HELP! White power spot on leaves

• Thread starter DrGreenThumb905
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you ain’t getting rid of it from the plants it’s either maintain them or really kill everything, clean everything, two three times, use hydrogen peroxide and isopropyl.
you might think the other plants are not infected but they probably are, it usually takes 2/3 weeks to show the powdery mildew on the leaves after infection.
all of the info you need has been posted by us growers to help..
you decide,

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

I’ve had it outdoor before. Never indoor.
I used Potassium Bicarbonate mixed with water and foliar spray everything. Give it a few days and do it again. You can do this up to harvest.
Once you harvest, give it a peroxide bath and then make bubble hash out of it. It’s the best way to make good from bad.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

If the plant was in a jar with that nug you can bet you’ve contaminated the others in the jar. If that’s the case I would be tossing it all out only because I can’t rule out that it isn’t mold. I don’t really know to much about ingesting it after heat is applied so I wouldn’t be able to comment much about that aspect.

Moulds if burned give off toxic substances...toxins..yay!

Dan789

Dan789

What about downy mildew I didnt have the spots on the leaves but the yellowing and brown spots associated with downy ya mildews mildew but should i stop bugging out about my other plants since the environment is on point ? Kinda just a looping conversation here my bad but ive been on forums for hours and need answers
Mildew is mildew... As many others have posited, and my observation is that your problem is not what type of mildew, but concentrating on trying to fix what you’ve got and more importantly clean up all your shit before your next attempt to grow.
Toward cleaning/eradicating the presents of mold another method is to utilize a sulfur burner to kill the mold spores...look up what that is. Then get busy, if it were me, I’d toss the crop and start cleaning. I wouldn’t use what you’ll save for anything other than debris to go into your garbage, but that’s me. Good luck.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

What powdery mildew needs is something to penetrate it. Baking soda is a good penetrant.

I just used high ph'd water 9.5 or so and that was pretty good at controling it. It never popped up again.

H202 and vinegar might be better than just h202 and water....3to6% sounds pretty high. .5% kills "viruses" 1 to 2% might be sufficient.

Purecrop1 claims to kill pm.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Mildew is mildew... As many others have posited, and my observation is that your problem is not what type of mildew, but concentrating on trying to fix what you’ve got and more importantly clean up all your shit before your next attempt to grow.
Toward cleaning/eradicating the presents of mold another method is to utilize a sulfur burner to kill the mold spores...look up what that is. Then get busy, if it were me, I’d toss the crop and start cleaning. I wouldn’t use what you’ll save for anything other than debris to go into your garbage, but that’s me. Good luck.

If a mother plant gets PM its fuckt for life?

No way of getting rid of internal plant infections of PM?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hey guys, I have one plant out of 4 that has some white powder spots on the leaves. I had been out of town for work 😞

Now did use diematacous earth after finding some boy flies in the tent. I dusted the plants but I’m sure this isn’t from me.

should I pull this plant ASAP or is there still hope that it can be treated.

I did a panic defoliate haha but now I’m wondering if I did the wrong thing.
You're using diatomaceous earth indoors? If so quit! Your lungs will have irreparable damage...why the fuck arent any of you telling this person this information?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yes, once a plant has PM, they've got it forever. That's why "penetrating" things like baking soda and H2O2 don't eliminate it- they only treat the symptom of the infection, not the cause.

I've tried everything else for PM except spraying copper, and it just comes back.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yes, once a plant has PM, they've got it forever. That's why "penetrating" things like baking soda and H2O2 don't eliminate it- they only treat the symptom of the infection, not the cause.

I've tried everything else for PM except spraying copper, and it just comes back.

How do most plants display that they have it? White on the base of stem at soil line?

White powder on leaves? With that all said, what other signs? Outward signs the plant gives us other than the ones posted in this post. Are there any?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

You'll see little spots of fuzzy white on the stems or leaf surfaces (generally the tops of leaves where moisture has gathered) to start, and a lack of vigor that correlates with how long the infection has been present and how much the environmental conditions have allowed the PM to thrive.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

You're using diatomaceous earth indoors? If so quit! Your lungs will have irreparable damage...why the fuck arent any of you telling this person this information?
Yeah I would think when people use it they wear a mask. Lol
Or is that just me?
I wear a mask when I’m doing organic amendments and anything dusty or powdery.

Dan789

Dan789

This was copied from Wikipedia Safety considerations[edit]
Inhalation of crystalline silica is harmful to the lungs, causing silicosis. Amorphous silica is considered to have low toxicity, but prolonged inhalation causes changes to the lungs.[37] Diatomaceous earth is mostly amorphous silica, but contains some crystalline silica, especially in the saltwater forms.[38] In a study of workers, those exposed to natural D.E. for over 5 years had no significant lung changes, while 40% of those exposed to the calcined form had developed pneumoconiosis.[39] Today's common D.E. formulations are safer to use as they are predominantly made up of amorphous silica and contain little or no crystalline silica.[40]

The crystalline silica content of D.E. is regulated in the United States by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and there are guidelines from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health setting maximum amounts allowable in the product (1%) and in the air near the breathing zone of workers, with a recommended exposure limit at 6 mg/m3 over an 8-hour workday.[40] OSHA has set a permissible exposure limit for diatomaceous earth as 20 mppcf (80 mg/m3/%SiO2). At levels of 3,000 mg/m3, diatomaceous earth is immediately dangerous to life and health.[41]

In the 1930s, long-term occupational exposure among workers in the cristobalite D.E. industry who were exposed to high levels of airborne crystalline silica over decades were found to have an increased risk of silicosis.[42]

Today, workers are required to use respiratory-protection measures when concentrations of silica exceed allowable levels.

