HELP,stretching with no side branching ,PEAKSEEDS-Northenberry

• Thread starter grinkeeper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grinkeeper

help, stretching with no side branching ,northenberry
HELP,stretching with no side branching ,PEAKSEEDS-Northenberry

I have 10 peakseeds northernberry started from seeds I bought from peakseeds. I have 100% germ rate and all survived well to the veg stage. Now the plants are just stretching and not growing out sideways at all .The are still in veg under a 400mh in 8" pots but there is to much node spacing, 4" and no good spots to take clones from. rather I have 2ft plants with huge fan leaves and a nice top on each but I need to get the plants to fill out rather than get taller..I noticed the stems are very thick with ribs like celery and also hollow , this fact makes it difficult to bend versus other strains I have grown that
dont have the hollow ribbed stems. when I try and bend them they just fold over and snap, I hate when this happens. I am a firm believer in bending to get the plants to fill out but these are not cooperating at all.I have over come this problem before in other strains by cutting the top off completely but I really hate to cut the tops and prefer to spRead the hormones via bending over like and ostrich in the sand...I had to take some garden wire and start at the base of the plant main{only} stem and start wrapping in a spiral around the stem up to the very top of the plant, so to support the stem when I arch it over to get the tip lower then the majority of the plant so the hormones can start new growth lower on the plant. I haven't seen much happening though.I will include a few pics once I take them tonight. I really need help to get these plants into a state where I can pic a mother and sex and flower the rest. Some of them are showing some pre-sex trait but honestly my biggest problem is to much vertical growth and no side branching.
has any one had this problem with this strain or others and over came it...?

I need to take some clones so I can sex them and honestly there is not any where other than the top to take any from and I dont like to cut the tops ever, prefering to bend and creat multiple tops....

please help

pics to come tonight......

envoirment info..
light : 400mh 18" from tops, no burning issue with light or nutrients
stage:veg
feed: veg formula , advanced nutrients sensi a+b 1500ppm ph 6.4
Supplements : piranha,voodoo juice, humic acid, seaweed extract , B52 B1 , postaium silicate ... all at regular levels from the advanced nutrients calculator..ph down was phosphoric acid and all were measured using oakton meters for ph and TDS...
soil: promix with added perlite,cococoir, shrimp compost, black earth. all additions are at low levels of about 10/1
temps:72 day 65 night light cycle 18hr
air: fresh air intake daily no CO2
HUMIDITY"55%
pot size: 3rd week of veg in 8" width 8" hieght pots , round, but will be transplanted to 3gl or 5 gln soon....just trying to wait till sex shows before I do the transplant to save effort in cultivating to many males..
circulation: 12" rotating fan..

general appearance..

leaves:nice color of dark green , 5 fingers, long fat fingers, no curling, mostly are fan leaves as there is very little branching or donor sites for clones, [this is the problem]

stem: nice lighter green color, ribbed like celery stock, thick and hard to bend other than the top 5", hollow and collapses easily if bending is started past 35 deg angle, it will crack/snap like romane lettuce when pushed to far

height: 2ft plus , they have big fan leaves but are really bean stocks with large node spacing and only little finger nail size baby leaves at each node other than the actual top...

final thought: these should be very good plants as they have all the characteristics of great genetics like nice thick stems and huge fan leaves and nice deep green color .They
are just not branching out rather turning out more like a single stem cola variety which I would prefer not to have...they have great vigor and are very uniform in the traits they possess but I dont think they are turning out like they should be... please check out the pics that I post to this post...

the pics were taken and hour after I did a neem oil and safers endall inoculation so there is leaf curling that looks rather bad in the pic but with in 2 days they bounced back and are back to normal.. please take a look at the fact there is very little growth from the nodes and NO side branching at all.. You will notice the use of garden wire around the stems, this was a measure taken to give the stem strength during bending and or to repair a stem which has broken from a previous bending attempt..
so please give me some feed back on how to get these plants to sprout some branches . Just one more thing , I also have used ADVANCED NUTRIENTS PRODUCT CALLED V.H.O.... its a growth stimulator used to promote branching in veg stage for mothers and crop plant . I have used it with good success many times before but it is not working with this strain.....I only did 2-3 applications at 500ppm so I didnt over do it for sure... but have gotten good results with this strength and even higher but its a good ppm to start with on new plants...

I have included 3 pics of the peakseeds northernberry for example
as well as 1 pic of an average plant I have veg and has just been put into flower 2 days, I used various bending methods to achieve the multi stem and tops on this plant and it not a particularly good example of what I like to grow as I just grabbed the closest plant to me when taking a pic to show how I usually grow a plant in veg...

is it possible I cant get this strain [peakseeds northernberry}to do anything but a single cola style, It doesn't seem to be that way with other examples I seen on line with this strain?

is it possible that it will not do branching until later in veg life?

is it likely the pot size has caused this and if I transplant it will exploid with branching growth?

what should I do to get these plants in hyper drive like most of the plants I grow..???

Helpstretching with no side branching peakseeds northenberry
Helpstretching with no side branching peakseeds northenberry 2
Helpstretching with no side branching peakseeds northenberry 3
Helpstretching with no side branching peakseeds northenberry 4
Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

There's someting new on the markt; a soy enzime spay, forget the name but it stunts growth an it works in my experience. Good luck

P

ProGroWannabe

There is a product called Bushmaster available, it's suppose to stop a plants vertical growth to help induce lateral branching. Ya might give it a shot. Check the online grow shops.

Is this the one you were talking about DH? Or is there another product available for this too?

B

British_Hempire

Repot them and pinch off the growth tip, wider pots = wider plants as the roots can go sideways. Be aware that males usually branch much less than females and many males simply refuse to put out branches of any size, so could be you have a few males there, how many of the plants are refusing to branch?

C

cell

You can get a plant to do anything if you time it right. Try tying her down, let her inner branches start growing upward. You can get a small canopy of colas if you want.

S

Skunkenstein

my buddy and I are having the same dillema with Grape Krush...I had a pack of seeds I was hoarding.He begged me for just a couple..so he could make seeds himself.He started the seeds and put them under MH right away,w/o topping. gUESS what folks..These 60/40sat/indica bastards shot to the moon.The male is now in isolation at 5ft tall spitting out pollen like mad..and the female is a damn bean-pole with Nary a pistil in site.So we took cuttings of both,so we can start the right way.Which is 125watt compact flouros,with topping after the 4th set of true leaves.We are using the male pollen to cross with other specimens.But the new seed creation thing will be put on hold..until the timing is just right.When it comes to seedling plants,Height always becomes an issue!!Plus genetics,genetcs,genetics.I'am a firm believer in Topping Young,and powerful compact flouros in early veg..it's truely the best light spectrum to induce compact growth and great root-mass..especially when you're waiting to ''sex-out''

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

HEy guys, some plants just need some time in veg to really start shooting out the side, I've had many like it actually, the one that comes to mind first is Next generations Romulan, which I loved by the way, but for about 6 weeks there was hardly a sign of a side branch, given a good veg, she was bushy as could be, just give her some time.

mace

mace

You could also try fimming them to induce more branching. Go to all growth tips and take the top cola. This forces the growth energy to be redirected to the next two closest growth sights.

Basically, trimming and shaping can help get you what you want but consider what others have said first. Could be male...

Latest posts

Top Bottom