Help Pro Mix Problems

• Thread starter UsedRugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UsedRugs

UsedRugs

Hi need some insight on some problems im having in the greenhouse. Long time indoor coco grower now running my first outdoor greenhouse using pro mx hp mycorrhizal. Im using general 3 part. Everything was going great until flip now I am having insanely thin new growth almost bleach yellow colour. 20 gal pots last water was 50 percent strength rec dose (500ppm) run off ppm 700. ph going in 6.5. out 5.6. Water before that was flush. Its been 5 days since last water and they are looking wilty from overwater. Almost looks like iron or zinc lockout. Im not sure how to proceed since I just flushed and they are barely drinking. Any help is much appreciated.

UsedRugs

UsedRugs

I should add I sprayed pretty hard with ambush and optic foliar transplant due to a mega thirp invasion.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey used , I read your story , but didn't see any pics , so I used my imagination and formed a picture in my head of what you were describing , I've seen many grows go the way you described for many reasons
Then I noticed the video attachment, doesn't really look too bad , your plants are heavily sativa influenced , I've seen a lot of sati as yellow a bit during flower , more so than indicas .....
Maybe a dose of veg nutes with higher nitrogen
I don't see the insane thin new growth , the leaves look like normal sativa
What strain is that
Don't panic yet.....

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Agreed. The yellow in the new growth looks like an N deficiency, which would make sense if you just (possibly over)-flushed.

UsedRugs

UsedRugs

Hey used , I read your story , but didn't see any pics , so I used my imagination and formed a picture in my head of what you were describing , I've seen many grows go the way you described for many reasons
Then I noticed the video attachment, doesn't really look too bad , your plants are heavily sativa influenced , I've seen a lot of sati as yellow a bit during flower , more so than indicas .....
Maybe a dose of veg nutes with higher nitrogen
I don't see the insane thin new growth , the leaves look like normal sativa
What strain is that
Don't panic yet.....
Thanks for the input Wolf. I may be panicking a bit have alot of time and investments on the line. It is Citrique a sativa dominant hybrid and have never grown it before. Very wilty for mid day while others are praying to the gods. Feel like a total newb with the pro mix I thought it was going to be easier than coco. Ive been doing feed feed water at half strength does that sound right?

Photo on 2020 07 01 at 218 PM
Photo on 2020 07 01 at 220 PM 2
Photo on 2020 07 01 at 220 PM 3
Photo on 2020 07 01 at 224 PM 2
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey used , yea now I can see your concerns
All the other plants , different strains are growing better under the same circumstances ?
Looks super humid outside , is it ?
Did you add anything to the pro mix , it doesn't look like pro mix , unless all the perlite floated up

Half strength always sounds right to me , but since you never grew this strain out before , you might want to experiment , if she's a heavy feeder , maybe give one of your girls a full dose and observe .....

And give some time to dry out , because she's a little stressed now

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Also , yellow pic is with the flash on and pic below looks better without flash ?
They look like you can get em back on track
I would let dry , seems like there is fine ventilation with those big fans , feed , maybe one with the higher nitrogen , and other with full dose flower ......
Can't think of a quick fix now but maybe some other members have ideas ..

UsedRugs

UsedRugs

The leaf shape is normal for a sativa , I wouldn't expect that to change
Def pro mix starting to dry so perlite is rising to top. Added nothing to pro mix accept microbes. Other plants are loving it in same room. Humidity is around 50-60 tons of air movement and exhaust. Since I flipped weather has been quite chilly at night (13c). I did spray in daylight like a week ago but im not sure thats the problem. I will try hitting a few hard with ppm once they dry in a day or two. Ive pulled one out of pot and roots were white but not super established cuz they only had about 10 days in the 20 gal pots before I flipped and only had to water twice in those ten days.
Thanks again for you insight and helping ease my worried mind.

Top Bottom