help selecting strain for outdoor

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

anyone have any good thoughts on what type of strain i can use in my outdoor adventures . I live in eastern canada . Im looking for something that finishes around first to middel of september . something qucik , but still has weight . thanks in advance :)

A

Alekiboy

Do you have any particular preferences of what you like to smoke?
You have to consider that you are at a higher latitude so you might have to keep that in mind..
I would suggest some indica-dominant strains since most sativas develop a little later into the long season

Y

YourMom420

my 2cents......dont bother with Giesel........seen nice results from cheese, blueberry, and ummm........oh yea, ffa all from this past year in New England

G

goshin

I put varieties + sativa outside
+ long ! ( if there is no risk ?!? )
:character0110:

Afghan*Haze is Great ! for exemple...
Fumas con Diablo...
Laughing Buddha...
often the sativa are better outside!!!

but same a AK47 produces quickly and well outside…
if you are in a hurry ? like beautiful a red Lebanese Landrace..
majority of the plants : in first : have the capacity to push OUTSIDE ! LOL after is that a question of personal taste in the génétics and of place of residence or you are ???
In the South of France any growth… In Ontario will be different… fast and resistant plants obliged !

by hoping that helps you a little ???
:damnhippie:

HSooN

:spacecraft:

S

Skunkenstein

Heck, if your in eastern Canada just order from Dr Greenthumbs website..Their spendy, but all are proven outdoor.

N

NBfrost

thanks guys i appericate it ... sometimes is frustrating up here , can have great summer then everything can go to shit in the fall .. last fall just passed , it turned really cold for a week rite at the end of bud . I have tryed mitey mite , purple mitey mite , some tropical plant , which didnt work well , and a bunch of different types when i was just learning .. well thats what i was told they were ..lol.. I never heard of dr. Greenthumbs ... i was also thinking of an auto flower , but in general how long does a person have before they auto flower ? will they get big enough to produce weight ? thanks again for all your help

T

TheNman

thanks guys i appericate it ... sometimes is frustrating up here , can have great summer then everything can go to shit in the fall .. last fall just passed , it turned really cold for a week rite at the end of bud . I have tryed mitey mite , purple mitey mite , some tropical plant , which didnt work well , and a bunch of different types when i was just learning .. well thats what i was told they were ..lol.. I never heard of dr. Greenthumbs ... i was also thinking of an auto flower , but in general how long does a person have before they auto flower ? will they get big enough to produce weight ? thanks again for all your help

Greetings NBfrost.

I'm a seasoned outdoor grower from southern ontario.
I know exactly what you mean by the shit weather near harvest.

I'd suggest some serious indicas.
Look up some canadian genetics and see what you like.
Manitoba Poison worked great for me!

As for auto budders, look into them!
Right now, i'm helping my buddy pick a strain or 2 for his outdoor crop this coming season.

One of the best strains, auto AK47 is sold out everywhere.
We're still looking, so i'll let you know if we find anything else that really peaks our interests.

N

NBfrost

thanks i would appericate it .. some times the weather can throw a curve ball ... Its looking like its going to be a late spring here , we just got 35cm of snow on sunday , and another 15 on monday , i think in totale we have recieved almost 200cm :( more than last year ... so I think we are going to have another major flood like lst year ... Which sucks for growing along the river :( .... a friend of mine grew an indica auto flower that buds really quick , last year he go 3 crops in .. he started them inside in march , and then kept cloning rite up until july , he would just put them outside to bud ... I dont have alot of space to clone this year , so im plannign on growing rite from seed .. have you tryed ak-47 ?

hubcap

hubcap

Heck, if your in eastern Canada just order from Dr Greenthumbs website..Their spendy, but all are proven outdoor.

yep

endless sky, i think, is his...

tried and true.

theres also alot of 'early sativa' strains that rock. more often than not, durban is used for sativa influence in shorter seasons cuz shes one of the few true sats thatll finish that far north/south.

N

NBfrost

all this info is awsome .. it can be trickey up here at harvest , like last year ... lol ... and its hard to cover 250 plants ...without being heated out ..... It getting frustrating , im leaning on giving up the outdoor all together .. well im just going to try and get the most out of a little .. Looking at the normal stuff , like afganie , and the seed i have when i mistakenly crossed my purple mitey mite with an unknow male ..lol... it worke out well , because the ones i grew last year were done by the 2nd week of september ... and they were heavey , smallest one produced a 1/4 lb ... but i had to top them like crazy to achieve this ... Im thinking of moving and starting over somewhere pot is more accepted ... maby pot cover , or anywhere bc ..lol .... has anyone tryed the KGB starin from vsc ? or there 1.3g?

B

bigbag

KGB is Afghani x Burmese and is kill,cant go wrong from visc.there genetics are amongst da best anywhere

N

NBfrost

i was reading a post in the cannibis culture , and i seen a article on there outdoor strains , i was just woundering what the guys/gals around here thought . was also looking at there 1.3 g too

S

scuba steve

I would go with a purple kush,or shiva skunk,defenitily a indica,since they finish quicker,like alekiboy said you are at a higher latitude so a quick finishing strain 7-8 weeks should be done before your first frost,my .02.Scuba

N

NBfrost

thanks all , going to place an order today , im cutting it close , but i think 2 months inside should be a good start ... before i throw them out .. Has anyone ever heard of the frost strain?

Top Bottom