Diatomite produced for pool filters is treated with high heat (calcination) and a fluxing agent (soda ash), causing the formerly harmless amorphous silicon dioxide to assume its crystalline form.[40]

And in a partial answer to your assertion, "that we're supposed to notify anyone" for not calling this out... (I) have no way on knowing how this individual is using any particular product for that matter and we must assume that we can all read the backs of the packaging about health considerations... Just sayin...

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

This was copied from Wikipedia Safety considerations[edit]
Inhalation of crystalline silica is harmful to the lungs, causing silicosis. Amorphous silica is considered to have low toxicity, but prolonged inhalation causes changes to the lungs.[37] Diatomaceous earth is mostly amorphous silica, but contains some crystalline silica, especially in the saltwater forms.[38] In a study of workers, those exposed to natural D.E. for over 5 years had no significant lung changes, while 40% of those exposed to the calcined form had developed pneumoconiosis.[39] Today's common D.E. formulations are safer to use as they are predominantly made up of amorphous silica and contain little or no crystalline silica.[40]

The crystalline silica content of D.E. is regulated in the United States by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and there are guidelines from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health setting maximum amounts allowable in the product (1%) and in the air near the breathing zone of workers, with a recommended exposure limit at 6 mg/m3 over an 8-hour workday.[40] OSHA has set a permissible exposure limit for diatomaceous earth as 20 mppcf (80 mg/m3/%SiO2). At levels of 3,000 mg/m3, diatomaceous earth is immediately dangerous to life and health.[41]

In the 1930s, long-term occupational exposure among workers in the cristobalite D.E. industry who were exposed to high levels of airborne crystalline silica over decades were found to have an increased risk of silicosis.[42]

Today, workers are required to use respiratory-protection measures when concentrations of silica exceed allowable levels.

Diatomite produced for pool filters is treated with high heat (calcination) and a fluxing agent (soda ash), causing the formerly harmless amorphous silicon dioxide to assume its crystalline form.[40]

And in a partial answer to your assertion, "that we're supposed to notify anyone" for not calling this out... (I) have no way on knowing how this individual is using any particular product for that matter and we must assume that we can all read the backs of the packaging about health considerations... Just sayin...
Some people just dont care about themselves or others. Im just callin it out...lmao..i wouldnt listen to what ohsa has to say...they are fuckin lazy and dont do shit but fine companies for putting emplyoees in danger...now why doesnt osha shut a place down? Rarely! They arent all badass and here to save people. Thats ridiculous to think they care! Ive been in plenty of companies where unsafe conditions were recorded and i reported once to osha. Fines and fix that is all that was said. I dont

I also worked at a company that had a laser with a fake shutoff. Did osha notice that? Nope! Osha should be inspecting the nuclear power facilities in america. The one in south carolina is leaking like mofo and its still up and running.....lol to me it just seems not many people care about themselves especially not others...."its the way of the beast"

To close i will say this anything breathed into the lungs that isnt exhaled out is bad. Now will it expell out through coughing, sure! But, what is it doing up to that point? Its bad enough to breath in the peat and salts going off into the air, now this. I wouldnt for the simple fact on the back of my bag it says DONT USE INDOORS! LMFAO! OBVIOUSLY HE AND YOU DIDNT READ HE FREAKIN BAG

Heynow

Heynow

Use Flying skull nuke em. It can be used up to day of harvest, in Oregon and Cali they dip out door plants as they are harvested and dry them.

It is citric acid based. It kills it on contact by changing the ph on the leaf.

No garden should be without nuke em, imo. It kills everything (spider mites, russets, broads,, pm...probably every bug) and can be sprayed daily.

It burns them, so there is no way bugs build a tolerance to it.

Dan789

Dan789

Some people just dont care about themselves or others. Im just callin it out...lmao..i wouldnt listen to what ohsa has to say...they are fuckin lazy and dont do shit but fine companies for putting emplyoees in danger...now why doesnt osha shut a place down? Rarely! They arent all badass and here to save people. Thats ridiculous to think they care! Ive been in plenty of companies where unsafe conditions were recorded and i reported once to osha. Fines and fix that is all that was said. I dont

I also worked at a company that had a laser with a fake shutoff. Did osha notice that? Nope! Osha should be inspecting the nuclear power facilities in america. The one in south carolina is leaking like mofo and its still up and running.....lol to me it just seems not many people care about themselves especially not others...."its the way of the beast"

To close i will say this anything breathed into the lungs that isnt exhaled out is bad. Now will it expell out through coughing, sure! But, what is it doing up to that point? Its bad enough to breath in the peat and salts going off into the air, now this. I wouldnt for the simple fact on the back of my bag it says DONT USE INDOORS! LMFAO! OBVIOUSLY HE AND YOU DIDNT READ HE FREAKIN BAG
Feel better now...? By the way it’s OSHA.
PS I’m not using DE, but don’t let that rather significant fact interrupt your assumptions about people/growers you don’t know...

Top Bottom