Help please! Powdery Mildew!!

• Thread starter Trebla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MR.SOG

try eagle 20ew if you want a systemic fungicide, it worked for me. its easy to find too. couldn't find meltatox anywhere.

V

vapedg13

meltatox is available only in canada...

Usually you wont see pm until your in flower....eagle 20 is systemic it kills the pm from the inside of your plant it has a residual effect of 21 days... so if you have less than 4 weeks of flower I wouldnt use that on your buds...it also smells like diesel fuel.

Greencure is killer for spot spraying as you need or total plant coverage....last 10-12 days between applications

Milk or h202 mix at 1/4 cup per 32oz spray bottle of water works also but only for 4-5 days between applications

One last important thing... Total clean your grow area...everything floors walls ceiling lights everything...1 spore and your right back where you started before trying to get rid of the shit:rofl

IMG 1609
B

Bobbo

Hello all,
New to this whole process, & by process I mean PROCESS, lol. I am using my closet for a veg room & a 4' x 4' x 6.5' tent for flowering. I made the mistake of closing the tent up without any air movement or dehumidification inside during the dark hours. Needless to say, I ran into a bout' of Powdery Mildew, or some kind of mold. I do not have an exhaust fan, I run an L.E.D light so there isnt much heat during the day. I open it during the day. I have a big dehumidifier & a fan inside now. Should I keep the plants that are infected or throw them out? I have already taken the plants and everything out & sprayed the inside of the tent with alcohol. I have two of the same strain with it, Bubbleberry. Does anyone know if this strain gets PM easily? One plant obviously got infected in the tent, but then the BB that was in my closet with two other strains started showing signs of PM. The other two strains, one Cheese & one Sour Diesel that were in my closet are ok though. There are little buds on one of the BB in the tent so not sure what to use? I think the plant must be infected so I probs need a systemic solution as well as a foliar fed solution.
I already have Serenade but I was wondering what is the best to rid the PM & for preventative maintenance: Greencure, Eagle 20, Banner max & Quantum Growth, Dutch Masters Penetrator & Zone, or Saya' Nara? I am probs gonna get the Greencure anyway but I was thinking I need a systemic...

666elsie

I had/have a powdery mildew problem that I thought I had/have under control.RONG!!
This shit don't go away unless U really do a good cleaning!
I jus cropped and the weed smells good lots of crystals,BUT the taste is well nutral,like dead,yes U get high but the taste.did this PM crap my weed??/HELP!!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

PM is the worst. Excel LG is an organic systemic fungicide, a good alternative to the eagle 20 but the eagle 20 does work.

PM screws your buds. I hate that shit so much I'll even use eagle 20 on my girls. ONLY IN VEG for eagle 20.

U

UrbanGorilla

sulfer burner is cheap and easy method to battle powdery mildew.

B

BuBBleboy

I used 2% milk 1/10 ratio with water (in the last three days of flower with PM...), and then the last two rinses I used PH down (strong mix), and finally RO water. Took off a lot of resin, but no after taste, and no spores, ever, any. To each there own though. Good luck!
JMS Stylet oil (OMRI listed emulsified paraffinic oil) also works well for me, but some strains are really sensitive, and hard to dose right (or it just reacts like a burn when it meets the fungus on the foliage (maybe a lil light burn, can't fully tell yet...?). I am currently treating a fungus problem (not PM,but i'm thinking septoria, maybe DM and/or rust?) and running side by side studies with multiple plants of a couple strains in veg, and I just sprayed stylet 4 weeks in on my 707H.B. and my G-13. I left my P.K. and M.T.F alone to see how they would finish, and if it is going to get at my un-sprayed buds in the final weeks? I'll let you know. But if you want to try something now, I have been feeding my vegging girls stylet via soil-drench (even though it isn't directed this way), and so far it seems to be working a lot better than the ones I am just dunking/spraying.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I know what you mean about taste Elsie. 4 out of my 6 OGs were lookin perfect until thevery end. The other 2 were pretty badly infected with PM. Shoulda pulled em but didnt. Every plant ended up with a coating of PM in the end. Talk about disappointment...

The 4 that looked good til the last 2 days look bomb ass. The mold is very light so it looks like frost. The taste though is just not there as it would have been without the PM. Not a bad taste, but kind of like neutral as Elsie said.

I also tried Seranade. Would disappear for 5 days and come back. Left a residual smell on the buds I sprayed. Sprayed 2 times, both 4 weeks before harvest. Not worth it.

Going the burner route this time. Just saw first sign of PM on 2 of my girls 2 days ago. Canopy was way too dense with leaves on those plants. Thinned them a ton. Did first burn yesterday. Was afraid to burn sooner cause had sprayed neem 18 days ago and didnt want to burn em. Went for a 2.5 hour burn yesterday, another tomorrow and another 2 days later. That will be all for the burns as I am on day 18 of flower. Girls look insane! Want to keep em that way this time.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you have a good burner (not a diy) like a sulfuem hot box you can burn until week 6 as long as you do short burns (1.5 hours) once or twice a week

if you dont tear down your room, sanitize everything with physan 20 (or bleach), buy new fans etc you will never get rid of the pm

B

BuBBleboy

if you have a good burner (not a diy) like a sulfuem hot box you can burn until week 6 as long as you do short burns (1.5 hours) once or twice a week

if you dont tear down your room, sanitize everything with physan 20 (or bleach), buy new fans etc you will never get rid of the pm

damnn... my old house/run had PM and some other fungus, and after I shut down and sanitized for 3 months, I moved. But that is probably where I got this plague from... again... maybe? I sanitized everything like 4 times over, with three different things. didn't use physan 20 though, would you recommend it over bleach, alch., and baking soda (for the carpet, corners, ect.). I took apart and wiped down everything, fans and all and then I hot boxed a garage with Fungalflor brand fungus bombs, and ran all my osc./inline fans/ and scrubbed a carbon filter for a couple hours. After this run I am just going to get new fans and scrubbers I guess.

G

growhard

I am starting to select only pm resistant strains. It is difficult to do, as you never know until it hits. I had two phenos of OG Raskel.... one was a giant pm party plan... nothing would stop it. Yet right next to that plant were two others from the same seed pack that were bulletproof. Unfortunately I lost that strain a while back.
I just purchased a brix meter and I am going to see if I can gauge a strains resistance to pathogens without having to introduce them to each other.
If you are pulling air from outside without a hepa filter and a UV filter, you are inviting all kinds of pathogens on a daily basis. I even used to keep a trough outside my room with 1" of bleach solution to step in upon entry. Put the sole of your shoe under a microscope if you want to see a microscopic flea circus!

FurtherBus

FurtherBus

I battled pm for years until I figured out about the sulfer burner. I burned 6 hours a day in my mother room for about 2 weeks and I never saw pm again. I would say use it for a couple runs during lights off in veg and even the first few weeks of flower. shit works wonders. now my product is fully clean.

G

growhard

Sulfur burners are awesome... just make sure you turn off your air filters or they pretty much clean the sulfur out of the air. I highly recommend buying one if you are in California, as I keep on hearing rumors that they will be banned.

Top Bottom