Help! Shiny spot that look like white bumps up close?

• Thread starter TheCatman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCatman

This is my first time trying to grow. The subject is a candy cane Autoflower. These appear today they look shiny from a distance but magnifying them they look like little white spots. Any idea what they are? Any idea how I can treat it? Please be as detailed as possible I know very little. If there is a spray of some sorts please recommend a specific spray if there's home remedies please tell me. If it's nothing please tell me but I don't see it on my other plants. I only see it on this leaf.

Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 2
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 3
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 4
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 5
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 6
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 7
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 8
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 9
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 10
Help shiny spot that look like white bumps up close 11
T

TheCatman

Are you sure. I can't get a good picture of the closest magnification but they are solid white. They're not Clear like they appear they might be. It is also only on that one leaf. I'm the one middle finger of the bottom Leaf of the plant. The plants are 25 days old. They are candy cane Auto from crop Kings. Those white spots just appeared this morning. I know I did have issues with ventilation and high humidity. That particular plant accidentally got too close to a heater and on the other side the very bottom Leaf I had to cut half the middle finger off. The others are much stronger and about an inch and a half taller now. Do you really think it's trichomes growing on the weakest one? I will add another picture. The one in the middle just seems to be a runt but it's the back right that it has the spots on it.

20220403 162609
20220403 162604
mancorn

mancorn

Yes. The other white “patches” you might come across are powdered mildew (which looks stringy or crystallized), mite/thrip damage which are small circular indentations caused by piercing of the leaves (and you will see the insect) or their eggs (which you can easily move around with a toothpick or paper clip).

T

TheCatman

I actually did find a tiny winged insect that on top of my light yesterday. I know that when my friend I grew last time he had an insect issue in the end. I believe they said they were thrives. Caused it to plans to not develop their flower very well. Watching his plants grow I saw how trichomes formed and grew. If these weren't solid white I would think they were trichomes. They look shiny till you get a Jeweler's loupe on them and get the right magnification. Then they are solid and color. These plants are not yet big enough and as they just appeared they wouldn't be cloudy trichomes. Also the fact that that plant has just been weak the last couple days and that leaf was droopy. Any idea on what to do if it is powdery mildew or mold? With that plant showing signs of weakening and others thriving the one thing I do know is it's not trichomes. They're just tiny tiny white balls. It's the not the right climate for me right now otherwise I would throw it outside and get it away from the others. But I don't have that option I also can't afford to lose any potential medicine.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

This is my first time trying to grow. The subject is a candy cane Autoflower. These appear today they look shiny from a distance but magnifying them they look like little white spots. Any idea what they are? Any idea how I can treat it? Please be as detailed as possible I know very little. If there is a spray of some sorts please recommend a specific spray if there's home remedies please tell me. If it's nothing please tell me but I don't see it on my other plants. I only see it on this leaf.
Maybe just cystolic hairs, makes the plants taste bad for predators,gives protection upsets stomachs etc or as Mancorn mentioned just trichromes

Last edited:
D

Dugplug

Are you sure. I can't get a good picture of the closest magnification but they are solid white. They're not Clear like they appear they might be. It is also only on that one leaf. I'm the one middle finger of the bottom Leaf of the plant. The plants are 25 days old. They are candy cane Auto from crop Kings. Those white spots just appeared this morning. I know I did have issues with ventilation and high humidity. That particular plant accidentally got too close to a heater and on the other side the very bottom Leaf I had to cut half the middle finger off. The others are much stronger and about an inch and a half taller now. Do you really think it's trichomes growing on the weakest one? I will add another picture. The one in the middle just seems to be a runt but it's the back right that it has the spots on it.
Looks to me like it's the start of mold I would get that leaf out of there

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

There are many types of trichomes. These ones are on the leaves to help repel pests. It looks normal. Remove that leaf if you want to feel better, it won't effect anything.

hillbil

hillbil

They seem smaller than spider mite eggs but are they bigger today.

T

TheCatman

No I got a wet paper towel and wipe them off that day. I have seen still random spots on my plants but they all wipe off from dry touch. There was a couple that needed wet touch butt that was recognizing to me by somebody. I've also been worried about mold and mildew. My local store sells a fungicide that will stop it, prevent it, and you can even use it when the plant is flowering. It's like 30 bucks and I believe made either six or 16 gallons. I was going to pick that up but now I'm worried about the spider might thing. I will have to research what to do about those. Do you know of any home remedies? If it is spider mites?

Top Bottom