Help spec'ing dehumidifier / humidifiers for Indoors

• Thread starter boatbum850
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
boatbum850

boatbum850

Have an interior room approx. 175 ft2 . Room is also on the central HVAC system & has an exterior window . 3x3 tent , 6" scrubber / exhaust short run to attic . Attic has a 2400 cfm gable vent fan . Passive inlet on tent . Window I made a false front display with a A/C window kit in the bottom . Can't see anymore than 4 at a time , most probably 2 . Room is not sealed per se like for CO2 . Will I have sufficent fresh air is one concern ( 5" hose from window A/C kit ) , especially if I have to bring in a portable A/C & use kit for that exhaust .
Humidifier size unit for the whole room or just tent ? Dehumidifier IMHO size for whole room . Tropical climate high temps & RH especially . Dehumidifier will get the lion's share of duty . Humidifier probably only certain times of year for veg only .
Once I can control enviroment then possibly another larger tent for flower & keep smaller for veg / seedlings . With that in mind I did get a HLG 260XL Bspec kit for veg & a 550V2 Rspec for flower . 260 perfect for 3x3 , 550 overkill but run @ 60% or so should be good . Plus can move to larger tent down the road , add some more QB's to help with spread & I'm good .

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
45-75 pints per day, set at 55% RH
This ones 75 per day, over kill for veg, but always overkill when building a grow.
You’ll alway want to go bigger.
That way your one step ahead of your self:)
9B1FEEA3 48FD 4FED 918D 33BC145AE348

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For tents and small rooms like a 2 light space i like to humidify/ dehumidify the room its in at least. I have an open basement and opted to do the whole house. Took 2 70 pint dehumidifiers like shown above to handle my humid lakeside (almost) basement and 12 plants exhausting down there half the year. Goes out the chimney in summer. Heats my living room some blowing under the floor in winter.

get creative. I needed to air condition and humidify/ dehumidify so i just sized up to include the grow. Ultimately it costs less for a larger unit to run less than a smaller unit trying to keep up.

my humidifier is a 2700 square foot model. Wick evaporative type. Dont believe the space. Mine struggles to do half that if the heat is on a lot.

boatbum850

boatbum850

For tents and small rooms like a 2 light space i like to humidify/ dehumidify the room its in at least. I have an open basement and opted to do the whole house. Took 2 70 pint dehumidifiers like shown above to handle my humid lakeside (almost) basement and 12 plants exhausting down there half the year. Goes out the chimney in summer. Heats my living room some blowing under the floor in winter.

get creative. I needed to air condition and humidify/ dehumidify so i just sized up to include the grow. Ultimately it costs less for a larger unit to run less than a smaller unit trying to keep up.

my humidifier is a 2700 square foot model. Wick evaporative type. Dont believe the space. Mine struggles to do half that if the heat is on a lot.
Last few days you'd replied to a thread , mentioned Vent 101 on ICM & said something along the lines of it was better to condition the air beforehand . Got me thinking as RH around here is brutal & had my doubts . I've been monitoring room temp / RH for last couple months . I believe with some help it'll work . I'm going with a compressor type dehumidifier 50pt for that room only . If additional A/C needed a portable or a windowshaker is a quick easy fix . Room is an enclosed carport we made into an office yrs ago . I already pulled 2 additional 20A / 125VAC circuits & have another CB in panel I can tap for more if needed . Upsizing existing system is smart & more discreet than adding a split unit just for a room . Unfortunately local powers aren't as enlightened as yours , even with a Med card having a green thumb is verboten . Like most of my vintage I'm willing to suffer the outcome of my decisions .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Last few days you'd replied to a thread , mentioned Vent 101 on ICM & said something along the lines of it was better to condition the air beforehand . Got me thinking as RH around here is brutal & had my doubts . I've been monitoring room temp / RH for last couple months . I believe with some help it'll work . I'm going with a compressor type dehumidifier 50pt for that room only . If additional A/C needed a portable or a windowshaker is a quick easy fix . Room is an enclosed carport we made into an office yrs ago . I already pulled 2 additional 20A / 125VAC circuits & have another CB in panel I can tap for more if needed . Upsizing existing system is smart & more discreet than adding a split unit just for a room . Unfortunately local powers aren't as enlightened as yours , even with a Med card having a green thumb is verboten . Like most of my vintage I'm willing to suffer the outcome of my decisions .

In summer we use window a/c to cool and control humidity. I use one in the veg room and intake fans blow it into the flower room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom