplant root ball. The first is related to root activity and function.
The plant appears rather small to be transplanting , but either the case did you damage the root system ??? when transplanting .
Obviously osmosis is effected plants are transpiring more then taking up water ..causing wilting ,, what is your RH
Is soil to Hot ??? where plants are frying up ??? did you water enough ??? if you stick your finger down low is it Dry or what ???
Your issue is below soil or your RH is way to low

Moto

Moto

You think oxygen lol There are several potential causes for the disparity in water loss from foliage and water uptake from the transplant root ball. The first is related to root activity and function.
The plant appears rather small to be transplanting , but either the case did you damage the root system ??? when transplanting .
Obviously osmosis is effected plants are transpiring more then taking up water ..causing wilting ,, what is your RH
Is soil to Hot ??? where plants are frying up ??? did you water enough ??? if you stick your finger down low is it Dry or what ???
Your issue is below soil or your RH is way to low

You seem to appear in most all of my friends posts or anywhere I post.. Either you enjoy my company or you are trying to troll me after I called you out for being a negative influence and lack of knowledge in another thread..

Help people and quit acting like an asshat if you are doing option two..

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

You seem to appear in most all of my friends posts or anywhere I post.. Either you enjoy my company or you are trying to troll me after I called you out for being a negative influence and lack of knowledge in another thread..

Help people and quit acting like an asshat if you are doing option two..
lol now i press new posts from looking at op's picture looks like he has shit load of perlite i thought of compaction Also but that is not the case ..
Either his soil is not mixed good enough , and he transplanted in a hot zone, when transplanted
But for it to wilt like that is extreme and obviously, the plant is transpiring more then taking up
Its going to die .. He is better off taking a chance and re transplanting it and taking a look at the roots

P

Perrier

lol now i press new posts from looking at op's picture looks like he has shit load of perlite i thought of compaction Also but that is not the case ..
Either his soil is not mixed good enough , and he transplanted in a hot zone, when transplanted
But for it to wilt like that is extreme and obviously, the plant is transpiring more then taking up
Its going to die .. He is better off taking a chance and re transplanting it and taking a look at the roots

In response to everyone: Sorry I fell asleep. I transplanted from a ceramic pot into a plastic one due to the drainage being bad in ceramic. Anyways I did hurt a lot of the root system unfortunately. This was my first transplant so I ended up cutting 1/3 of the root system. I also switched to a bigger light which I think caused more stress and trauma. I let her sit over night with a fan on them and they don't look much better. I'll post pics when I'm back.
The medium is 1/3 kind soil fert at the bottom. Mixed with 1/2 1/2 perlite and Edna's best potting mix. Thank you all for your help :]

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

That will do it least you learnt something next time start with 1 - 2 " seedling pot let it grow until you see roots coming out the bottom or sides .. Let soil dry out so root ball and soil stays together.. take out gently and transplant into a pot 2 times as deep and wide as leafs .
and so on and so on ..
When ever moving light under bigger power allow them time to adjust by raising light source higher and every day lowering them until there ok with it talking T5's to 1000's of watts
Its a learning process treat seedlings and even clones delicately. and less root disturbance will mean no stress
Gallery 11738 4908 319007
Seedlings
1 week old
Picture 034

Gallery 11738 4818 152538
Gallery 11738 4908 319007
P

Perrier

That will do it least you learnt something next time start with 1 - 2 " seedling pot let it grow until you see roots coming out the bottom or sides .. Let soil dry out so root ball and soil stays together.. take out gently and transplant into a pot 2 times as deep and wide as leafs .
and so on and so on ..
When ever moving light under bigger power allow them time to adjust by raising light source higher and every day lowering them until there ok with it talking T5's to 1000's of watts
Its a learning process treat seedlings and even clones delicately. and less root disturbance will mean no stress View attachment 609043 View attachment 609044 View attachment 609046 View attachment 609047

Thanks for all the useful information Now I know never to transplant after watering. Anyways put themy both back under the weaker light and seems as if they are recovering. I hope this doesn't hold them back too much seeing as I cut their source of receiving nutrients[Roots]. If there should be anything else I can do to help thease plants, please do tell me.

20160618 151851
20160618 151858
20160618 151854
Top Bottom