help!!! the leaves on the top of my plant are turning up

• Thread starter noktommaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noktommaster

ok so i woke up this morning and went to check on my plants and the leaves on my plant are turning up and curling in on themselves. i think i have nute lock so i am going to flush the one that is turning up. i'm putting up a pic. please let me know if i am doing the right thing. help me please.

Help the leaves on the top of my plant are turning up
N

noktommaster

also near the veins of the leaves is a darker green but in between the veins it is a lighter green

H

heater

How close to light is plant and what temps are you getting.

Some of the senior farmers should be able to identify correctly, i'm new to the sport and guessing.:smiley_joint:

N

noktommaster

How close to light is plant and what temps are you getting.

Some of the senior farmers should be able to identify correctly, i'm new to the sport and guessing.:smiley_joint:

i'm running compact floros and they are about 6 inches away from the plant tops, my temp is only 76.

H

heater

I think you are doing the right thing by flushing untill someone can jump in and identify the problem.

L

likeakite

That sure looks like heat damage to me. Lockouts or deficiencys dont show up overnite. I know you said temps are good, but that looks like heat damage that started from a few days ago. Is it only on the upper leaves?

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

yeah, i agree with likeakite, looks like heat stress to me.

can you take some pics of the set-up, especially the ventilation?

N

noktommaster

well i don't use ventilation, just having the door to the closet is open whenever the lights are on and a circulation fan. the lights are the same distance from the plant as they have always been and now it is affecting the leaves all the way down.

H

heater

Any news today?
So you say it is progressing down to the lower leaves now?
May be put pic.#1 and add a overall shot in your next post it may clue someone in that can help.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

well i don't use ventilation, just having the door to the closet is open whenever the lights are on and a circulation fan. the lights are the same distance from the plant as they have always been and now it is affecting the leaves all the way down.

you need ventilation man, and not just to control temps, it's
also important to exchange the air inside your closet with fresh
air from outside, otherwise, the plants use up all the CO2 and
then they kinda gasp for air, ...while they slowly die.

i don't mean to break your stones bro but, have you done any
reading on how to do this? ...or do you just ask questions when
things don't go right?

L

lifecycle

its tough to get heat stress from flours..i will agree some of the damage at the top is heat stress you can tell from the tacoing..if you look at the bottom half of this bitch you should see the claw like leafs? seems like over Nitrification u still feeding her grow?

M

med.botany

i gotta go with justanotherbozo.VENTILATION IS MAJOR..i was growing in a closet with no in/out ventilation when the door was closed and it brought a whirlwind of problems for me...i had to throw her outside for the rest of the summer and what for my new grow room.

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

looks like temps to me,,maybe???did you have severe heat spikes,,,they kind of look like when you put em in the oven!!! i've never seen nutes do this!!! i am no expert though!!! good luck with getting them back on track!!! peace djxx

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

well, I can't see your leaves real good, but are you PHing your water? because i do think it looks like a nutrient lockout from what i can see and most likely caused by inproper ph. The plant can't uptake what it needs

N

noktommaster

i gotta go with justanotherbozo.VENTILATION IS MAJOR..i was growing in a closet with no in/out ventilation when the door was closed and it brought a whirlwind of problems for me...i had to throw her outside for the rest of the summer and what for my new grow room.

none of you are listening to me, yes i don't have ventilation ducting but the door to the room is NEVER CLOSED. atleast not till their night cycle and they don't need fresh air while they sleep.

it isn't heat damage cuz it only affected one out of my two plants and they are both the same distance from the light.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

sorry bro, i didn't mean to offend you. ...actually, i was trying to help you.

good luck with your grow.

S

SkyHi

i had the same problem with my sour d's even tho strains right next to them were uneffected. All water with the same water, same distance to light, same temps, and still they looked like that. i just left mine alone since its almost harvest anyway. So i too am curious to a definite answer on this. Its def no0t ventilation because i have a cooled hood , ac , and the tent gets plenty of vent

L

lifecycle

your the one who's not listening NOKOTMASTER...i am trying to help you...you dont even answer my question... what are you feeding them and how much?

U

uefear

Post a picture of the whole plant for future reference as well as a close up.

Top Bottom