Help!!!? What size grow tent for this closet?

• Thread starter Justdoobies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Justdoobies

Hi, interested in my first grow. I have decided to use my office closet for this grow (pictured below). NOW that, I have decided on location.... Which size grow tent would fit best inside? I don't want to remove shelves or bars. I want to simply build tent and insert into closet.

1.What size grow tent would you recommend?
2. How many plants for selected grow box size?

Thx in advance....

IMG 20190711 022834282
BloodShot

BloodShot

Hi, interested in my first grow. I have decided to use my office closet for this grow (pictured below). NOW that, I have decided on location.... Which size grow tent would fit best inside? I don't want to remove shelves or bars. I want to simply build tent and insert into closet.

1.What size grow tent would you recommend?
2. How many plants for selected grow box size?

Thx in advance....
I'd have to say that a grow tent that fits in that area would be the best in this situation.
Grab a measuring tape you're in for a wonderful journey!
Welcome!

BigCube

BigCube

There are a few factors to consider when choosing a tent, first would be where you're going to put it, this dictates how big it can be. Not knowing the size of your closet makes that rather hard to do.

If you want to build the tent outside of the closet you are limited to the door size of the closet door. Usually 24 inches. So a 2x2 tent.

If you're willing to build it inside the closet, you are only limited by the size of your closet. I would leave at least a foot on 2 sides for running wires ducting and the like.

A good standard size seems to be 3x3 or 2x4.

Height may also be an issue for you. Since most smaller tents are also short, you're going to want the tallest tent you can find In the size you choose. You might have to remove the shelf in the closet.

The amount if plants you put I is subjective. I would personally give each plant a bare minimum of 1.5 ft or 18 inches squared. Meaning 4 in a 3x3. But it's all up to you, how long you want to veg, how big you want the plants to be and such..

You could cram 50 solo cups in there and veg for only a couple weeks then flower them out. Or you can have 1 3-5 gallon pot training a single plant to fill out a screen with a couple months of veg, then flower it.

There is no real "best" way. That's why there are so many choices. I suggest doing it In a way that is not overwhelming for you.

Back before legalization, I had a buddy who grew to sell, he would fill a room with solo cups, literally hundreds of them. And flower them out from clone. So no veg at all, he would just buy a couple hundred healthy clones already rooted for like $2 each and flower them in the solo cups. He'd get about a half ounce per plant on average.

It is better to build your setup around your growing style than it is to figure out how to grow around your setup.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Top Bottom