Help Plz! Leaf mutations + other leaf concerns

• Thread starter S.WestFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Maybe back off on the nutes and maybe watering frequency. Shes loaded. Bet the runoff ec is high and acidic.
since i run a DWC setup, should i flush again then leave plain water in the res for a day or two? or should i just flush and then setup res to where im at a very low percentage on nutrients? Last time i flushed with 5.8 water and the runoff came out to about 6.3 after 3 gal flush!

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

If you pick up an IR thermometer off Amazon or somewhere they are super cheap like $15 and with that you can tell your leaf temps, ideally 75F. That way you can tell if your lights are to close or your ambient temps are to high and vice versa. Very good tool to have on hand and is dirt cheap.

I also use "light meter" app you can download on your phone for free. Nowhere near as good as a par meter but 100% better than flying blind. I go seedling 5000-10000 lux, veg starting at 10000 lux and increasing up to about 40000 through late veg. In flower I hit 75000-80000 lux but I run CO2. 40000+ is good for flower.

With the IR and that app you can get max benefits of your lights without heat stressing the plant. $15 total for a lot of peace of mind.
right on Aqua, ill download that app asap. I actually just recieved my new PH meter and my PPM meter last night, so im oretty stoked, I checked my PH and my other meter was terribly off. My old meter read 5.72, and new meter was giving me 6.8. Holy hell my poor lady has been dealing with less than optimal growing conditions for far too long. Im just thankful shes a forgiving old lady and is still trying to lay in bed with me after all the bad things ive done to her -_\
I will have to get the IR themometer hopefully within the next week. You know beginning of the month means bill time!

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

oh and my PPM is at 737. ive never messed with any of that obviously. Would anyone mind keying me in? i found that my water is terribly hard out the tap. Its a shame cuz it taste way better than the city water. We get our water from an aquifier and the ppm sits ight at 590. damn.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

oh and my PPM is at 737. ive never messed with any of that obviously. Would anyone mind keying me in? i found that my water is terribly hard out the tap. Its a shame cuz it taste way better than the city water. We get our water from an aquifier and the ppm sits ight at 590. damn.
Anything more than 250ppm from the tap I would not use ideally 150ppm. You likely won't need cal mag. I would suggest either buying an RO unit or get the 5 gal jugs and dilute your tap water down to 100-150ppm then add your nutes starting low like 400 ppm so a total of 500-550 and see how the plants responds. Ph to 5.8 after adding the nutes

It's important to buy a pH and tds/ppm meter that is calibratable and the solution to calibrate it.

If you are using a water softener do not use that water for your plants.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

since i run a DWC setup, should i flush again then leave plain water in the res for a day or two? or should i just flush and then setup res to where im at a very low percentage on nutrients? Last time i flushed with 5.8 water and the runoff came out to about 6.3 after 3 gal flush!

Im sorry i have no hydro experience. In potting soil I would water only and check the runoff to see what to do. Either leave it or add back less than it was getting.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Anything more than 250ppm from the tap I would not use ideally 150ppm. You likely won't need cal mag. I would suggest either buying an RO unit or get the 5 gal jugs and dilute your tap water down to 100-150ppm then add your nutes starting low like 400 ppm so a total of 500-550 and see how the plants responds. Ph to 5.8 after adding the nutes

It's important to buy a pH and tds/ppm meter that is calibratable and the solution to calibrate it.

If you are using a water softener do not use that water for your plants.
dang alright i'll start saving for an RO filter, but for the meanwhile i'll start buying the 5 Gals.
the new PH meter with ATC came with the solution so its freshly calibrated as of last night. The PPM meter claims to come factory calibrated. I'm not sure if there is a solution to calibrate PPM meter as well?
MAn i thought our water was the best water ive tasted anywhere so never thought of using a softener. I may have to though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom