Help with “ tacoing” new leafs/ nodes

• Thread starter MarkSmith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MarkSmith

MarkSmith

Hey guys are baby’s are growing we in week 1 of veg. Just transplanted to 2 gallons and roots are sexy. They look great but the new nodes/ leaves that growing is are “tacoing” it’s on the majority of plants. Kind of scared.

ROI-E680 we have like 4 feet from top of canopy at 35 percent

co2 supplemented 1100 PPM

temperature stays all day even during sleep (18/6 cycle) at 72-73 degrees with 60-63 percent humidity

Air circulation is well. We thinking it was heat stress but there is NO signs of improvements on leafs but verticals grow is great.

Help with  tacoing new leafs nodes
Help with  tacoing new leafs nodes 2
Help with  tacoing new leafs nodes 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Almost certain it's bugs and I would guess russet mites... if not extremely heat and light stressed.

MarkSmith

MarkSmith

Yea looks like extreme heat and lights to close i would say

Yah light stress idk how much hire I can go...4 feet and 40 percent ?

I was referred to also maybe strand doesn’t do well with that low of heat so crank it up a little bit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yah light stress idk how much hire I can go...4 feet and 40 percent ?

I was referred to also maybe strand doesn’t do well with that low of heat so crank it up a little bit.
What are your temps?

I would really look for mites. Thats pretty extreme to be light stress and looks much more like russet mites but could be light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just have a gut feeling its bugs... could possibly be root zone bugs? But I really think you dont wanna dismiss it.

MarkSmith

MarkSmith

I just have a gut feeling its bugs... could possibly be root zone bugs? But I really think you dont wanna dismiss it.

temp stays 73 degree F and humidity 60-65

what is best solution for mites you are referring too.

thank you for response need all help

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ordered a scope will report back tomorrow thank you so much for input
Also was looking at treatments and Neem oil ?
I'm really not the guy to talk to about treatments. There are far better ppl here and hopefully they chime in. Forst I would confirm before doing anything

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I don't think it could possibly be from the lights being to close because those internodes are inches long.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Internodes are controlled much more from spectrum of the light and genetics. Much less from intensity.
wouldn't the spectrum need to be way more red than even hps to do that at proper distance?

Edit: unless it's different with clones. I only know from seed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

wouldn't the spectrum need to be way more red than even hps to do that at proper distance?
First and foremost genetics, then spectrum then day/night diff then intensity IMO but I think what you are seeing is the long petioles? Nodes spaces don't look to bad.

Oh and also PGRs can have a big effect.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thats not to say that intensity cannot cause stretching just that its not the only thing. Indoors under a grow light its rarely the cause imo.

GGrows

GGrows

I just started growing again after a gap year. The first clones I received in my new set up came with russet mites. They looked fine for 2/3 weeks and then started looking like yours. It just gets worse. You can try and treat it but don't waste too much time. Take them out your tent and outdoors if you can. It will spread to all your plants. I tried Sulphur and something else and it just didn't work. I am convinced that russet mites are the worst things ever!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thats not to say that intensity cannot cause stretching just that its not the only thing. Indoors under a grow light its rarely the cause imo.
I do t know if this will help or confuse ? But I have these two blue magoo - both in the same environment under the same spectrum first two pictures are from a plant 6” closer to the light(higher intensity) than the plant in the 3/4 picture . Literally side by side

4657EC23 1E3C 447F 9222 89A639E7232F
B009163A F974 4A37 BBB0 CDA69887DF7B
CB06A784 1CEF 4E6A 83CB 5FF00395BDA0
A845A79F C9C4 4DA0 88B8 28EB03459BFD
Moshmen

Moshmen

I just started growing again after a gap year. The first clones I received in my new set up came with russet mites. They looked fine for 2/3 weeks and then started looking like yours. It just gets worse. You can try and treat it but don't waste too much time. Take them out your tent and outdoors if you can. It will spread to all your plants. I tried Sulphur and something else and it just didn't work. I am convinced that russet mites are the worst things ever!
Spinosad soap in veg - russets are not bad as spider mites ! IMO they are the worst

GGrows

GGrows

Spinosad soap in veg - russets are not bad as spider mites ! IMO they are the worst
I don't want any of it. I actually didn't have a crazy pest problem before this. Half the stuff on the internet isn't even sold here, I'm from South Africa.

chemistry

chemistry

My vote goes on to dry, pots look they are to small for the plant size, so not enough to drink.

Latest posts

Top Bottom