Help please Vg tincture

• Thread starter Joe.gmz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joe.gmz

Hey what’s up,
Basically I did some vg tincture with normal weed (why normal weed because I live in cuu and at the moment the weed i had was not great quality) when I smoked some of that weed i could get like a medium high but it does not last long, anyway I decarb 100 gr of weed on the oven for 1.30 hours( maybe a lil bit more because there was some smoke coming out when i checked it) at 120 Celsius ( that’s the min that my stove lets me ) I placed the decarb weed into a mason jar and then I added a lt of Vg to it and I put it on my crock pot on high for 4 hours 4 hours on low and on warm for 16 hours, 24 hours total. I took a whole dropper and after 3 hours I maybe felt something but maybe it was my imagination.
My question is I now bought some new weed much better than the other one could I reuse the tincture that I already have to start over again just adding more vg to complete the lt or do I do it with a new bottle of vg

Help please vg tincture
Help please vg tincture 2
Dan789

Dan789

Not sure why your original tincture was weak other than just the material you've used.
I'm going a different route, when my next batch of tincture is ready (via alcohol 60 day soak), then I'm going to boil off the alcohol on a hot plate, while adding a measure of VG back in. My wife is currently using the raw alcohol derived tincture, but I'd like to remove the alcohol so that's what I'm planning. I don't have any way of knowing how potent or how much saturation the alcohol gets, but have to think that after 60 days, there isn't much left in the dregs, that I'm straining out and tossing...

J

Joe.gmz

Hey yeah the thing is that is really hard to get that kind of alcohol here that’s why I’m using vg

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Low temp decarb is key, also soak in vg , low temp heat, strain, low temp heat, add 4drops of water, heat, get that to gel. Then I freeze it, 2 weeks winterizing, strain post thaw, room temp, heat again low temp and final filter then package and sterilization like canning under pressure and heat. This ensure no mold/ and does a bit of final de carb that potentially may have been missed. I always start with good medicine though. High cbd flower , Suzy and cherry pie or gg4 for its resin content

Top Bottom