Help posting pics

• Thread starter barndtb610
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
az2000

az2000

How do I post pics on here?

I'm using a laptop & browser. There is an "Attach files" button beneath this box I'm typing into. To include images in your post, you click that button to attach them to your post. Then you'll see an "insert" button next to each image. You can use that to insert the photos whereever the cursor is within the editor. Or, you can just leave them attached (without insert), and they will appear at the bottom of your post (I think).

If you use a phone, the interface may be different.

B

barndtb610

How do I post pics on here?
Can somebody please tell me why my plant looks like this? I thought it was an AUTO-FLOWER AFGHAN SKUNK, but not 100% sure... It's was planted on July 9th, had some burn from insecticide, but it bounced back nice, but now it's not doing anything but reaching for the light... I have no idea what this is, since this is my 1st grow... Any info would be great...

B

barndtb610

I'm using a laptop & browser. There is an "Attach files" button beneath this box I'm typing into. To include images in your post, you click that button to attach them to your post. Then you'll see an "insert" button next to each image. You can use that to insert the photos whereever the cursor is within the editor. Or, you can just leave them attached (without insert), and they will appear at the bottom of your post (I think).

If you use a phone, the interface may be different.
Ty... Now that that out the way & I've posted the pics, can U help me?

az2000

az2000

I see ovefed, maybe kept too wet too long (not allowed to dry enough, or the soil is too slow drying). The leaves being droopy look overwateed. But, the cupped, puckered look is overfed. I see some burnt tips, but not bad.

What do you feed? How much? (do you know the ppms of your nutrient mix and the water before adding nutrients?). Do you get runoff when you water/feed? That will help reduce buildup of nutrients in the soil (which you could be at risk of).

I'm growing a couple plants in cactus mix as a test (if it works). I overfed 4 times and they looked like that. One of them is more kush or afghan and suffered more (it might have already been showing signs before I overfed deliberately. It looked much more like yours, all leaves drooping, cupped, buckling.).

B

barndtb610

View attachment 894321View attachment 894322

Can somebody please tell me why my plant looks like this? I thought it was an AUTO-FLOWER AFGHAN SKUNK, but not 100% sure... It's was planted on July 9th, had some burn from insecticide, but it bounced back nice, but now it's not doing anything but reaching for the light... I have no idea what this is, since this is my 1st grow... Any info would be great...
this is the same exact strand, which was planted 8 days before the one above, and I'm getting ready to chop this one down! Like how is the one up top looking like it is??? Please HELP!

B

barndtb610

I see ovefed, maybe kept too wet too long (not allowed to dry enough, or the soil is too slow drying). The leaves being droopy look overwateed. But, the cupped, puckered look is overfed. I see some burnt tips, but not bad.

What do you feed? How much? (do you know the ppms of your nutrient mix and the water before adding nutrients?). Do you get runoff when you water/feed? That will help reduce buildup of nutrients in the soil (which you could be at risk of).

I'm growing a couple plants in cactus mix as a test (if it works). I overfed 4 times and they looked like that. One of them is more kush or afghan and suffered more (it might have already been showing signs before I overfed deliberately. It looked much more like yours, all leaves drooping, cupped, buckling.).
Mine are AFGHAN SKUNK, and I have it in either COCO LOCO or HAPPY FROG soil, and I feed her the FOX FARM trio.... I must admit that I may have fed her nutrients too early

az2000

az2000

Mine are AFGHAN SKUNK, and I have it in either COCO LOCO or HAPPY FROG soil, and I feed her the FOX FARM trio.... I must admit that I may have fed her nutrients too early

How much of each bottle do you mix per gallon? I'm not familiar with coco loco. Happy Frog isn't supposed to be that nutrient-rich (as Ocean Forest). With your plants in flower, I suspect that you should be feeding. (You don't know which you used? Or, you used both?).

B

barndtb610

Should I water them til they ru
How much of each bottle do you mix per gallon? I'm not familiar with coco loco. Happy Frog isn't supposed to be that nutrient-rich (as Ocean Forest). With your plants in flower, I suspect that you should be feeding. (You don't know which you used? Or, you used both?).
I'm using half the recommended dose on the FOX FARM FEEDING SCHEDULE... 3 tsp Big Bloom, 1 & a half tsp grow big, and I may have put a tsp of Tiger BLOOM the last time I fed it, cuz I seen the pistols start to come out, so I assumed she was going into flower, cuz she supposed to be an AUTO flower...

az2000

az2000

I'm using half the recommended dose on the FOX FARM FEEDING SCHEDULE... 3 tsp Big Bloom, 1 & a half tsp grow big, and I may have put a tsp of Tiger BLOOM the last time I fed it, cuz I seen the pistols start to come out, so I assumed she was going into flower, cuz she supposed to be an AUTO flower...

The amounts you're using should create about 270ppm. That's not high. But, you should use a PPM meter. You can get one on Amazon for $20. You can calibrate it using 1g of salt from the kitchen mixed in 1 liter of distilled water (that creates 1000ppm). Someone else said the actual ppms were considerably higher than what the guaranteed analysis calculates to. (The numbers on the label is a minimum guarantee. It can be stronger.).

If you "may" have addded 5ml Tigerbloom too, that "may" have created about 400ppm. That's getting up there in strength (for soil). So-called bloom nutes won't help a plant flower. They don't look at the nutrients an say "hello, it looks like it's time to reproduce." With regular photosenstive cannabis, it's an enzyme or hormone which develops during darkness, and burns off in light. When you change the light to more dark, less light, it doesn't burn off enough. The plant detects that buildup of hormone an goes into flower. (Autoflowers include ruderalis which doesn't work that way. It has a fixed lifespan. I've never heard the details about how that works. But, I'm pretty sure you can't help it along. Especially with nutrients.).

Be careful switching to so-called "bloom nutrients." It's easy to reduce N too much, too soon. The leaves start yellowing. You created a 1-1.35-1.1 ratio if you used TigerBloom the way you described. Otherwise, you were creating ratio 1.31-1-1.17 (which sounds better for the stage of life it's in).

The problem could be that you didn't get runoff. Unused nutrients could be building up. The rule of thumb is to pour enough for 10% runoff (I interpret that to be 10% of the amount poured in. Not 10% of the container volume.). I sometimes do 20% because I like to feed a little stronger, and that will help prevent a problem from developing.

If you had a ppm meter you could measure the runoff. That can be very informative about salt build. It seems like every soil may be different. But, if you use the same soil you might see trends that would suggest that you're feeding too much, or how more/less runoff works.

Since you have a ph pen, you could measure the runoff ph. But, I don't think that's as accurate as people think it is. If you pour too fast, the solution has less time to acclimate to the soil's ph. It may not reflect the real ph of the soil. If you pour too much, that can dilute the runoff. If you google for "NCSU Pour-through extraction method" you find a document describing a repeatable process to get accurate (according to them) measurements. But, it's tedious.

I don't think you have a ph problem. But, if you have salt buildup in the soil, that should cause acidic runoff. You might not be to the point where it would cause lockout and deficiencies. But, it could be to the point that you see it in the runoff. (I see it in my soil as ppms. The higher the runoff ppms the more acidic the soil is. When the runoff reaches 2500, the ph is low enough to lockout nutrients. But, if I had 2000ppm runoff, that would suggest significant salt in the soil, but not enough to cause a visual problem. Maybe just an overfed appearance. The runoff ppms (or ph which tracks it) would let me know that they're overfed due to a pattern of overfeeding, not what I'm feeding right at that moment.).

Latest posts

Top Bottom