Help us this plant ready?

• Thread starter Logat818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Logat818

The other strain of this same strain is slightly more behind and I’ll prob give a week but is this one mature enough to cut?

About 75 percent brown hairs that have mostly receeded not completely tho

Mostly if not all milky trichs on this one I think

Help us this plant ready
NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

I thought u had to look thru a jewelers loupe or something to see when shes done

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks like it can go longer to me. Still growing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here’s another pic and vid fuck I’m so torn if you think longer how much longer

Its not truly done until the white pistils die back and the calyx swell. Then you check trichomes on the calyx for cloudy.

I cant say for sure too many variables but i guess a couple weeks.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You are getting close, but not quite, in my opinion. I like to allow them to finish as much as possible... basically until the plant quits growing or begins to foxtail. The idea behind the Trichome ripeness is to maximize the THCa, with over ripe THCa turning to CBD the longer it goes past the optimum time. This is true, but the difference is tiny and not likely to be felt and mostly appearing using chemical analysis. The difference between two plants/strain grown from seed is MUCH greater than the difference in THC/CBD levels from over ripeness. I also think most of the flavor and oils seem to increase more the longer a plant flowers.
It is my opinion that it is much better to let them go until they are done without a doubt than to harvest early. Heft and flavor seem to develop mostly at the end of flowering... or at least this is my observations.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You are getting close, but not quite, in my opinion. I like to allow them to finish as much as possible... basically until the plant quits growing or begins to foxtail. The idea behind the Trichome ripeness is to maximize the THCa, with over ripe THCa turning to CBD the longer it goes past the optimum time. This is true, but the difference is tiny and not likely to be felt and mostly appearing using chemical analysis. The difference between two plants/strain grown from seed is MUCH greater than the difference in THC/CBD levels from over ripeness. I also think most of the flavor and oils seem to increase more the longer a plant flowers.
It is my opinion that it is much better to let them go until they are done without a doubt than to harvest early. Heft and flavor seem to develop mostly at the end of flowering... or at least this is my observations.

Agree but i think you meant CBN not CBD. CBN is non psychoactive and the product of degraded thc.

And i like to add not only the flavor and smell gets more complex with a fully mature plant but higher potency and fuller effects come with that last growth burst in my opinion.

Top Bottom