HELP using mildew bud for hash?

• Thread starter organikn8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

organikn8

Last night I discovered bud rot on one of my white widows but only a small portion in the middle of the biggest buds has got some rot . Can i use this to make water sift hash ? or oil? I just dont want to throw out a whole ounce of my medicine if it can be of some help. thanks

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

i'd make oil personally, a quick rinse with 99.9% iso,

O

organikn8

obviously i wouldnt cook or dry sift with it

would the oils seperate in water?

would using alcohol or butane seperate the resin ? and/or detroy the mold?

I know someones got the answers out there :)

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

i've made many a batches of oil, with mildewy/moldy bud. I believe the solvent kills it, but am no expert on spores and such. I know I dont ever taste anything but dank oil when i make quick rinse, moldy or not,.

O

organikn8

i used it for iso instead of bubble turned out amazingly potent

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

nice, some of the best tasting oil believe it or not has come from moldy buds gifted to me!

O

oldschooltofu

i just made some ISO with it (powder mildew larf) and its making me cough uncontrollably, almost threw up. not good. i think the spores are rinsed into the acohol. i even filtered with coffee filters.

Ed and my friend said use bubble bags. spores are less than 45mic so the end up in the waste water.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey

Ed and your friend are full of shit, bubble hash is the worst thing you could make. If you are sensative the taste/coughing may not be avoidable but in my experience BHO does the best job of killing off the mold/mildew. If you are going to do the bubble bags let the bad bud sit in the ice water for at least an hour, this seems to kill off or freeze the nastiness so it doesn't kick you in the face when you smoke it. I've made bubble hash rather quickly and it seemed like I just concentrated the powdery mildew. I'm sure your amigo's are trying to help, and so am I. Take care, avoiding the mold in the 1st place is the way to go. Look around and find the culprit. I've had my fans hooked into the timer with my lights and grew a helluva batch of pm, keep fans on 24 hrs. Hope this helps, no offense to ED and your friend

mal

smokum

smokum

Perhaps take a look into your purging technique and make sure your just not coughing due to an captured ISO (I always like to do repetitive vac purges following BHO or QWISO to ensure I've completely taken out any solvents).

I believe for absolute mold spore removal (dead or active) you'd need to pass your oil through a .2 micron syringe filter to get it all. <--- was was mentioned by a member on ICMag named Greywolf.

EDIT: Ooops, I also see that Greywolf is a member here as well :)

O

oldschooltofu

"Any kind of water hash process will remove mildew and fungus spores from glands. This concentrate can be used for smoking, vaporizing and cooking edibles. "

from
http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/c...-and-Answers-Powdery-Mildew-Infested-Medicine

all i know about oil and mildew is that when i dried the alcohol off, the resin left was more white than tan. and i did heat it up in a water bath 3x and turned it to wax.
it got me super high, but my throat hurt and i almost puked after coughing for 5 min.

its outdoor

so...does the alcohol kill the mold or concentrate it?

Top Bottom