Help regulating temperature, maybe tube heaters?

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

Just switched my plants to flower, but I’m having trouble battling the freezing temperatures where I live. I got a huge 2000W space heater, ran it for a few days and it barely helped. I stopped using it since it hurt the electric bill while getting maybe 1-2 degrees higher. For background, my setup is in my basement which is completely open. Temps are around 10-15°F at night and 30-40°F during the day. First, I was recommended large heating mats, but reviews showed that they were not safe to run for long periods of time. I was looking into tube heaters and was wondering if anyone has had experience with them. I feel like this could be a great solution, but maybe there’s an issue I’m missing. I was planning on putting it directly in the tent or maybe right next to the fan that blows new air into the tent. With the inline fan on, temps got all the way down to 63 degrees during lights on. I haven’t turned the inline fan on since, but I have to figure it out before the buds start developing and danking up the whole house. Any input would be appreciated.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm not sure what a "tube heater" is. Do you mean hot oil radiator? If not, could you post a link to an example.

Have you considered wrapping something around the tent? Something like a water heater blanket comes to mind. A picture of your setup might help.

I've used hot oil radiators and ceramic heaters in my tents. They both have advantages and disadvantages.

P

Purfict

Advice. Put your pots off the ground onto something .
What is best for tents are oil heaters .
Something like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...FDnLKOs2zOFpTvpNACfjjZEkoQ3e3lpAaAgf9EALw_wcB Next time in the winter just run autos leave the light on 24/7 if that keeps it warm . How big is your tent ?
I do have the tent elevated a few inches with some hardwood flooring I had laying around. I put the hardwood over a carpet so hopefully that helps. it’s a 4x4 tent.

P

Purfict

I'm not sure what a "tube heater" is. Do you mean hot oil radiator? If not, could you post a link to an example.

Have you considered wrapping something around the tent? Something like a water heater blanket comes to mind. A picture of your setup might help.

I've used hot oil radiators and ceramic heaters in my tents. They both have advantages and disadvantages.
I was looking into the brand ‘lighthouse’. It would be like an oil radiator, but it’s electric. I found out about them from someone else’s grows. I was interested in them because they’re efficient and could be able to put them in the tent.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I was looking into the brand ‘lighthouse’. It would be like an oil radiator, but it’s electric. I found out about them from someone else’s grows. I was interested in them because they’re efficient and could be able to put them in the tent.
That's what I thought you meant.

I use those. The one problem I've encountered is the radiated heat tends to dry out the side of pots that are facing the heater. I put my pots on turntables and rotate a quarter of a turn every day (while the plants are small enough to turn). So, I think these are better for larger tents where there's more space between the heater and the pots.

I'm using a ceramic heater in my smaller tent. They don't radiate like an oil heater and the air can be directed away from the pot. I put mine under the air intake. A fan above it blows in the same direction as the heater. That seems okay. This is the first time I've tried it.

P

Purfict

That's what I thought you meant.

I use those. The one problem I've encountered is the radiated heat tends to dry out the side of pots that are facing the heater. I put my pots on turntables and rotate a quarter of a turn every day (while the plants are small enough to turn). So, I think these are better for larger tents where there's more space between the heater and the pots.

I'm using a ceramic heater in my smaller tent. They don't radiate like an oil heater and the air can be directed away from the pot. I put mine under the air intake. A fan above it blows in the same direction as the heater. That seems okay. This is the first time I've tried it.
I might have to do both, hopefully me turning the light from 60% power to 100% will help, but I imagine that change would be counteracted with the 6inch Inline fan.

Top Bottom