Help using a 30x magnifier

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Ok, this should be a no-brainer but I've just spent 30 mins screwing up and serious stressing over it!

It's SO hard to get or keep it in focus, and then you have to move in the opposite direction. Got any tips for checking out trichromes? Am using two hands, one to hold it, the other to turn the focus - but the plant moves and it becomes a game of hunt the fukk3n trichromes.

Is it easier to cut buds off and check them? How do you guys do it? It's driving me spare...!

T

tuffgong69

hi f/f,have you tried turning your fan off temporarily to stop plant movement? tg :wondering

G

Guano

Snip off a tiny bit they say,don't use mine any more.I got a jewelers loupe that works much better.

U

ukcheesehead

i cut a little bit of bud off . makes life easyer lol

F

FastForward

tuffgong - yep - it's out of the tent when I do it

guano and cheesy - cool - I've been wanting to chop off a taster but fighting the urge... is one bud site representative of the whole plant though? Or where's the least ripe place to look/sample?

U

ukcheesehead

tuffgong - yep - it's out of the tent when I do it

guano and cheesy - cool - I've been wanting to chop off a taster but fighting the urge... is one bud site representative of the whole plant though? Or where's the least ripe place to look/sample?

least ripe would b the place were is the least light (lower buds) i took a bud of mine 4 days ago going to try some later ill post a pic in a sec

F

FastForward

even better 1 of these and make a utube video

only ÂŁ39 i went to get 1 but they were out of stock

I saw they have some v. v. sexy USB microscopes on eBay for around 60 quid (UK, not China import) that have a semi-decent res of 800x600 and can take live photo captures...but 60 quid is waaaaay too much money for me.

P

Persy

It's SO hard to get or keep it in focus, and then you have to move in the opposite direction. Got any tips for checking out trichromes? Am using two hands, one to hold it, the other to turn the focus - but the plant moves and it becomes a game of hunt the fukk3n trichromes.
I had one of them so called microscopes
What a load of shit
Its in the bin now

F

FastForward

I had one of them so called microscopes
What a load of shit
Its in the bin now

Yerp...I find they suck (or I do, in any case it's not good!). Best way is as the others have said - cut a bit off.

It's actually easier to look at the trichs high up the leaves near the stalk because it's a flat surface/plane of focus...although I've no idea if this is a good place to judge ripeness by...

P

ProGroWannabe

I'm not an authority on ripeness by any means, but I've always judged the ripeness of my plants on the calyxes themselves. If I were to only judge by the leaf stem trichs, I'd let them get a bit more amber than I wanted the the rest of my trichs.

Just my two cents though.

F

FastForward

I'm not an authority on ripeness by any means, but I've always judged the ripeness of my plants on the calyxes themselves. If I were to only judge by the leaf stem trichs, I'd let them get a bit more amber than I wanted the the rest of my trichs.

Just my two cents though.

Shiiiiiit...i may have chopped the lowryder a bit early...still got one in though...the one I chopped had at least 50% milky trichs all over. Will leave the 2nd one to get some ambers. I'm about to run out of smoke so I needed to chop something down and that was the closest I have. Waiting 2 weeks for it to dry is going to suck bigtime.

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah FF...it DOES suck having to wait, but you'll sure be happier waiting than you will be if you quick-dry it. And as far as chopping early, it just means a little more of a heady-high from your bud instead of a more body-high......for most strains anyway. Of course this only applies if you are a week or so early. Much more than that and start to lose potency bigtime. I'm sure you were just a hair early and the potency will be just fine.

To each they're own, as they say. Some like it a little earlier, some like to harvest a bit later. Either way, it's all good...........pun fully intended.

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
the 60x-100X should fix that problem :evilgrin gheghe... Nah i've got the 60-100 and i never use it for the same reasons, i was even thinking about buying a 30 one...

I try to take some close ups with my cam, and look at the trichomes behind my computerscreen! Zoom-Zoom!!

cheers

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Eyeclops!!!!!

Check out a product called EYECLOPS!!! IT ROCKS!!!:dance You plug it into your TV and has about a 10' cord +adjustable focus. Be careful , I freaked out a little when I ckecked out my skin on my hands, plastered on a bigscreen TV. Kids enjoy it also.I am going to try to post a youtube video I googled.:movie:dance:yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTNN4IJN7R4

Latest posts

Top Bottom