Help, what's bugging my ladies?

• Thread starter thatguy2001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thatguy2001

thatguy2001

I was checking on my flowers earlier today and found one of these hanging from a leaf. I had not had any bigger bug problems in their flower room, but recently had to move four them to a tent in the garage to make room for a new batch. I found it just before lights out, so I can't further inspect until tomorrow morning.
20210616_105017~2.jpg

Shortly after finding the pupa hanging quite obviously from one of my fan leaves, I was looking at my outdoor tomatoes and lifted a leaf, only to find this one hanging from it.

Here are close ups taken with my microscope.
20210616_18_42_13.png

20210616_18_42_10.png

Anyone have any idea what they are? Any educated suggestions are appreciated.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Cut it off and put it in a jar, if no one can identify it.

If you live in a legal state, you might consider asking pest experts at your state's cooperative extension office. You pay for the service, you might as well use it.

Any damage that you can see?

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

Cut it off and put it in a jar, if no one can identify it.

If you live in a legal state, you might consider asking pest experts at your state's cooperative extension office. You pay for the service, you might as well use it.

Any damage that you can see?
No damage visible. I do live in a legal state, but even if I didn't, I found one on the outdoor tomato too 😉
It is in a sealed glad container. Just in case.
Now it's time to do my full plant inspections, wish me luck.

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

I could not find any others, or signs of anything that big having taken a bite out of anything. I'm going to go on the assumption that when transporting them from one building to another, some local critter hopped on and promptly made its cocoon.
20210617 094708

MAC and Triple Chocolate, because pics make every post better.

Top Bottom