Help, white hairs Turing red no buds

• Thread starter Burntup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Burntup

Burntup

I’m in week 6 flower ,I even did 2 days darkness before flip to 12/12. Iv had white hairs like crazy now forever but nothing is fatting up ,now this past few weeks the hairs are turning dark already I’m growing blue haze,birthday cake,gold leaf and there all doing the same thing. Any help,leads, links, would probably save my life on this grow

My grow info
R.O water ppm is about 10
Current culture rdwc
Canna aqua and general hydroponics nutes
Running around 900 ppm
5.8 ph
Grow light is, truth lighting m16 light about 18inch up
Air runs 24/7
The rdwc water pump I run 15min on 30 min off
Water temp ranges from 71-77 area depends on house temps most the time 73
Room temp range 73-78 and at 78 I’m stressing trying to lower
Humidity Does run about still trying to get a Handel on it, 54-72, not proud of that (Might be part of issue)
I did start them it in general hydroponics nutes then in flower I put them on canna aqua thinking it’s a better line I’m not sure if changing nutes has any effect on anything
I have a Rez that fills the system off of a float valve and mostly I keep it full of the same strength nutes, I have run it full of r.o water a few times here and there
I do have fungal Nats and had a lot of larva still battling that.
Help white hairs turing red no buds
Help white hairs turing red no buds 2
Help white hairs turing red no buds 3
Help white hairs turing red no buds 4
Help white hairs turing red no buds 5
Help white hairs turing red no buds 6
Help white hairs turing red no buds 7
Help white hairs turing red no buds 8
Help white hairs turing red no buds 9

Reactions: Ina
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

only thing i see wrong is your ppm ,6 weeks in you should be higher than that,plant doing what it supose too from what i see,i hope you see buds,i do,there laoded and dont know what you mean hair turning color but no buds think what you said. any way last 2 weeks when the girls fatten up in my experience,that a good haul dont put bad karma on it hahahahh

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plants look pretty good to me, although I would increase the calcium and Magnesium if you are using RO water. Your buds are getting bigger but don't usually get fat until the end of flowering. I grow mostly Sativa strains, and they fatten up a lot during the last 2 weeks of flowering. Patience is difficult, but I normally allow my flowering to go for at least 10 weeks, sometimes up to 14 for Sativas.

Burntup

Burntup

Glad to here some good news! It’s my first grow so Iv never seen up close flowering looks like, I read so much shit online about the hairs turning freaked me out, ima roll one and relax a little now thanks guys. What ppm should I run in ro.? And ya Iv been adding calmag but l ft town and did when came back. I am guessing that since these are basically their permanent leaves for flowering that the damage will remain the entire time

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
only thing i see wrong is your ppm ,6 weeks in you should be higher than that,plant doing what it supose too from what i see,i hope you see buds,i do,there laoded and dont know what you mean hair turning color but no buds think what you said. any way last 2 weeks when the girls fatten up in my experience,that a good haul dont put bad karma on it hahahahh

Really? Hes already got burnt tips though, are you using the .5 scale on your meter? I'll admit I dont grow hydro but for any other system I've run, over 900ppm on the .5 scale results in nute burn.

Main problems I see is using RO without adding back calcium and hes is periodically running a res with pure RO and zero nutes, that's a serious no-no in hydro. I'm seeing quite a few 3 bladed and single bladed leaves in the buds to, which tells me shes stressed out from something.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Really? Hes already got burnt tips though, are you using the .5 scale on your meter? I'll admit I dont grow hydro but for any other system I've run, over 900ppm on the .5 scale results in nute burn.

Main problems I see is using RO without adding back calcium and hes is periodically running a res with pure RO and zero nutes, that's a serious no-no in hydro. I'm seeing quite a few 3 bladed and single bladed leaves in the buds to, which tells me shes stressed out from something.
for your eyes only i guess,this is third time youve said same thing,so dont know what country or scale you use,this is for cannibis,ive used it for several years,so it is what it is,your more than welcome to use which ever book you choice ,what ever scale you use.
you are correct the tips are burnt,this happens from trying to boast feed on any plant when it is too much,yep happens all the time,i include i do it on purpose,when i get the tip
Hannah feed schedule 001
burn i cut it off and week later try same feed that burnt the tip,broke dicks do this because they dont have fancy gadgets,after that week is up and you feed just a bit higher and it burns tip again ,well hell what to do i guess i just stay there another week,oh i cut the tip off,then repeat,repeat ,repeat,so slash the shit out what you want,but this scale was taught to me at age 14 by a beautiful hippie chick that let me live in her garage because she didnt want me staying under house during the winter,this scale has proved itself many times over,the 3 and 1 leaf sets you see isnt from stress it is from someone trying to sex plants and then put back into veg after sexing is done,so home boy voice your opinion we all do,i only answered you back from the 3rd smart ass remark you thrown at me,so here you go science guy get in your books and tear it apart,i have my opinions too but reframe from trying to constantly piss folk off from not having nothing to do,like i say for your eyes only

