Help! White/yellow leaf edges + curling up

• Thread starter joe.snad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joe.snad

Hey! 1st time grower here. Plant showed these symptoms almost overnight (leaves were perfectly colored the day before. This has been going on for close to a week now, I tried rinsing the soil with water to maybe fix pH but I don't have a pH probe. Symptoms occurred shortly after transplant to bigger pot.

I've been growing it outdoors on a balcony and have been using Scott's super bloom for 2-3 waterings now. Don't know if it's overfeeding?

Help whiteyellow leaf edges  curling up
Brownthumb

Brownthumb

Peeps need more info to be helpful: soil, temps,humidity,feed, water schedule and ph/ppm readings… I’m still new to the grow to hand out advice but someone will come around…looks like you locked out by over nutes or a ph problem or both… flush : with ph water 6.0 next watering….you need a ph pen, and ppm reader….

J

joe.snad

Peeps need more info to be helpful: soil, temps,humidity,feed, water schedule and ph/ppm readings… I’m still new to the grow to hand out advice but someone will come around…looks like you locked out by over nutes or a ph problem or both… flush : with ph water 6.0 next watering….you need a ph pen, and ppm reader….
Thanks ! Temp is on colder side I think, 40-50 at night and 55-70 during day. Watering about every 4-5 days. I’ll try flushing again

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

Might want to bring those plants in at night…. Hopefully someone with more experience will post…. Sometimes it takes a little time.!

TSD

TSD

Has it always been outside or did you just move it out? Almost looks like sun burn. Feeding every watering? That's probably way too much. Is it an auto?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Has it always been outside or did you just move it out? Almost looks like sun burn. Feeding every watering? That's probably way too much. Is it an auto?
It looks like light stress to me as well.

I'd like to see a side view picture of the plant. Watering/feeding habits and have the leaves been wet while the plant's been in intense sunlight? Was it started indoors and then moved into direct sunlight without hardening it first? There's a lot we still don't know that can be very helpful.

@joe.snad The more information you can share with us about the plant the better chance we have of helping you out.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

It looks like light stress to me as well.

I'd like to see a side view picture of the plant. Watering/feeding habits and have the leaves been wet while the plant's been in intense sunlight? Was it started indoors and then moved into direct sunlight without hardening it first? There's a lot we still don't know that can be very helpful.

@joe.snad The more information you can share with us about the plant the better chance we have of helping you out.
Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like it got cooked by the sun magnifying water on the leaves... or it's something completely off the wall.

J

joe.snad

Thanks for all your advice guys! Unfortunately I removed the leaves that were burnt like that but the burn was spreading to the uppermost leaves as the days went by so I don't think it's just light? I believe it's an auto as it started flowering pretty soon and the plant is not even that big yet. There could have been periods of intense sun with water on the leaves but as the symptoms have been progressing up the plant lately and there hasn't been rainfall I don't think it's that. The plant had been outdoors in about 6 hours of full sun every day for 1-2 weeks before symptoms showed up. I was feeding every watering and I realize that was probably a big mistake. I'll post a picture from the side of the plant in a bit.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you damaged your roots during the transplant

Top Bottom