help! spidermites 10weeks into flower

• Thread starter rute
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dalonewolf

Dalonewolf

One thing about the Hot Shot No-pest strip this is a poison and they recommend that you not be in contact with the fumes. they state a four hour period of time, be aware this is poison and the time spent everyday builds up and can be toxic.

PLEASE be careful and exhaust your grow area and put the hot shot in a zip-lock bag when working in the garden.

I would not recommend using it on plants beyond 2-3 weeks into flowering.

I know this is off the spidermite subject, but safety first.

O

organicdave

Im sure youve already hacked em down by now, but for the record;

You can get 1500 ladybugs for $9.99 from naturescontrol and they ship them right to you. Alot of nurseries have them too.

I get them every few weeks or so when flowering and use neem (along with ladybugs) for vegging. This seems to keep everything just fine for me.

and knowing that Im not consuming any toxic residues that may have been absorbed from chemical sprays makes me enjoy it all even more:)

muncho

muncho

Them little bastards are what brought me out of retirement killed some of my bubba kush and OG kush mothers gots to have them back..To get rid of mine i chopped everything gAVE UP..

B

BETA

Get a little amount of soap and water and put it in a spray bottle and spray down your plants lightly it will kill them OR if you want to be more safer find a bait shop that sells crushed up spidermites and you can put the crushed up spidermites in your water bottle mixed with water and spray down your plants because when they smell death of there own kind they will run away instead of going on your plants.

J

Jalisco Kid

Ok I gotta ask . What does one do with dead spidermites at a bait shop? JK

R

rocknsin

I have used hot shot pest strip that I got at Home Depot and foe me it has worked evertime I've gotten spider mites. This will also kill the eggs. I have a 5 x 5 tent and I hang one in the romm and never have ANY pest problems.

R

Rolln J

grizz is that all it takes cause the dude at my shop was telling like 4000 ppm;s and i was like f@#K that to much and i didnt feel safe releasing that much and i know what iam doing but if it can be done with 2000 i might try it

anything over 3000 ppm will kill your plants, not the best way to get rid of the mites

H

Highlander

Soyanara:
One of the best products on the market that not only completely organic but very effective on killing mites,mold and mildew all in one. No soapy substance therfore residue is not left on the plants. No unknown or hidden chemicals. Derived natually from the Soybean kernal. As a supplement it promotes growth and yield. This is a concentrate and requires dilution at a greater rate than most pesticides giving you more control for your dollar. Can be used on the most delicate of plants. The only product on the market which insects, mold and mildew can not build a resistance to.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
^ Never heard of it cool deal Highlander

Ladybugs do work but not by themselves. I would just go for the 1, 2 punch with them if you want to go the biological route. P Presimilis, along with 5 other species, are spidermite predators but you need high humidity for them (50-60%) for them to really be effective. I use them in combination with Green Lacewings (in the egg stage as the larvae are the only things that eat mites) and ladybugs. If using beneficials make sure to stop spraying a week prior and you need nectar and pollen producing plants (jasmine, yarrow, honeysuckle stuff like that) also in the room so the good bugs can continue their life cycles and lay more eggs and keep eating the bad. Other things like Pirate bugs (sealed room only), longpipes, and praying mantis (can only use by themselves as they will eat the beneficials also) are also some others that work.

The soap and cooking oil sprays will work along with the diluted bleach but test spray the plant first. In the past I have done the Neem, bombs, Cedar oil, yada yada yada and yes they will control them but they will always pop back up and then they start to become immune to it. Dipping cuts is the way to go and bleaching everything in the room is a must. They don't call them the borg for nothing. Also there is no quick fix. You will be battling for a good couple of months so keep applying even after they seem "gone". I learned to trust nature on this one and save my money on expensive chemicals organic or not. Good luck.

PS CO2 you have to go over 5000 ppm to kill and unless you room is COMPLETELY SEALED I mean air tight I wouldnt go that route as stated it will kill all living things including you and your pets. It wont kill your plants tough as stated.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

i havent tried on mites yet ,, Word around town is 1 part milk 3 parts water
used to kill pest on late flowering plants
try on a leaf it wont hurt her...
ive used for powder mildew before with great success no harm to plant at all

R

Rolln J

You will be battling for a good couple of months so keep applying even after they seem "gone". I learned to trust nature on this one and save my money on expensive chemicals organic or not. Good luck.

one way you can be sure to rid your room of the borg (like that one) is after you harvest run your lights/exhaust for 2 weeks. the eggs will hatch up and mites all die with nothing to feed on - then take everything out of your room and clean the room and all your gear with a mild bleach solution.

PS CO2 you have to go over 5000 ppm to kill and unless you room is COMPLETELY SEALED I mean air tight I wouldnt go that route as stated it will kill all living things including you and your pets. It wont kill your plants tough as stated.

I know I have read in several laces that ppms over 3000 will kill your garden... but for obvious reasons I never tried doing it - lol

good luck!

another thing you can do that I dont think was mentioned is just clean them off the plants by hand to keep em under control til your harvest. fill a bucket with warm soapy water, find affected leaves and wet your hand then smash them buggers and the eggs. its hard work (well its boring work) but will save you from smoking NEEM which tastes like stankass!

B

brookstown

10,000ppm of co2? Please don't attempt to do this, not that you would be able to do it anyway. 10,000ppm!

S

Sirius

cut the plant and trimm them and then hang them, all the mite will crawl to the top of the cut stem and make a tiny little ball of 100's of little mites, then i blast the tip of the cut stem with a spray bottle of water and it kills them, carefully not to hit any bud. you will have to do it a couple times a day until no more appear on the top of the stem. all the mite will go to the top and they wont web on you. then get some like 3 hotshots and leave them high in your room with your next batch of clones with a couple fans on for a couple of days to kill any other mites. i had mites for nearly a year and i was able to finally rid them by taking a month off and hotshots out the ass

hanging upside down right after chop will divert the mites away from your buds... it works great... dont have to worry about that since i started using floramite ;)

Top Bottom