Help Properly Sizing A Dehumidifier

• Thread starter Big Brother
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Big Brother

As the title states, I'm looking for some help to properly size a low grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifier. I know there are many factors, so I will post as many as I can think of regarding what factors will effect the humidity in my room.

Room Size: 30L X 18W X 9H (Sealed)
R-Value: 30 (Spray Foam)
A/C: Industrial 10 Ton (don't have the dehumidification specs)
Room Temp: 65-75f
Pots: 40 twenty gallon smart pots with Coco
Water: Watering each plant with 4 gallons a day
Co2: 11,310 - 18,104 BTU LP Burner.

With forty 20 gallon pots being fed 4 gallons a day, that's 160 gallons a day. If half of that is transpired back into the ambient air (estimate), that's 80 gallons I am going to have to pull out of the air a day using dehumidifier(s).

I have ran Dri-Ease 7000 LGR's before, but am leaning towards the over head dehumidifiers by Quest. I know the dehumidification specs on my 10 ton A/C are a large part of the equation. I hope to have that information soon. In the meantime, any help would be much obliged.

BB

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

quest-cheat-sheet-jpg.457788

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

I'd buy 2 quest 205s me personally. Don't skimp on the last few bucks.

B

Big Brother

Fishshistle: I have seen that suggestion before, but I'm hesitant to believe its 100% accurate due to marketing. I plan on going with Quest for the dehumidification of my rooms, however Quest states that plants transpire 99% of the water they are given (marketing?). I have first hand seen it to be more in the 50-75% range. Could be higher or lower depending on a multitude of factors. What kind of percentages are you guys seeing as far as how many gallons your feed to what your getting back out of dehumidifiers?

I also question how Quest uses the number of lights to determine dehumidification, when lights don't put off humidity and you can have one plant under one light or 100 plants under one light.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Billy is right,i think monstergardens put that together not quest,could be marketing BS but IME its pretty damn close.I personally have use santa fes but i will be ordering a quest unit this week to try it out and move the santa fe to a drying room.

The Terps

The Terps

The charts is pretty close but I use the 155 dual in a 6k works great.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

If you really need serious dehumidification, have you considered a dessicant? They are 10 times more effective. A company called Phoenix makes several sizes. I know that the extra large grow's here in colorado use them. Also, does anyone actually measure how many grains per pound of moisture is in the air as RH does not really tell you how much water being suspended in the air.

R

redshift75

Hello forum, i have been finding it difficult to size a dehumidifier for my small room apartment. As per my calculation, my space is around 200 - 250 sq. feet and the humidity inside is really causing me sleepless night. I have been on the look out for an appliance, but it was so surprising a whole lots of unit staining at my face making decision a serious issue for me. This Top 5 Best One Room Dehumidifier 2020 Reviews blog featured some top products which i think i would prefer by can't know which is the most worthy one for my space as i barely know this device and it works. I will be happy for anyone to help me compare and make a recommendation asap because i need to remove the humid air in my room faster before molds starts growing.
this is an old thread id recommend starting your own thread on the subject for more direct help. Then id be glad to help with any hvac questions.

I would add what size the grow room will be. How much water you plan to use a day. Really for dehumidifying the goal Is to match one that can keep up with the amount of moisture you will potentially produce.

Whats the current RH, whats your current air exchange setup. These are the keys to answering your question. but since its specific to you. id say just start your own thread.

Top Bottom