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

for your eyes only i guess,this is third time youve said same thing,so dont know what country or scale you use,this is for cannibis,ive used it for several years,so it is what it is,your more than welcome to use which ever book you choice ,what ever scale you use.
you are correct the tips are burnt,this happens from trying to boast feed on any plant when it is too much,yep happens all the time,i include i do it on purpose,when i get the tip View attachment 901005burn i cut it off and week later try same feed that burnt the tip,broke dicks do this because they dont have fancy gadgets,after that week is up and you feed just a bit higher and it burns tip again ,well hell what to do i guess i just stay there another week,oh i cut the tip off,then repeat,repeat ,repeat,so slash the shit out what you want,but this scale was taught to me at age 14 by a beautiful hippie chick that let me live in her garage because she didnt want me staying under house during the winter,this scale has proved itself many times over,the 3 and 1 leaf sets you see isnt from stress it is from someone trying to sex plants and then put back into veg after sexing is done,so home boy voice your opinion we all do,i only answered you back from the 3rd smart ass remark you thrown at me,so here you go science guy get in your books and tear it apart,i have my opinions too but reframe from trying to constantly piss folk off from not having nothing to do,like i say for your eyes only
from what i see and he stated 6 weeks in flower there for fully mature if you didnt know,1000 to 1600 sound about right

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well, I've never seen you share a pic of your plants in flower so i guess I'll have to take your word for it. 2-3 ec would fucking fry any pot plant I've ever grown.

Anyway, I dont care enough to argue the point any further. We can just agree to disagree.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Check your timers or swap out for different ones.

Reveg

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I’m in week 6 flower ,I even did 2 days darkness before flip to 12/12. Iv had white hairs like crazy now forever but nothing is fatting up ,now this past few weeks the hairs are turning dark already I’m growing blue haze,birthday cake,gold leaf and there all doing the same thing. Any help,leads, links, would probably save my life on this grow

My grow info
Current culture rdwc
Running around 900 ppm
5.8 ph
Air runs 24/7
Humidity Does run about still trying to get a Handel on it, 54-72, not proud of that (Might be part of issue)
I did start them it in general hydroponics nutes then in flower I put them on canna aqua thinking it’s a better line I’m not sure if changing nutes has any effect on anything
I have a Rez that fills the system off of a float valve and mostly I keep it full of the same strength nutes, I have run it full of r.o water a few times here and there
View attachment 900924View attachment 900925View attachment 900926View attachment 900927View attachment 900928View attachment 900929View attachment 900930View attachment 900931View attachment 900932
Ladies look good

My grow info
Current culture rdwc
Running around 900 ppm
5.8 ph
Air runs 24/7
View attachment 900924View attachment 900925View attachment 900926View attachment 900927View attachment 900928View attachment 900929View attachment 900930View attachment 900931View attachment 900932
Nice looking ladies.

Ppm's are higher than I was at week 6
Your water temps are a little high imo

Pictures from week 7

My grow info
Current culture rdwc
Running around 900 ppm
5.8 ph
Air runs 24/7
Here's where I was at week 7 ( less is more)

Your water temp ? Too warm.

Nice looking ladies.

20190917 125503
20190917 125542
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@oldskol4evr @Dirtbag you are both right. Depending on humidity, light and overall size of the plant feed can change that much in hydro.

As for water temps.. the ideal water temp is almost the same as leaf temps 77f. Now with that said when things go wrong at that temp the go wrong fast and that's why most run at 68f. But growth is noticeably high with 77f. You better be running hydrogaurd or a well looked after sterile system.

