HELP: Reservoir height and a low flood table

• Thread starter RichmondReap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RichmondReap

RichmondReap

I converted my grow table to a shorter leg kit because I'm growing in a tent and my first grow the light was too close.
Now the bottom of my flood tray is sitting a mere 8 inches from the ground and my Rubbermaid reservoir (37 gal.) is much much taller even taller then the flood tray itself!
And all my holes for the pump and temperature gauge are through the lid, custom style.

Will the pump have enough power to pump up and out then down and back up? I have a decent pump (550gph), is there anyway I can still use this set-up? Because even if the pump could flood the table appropriately, how will the water drain back into the reservoir?

I'm not sure if I can find any container to fit under the table now, I really only need 12-16 gal in my reservoir.
Or would you have a specific container/reservoir in mind?

I wanted to grab clones tomorrow, so hopefully I can find anything I need locally.
Grow2 setup shortlegs reservoir

Last edited:
RichmondReap

RichmondReap

Well, I found a 6.5" high under-the-bed storage. its plastic, hold like 12 gallons, crossing my fingers, here on Monday.

RichmondReap

RichmondReap

Worried about siphoning? Put in a 1 way check valve
No, worried that the return drain hose will not drain into the current reservoir because there is no pump and the path is uphill not downhill. But that is probably fixed with a low profile reservoir, this one supposedly measures 6.5 inches, rather then the current one which is 32 inches tall!

Indiva710

Indiva710

Why not get a condensate pump hooked to the bottom of the tray and have it pump into the res or to waste w e u need to put it and problem solved the res can stay on the outside of the tent like it should

Top Bottom