Humidity needs to be stable or its hard to dial in your feed and causes a fair bit of stresses to the plants. Important thing is not getting a humidity spikes after lights out in flower... PM will jump on that. I would suggest looking into VPD as hydro can create rediculous growth when all conditions are ideal. Don't just grab some chart off the interwebs either. Quest has a good I think 3 part article on it here. https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-3-different-stages-vpd/

This is part 3 but I'm sure you can find the other 2.

Get an IR thermometer and shoot for leaf temps of 75.

This is not necessary for everyone but running hydro you need to have things dialed in as much as possible to get the most out of it. Remember the fastest a plant grows the more dialed in you need it because when things go bad they go bad fast and you have less wiggle room.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

@oldskol4evr @Dirtbag you are both right. Depending on humidity, light and overall size of the plant feed can change that much in hydro.

As for water temps.. the ideal water temp is almost the same as leaf temps 77f. Now with that said when things go wrong at that temp the go wrong fast and that's why most run at 68f. But growth is noticeably high with 77f. You better be running hydrogaurd or a well looked after sterile system.

Humidity needs to be stable or its hard to dial in your feed and causes a fair bit of stresses to the plants. Important thing is not getting a humidity spikes after lights out in flower... PM will jump on that. I would suggest looking into VPD as hydro can create rediculous growth when all conditions are ideal. Don't just grab some chart off the interwebs either. Quest has a good I think 3 part article on it here. https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-3-different-stages-vpd/

This is part 3 but I'm sure you can find the other 2.

Get an IR thermometer and shoot for leaf temps of 75.

This is not necessary for everyone but running hydro you need to have things dialed in as much as possible to get the most out of it. Remember the fastest a plant grows the more dialed in you need it because when things go bad they go bad fast and you have less wiggle room.
the temp and fast change of humidity is what ie causing my spike i believe,i can check it in the morning all good ,mid day spike on ppm and ph,i just add about 1/4 tsp to the 33 gal and it gets back right,the spike also changes when i need to top off,been running 1600 ,so i just been adding water instead of nute with it,it is keeping the ph right,just changed all the water last week when we talked,this morn was the first sign of the swing,so instead of refill with nutes and such i left it alone other than the baking soda,it been stabile at 5.82 ppm 1400,so far good,it was 62 this morning had me scrambling for a hoody hahahah,supose to be in 50's sat morn,ya right wrong state hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well, I've never seen you share a pic of your plants in flower so i guess I'll have to take your word for it. 2-3 ec would fucking fry any pot plant I've ever grown.

Anyway, I dont care enough to argue the point any further. We can just agree to disagree.
all my flowers are on my thread,if you need shots,doesnt matter we all grow difrent,i just respond when called out

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the temp and fast change of humidity is what ie causing my spike i believe,i can check it in the morning all good ,mid day spike on ppm and ph,i just add about 1/4 tsp to the 33 gal and it gets back right,the spike also changes when i need to top off,been running 1600 ,so i just been adding water instead of nute with it,it is keeping the ph right,just changed all the water last week when we talked,this morn was the first sign of the swing,so instead of refill with nutes and such i left it alone other than the baking soda,it been stabile at 5.82 ppm 1400,so far good,it was 62 this morning had me scrambling for a hoody hahahah,supose to be in 50's sat morn,ya right wrong state hahahah
5.8 to 6.2 in a week sounds about where ya want it

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

5.8 to 6.2 in a week sounds about where ya want it
going with smaller cans the next time,just seems like a waste topping of the 33 gal,i need to figure a way to keep it cooler before then,what i did do that helped a lot on my container garden was replace the pots,i got 15 gal round pots sitting inside the 18 gal square totes i replaced,then i took straw and filled the lower tote around the round pots,went from watering every other day to once a week in hundred degree days,so im thinking it will keep soil warm also in winter,end of month the brocille and cauliflur onions go outside.
one thing for sure the hydro grow took a hard hit when i had problems earlier this week

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

where is ur thread?
journey into white blaze bro,old thread i only use it to remind me when i started something new,stop using it when i had to give up my jedi plants,i made a promise to a bro to keep going till he got back on track,then i sold house and had to harvest everything depressed me,i dont even picture my grows anymore,folk can believe it or not doesnt matter to me,i grow more than weed and all difrent methods digging the outside hydro right now,waiting on feds to change laws and will have soil,coco and hydro going when it does count on it hahahah.
never done the meds in hydro and sure enough itching to do so hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so far i like soil always have,taste is better,coco did good there too,but only will use it again if i have a flood table ,that shit damn near broke my back working it hahah

Top Bottom