Help with 1st time grow

• Thread starter Lilshane2013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

Running two 680led lights , 4X8 grow tent. Had lights about 2ft above plants but just raised them up a lot more . Haven't used any nutrients yet , got the ph to 6-7. Mainly concerned about the yellowing color at tips of the leaves , and almost the curling down tips on one plant . Please and thank you !

Help with 1st time grow
Help with 1st time grow 2
Help with 1st time grow 3
Help with 1st time grow 4
Help with 1st time grow 5
Help with 1st time grow 6
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that could be a few things though iā€™m kinda concerned about- did you plant the peat pellet? with the netting on? and not fully in the ground?
if i use those i soon as i see any sign of a root, i cut off net and plant it.

Xebediah

Xebediah

You shouldn't have to feed any nutrients this early in a soil grow, but it looks like a nutrient deficiency. Looks like it needs more potassium maybe. What kind of soil mix are you using?

Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

that could be a few things though iā€™m kinda concerned about- did you plant the peat pellet? with the netting on? and not fully in the ground?
if i use those i soon as i see any sign of a root, i cut off net and plant it.

yes i did, a buddy of mine told me to use it and was unaware that you had to do anything extra like that , i just transplanted from solo cups to 3 gallon pot maybe a week or 2 ago.

Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

You shouldn't have to feed any nutrients this early in a soil grow, but it looks like a nutrient deficiency. Looks like it needs more potassium maybe. What kind of soil mix are you using?

that is exactly what i was thinking that it was some sort of deficiency , but i couldn't narrow it down and thought that it is to early for deficiency , but its just miracle grow soil.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I was reading something and found a chart someone posted, it indicated that the top leaves having issues had different causes than the bottom ones. So I am wondering if you have a couple different things happening.

Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

I was reading something and found a chart someone posted, it indicated that the top leaves having issues had different causes than the bottom ones. So I am wondering if you have a couple different things happening.

i thought since it was happening at the top that maybe the light was to close but i dont know

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the tips of the top leaves looks like mine when i had the light too close, but i dont know much, just what i saw on mine. the yellow on the bottom i dont know, but i am sure these guys know and will help.

Xebediah

Xebediah

but its just miracle grow soil.

I would HIGHLY advise you to transplant those plants into a different potting soil mix. Miracle Gro does not have the properly formulated nutrient balance to support cannabis in the different stages of growth. You can read more about that (linked here).

What I've used for my soil grow was Fox Farm Ocean Forest for veg, and Fox Farm Strawberry Fields for flower. I just kept up-potting during veg, then did one final up-pot to flower.

There are one of two different ways I would recommend to salvage these plants. Either find a nutrient supplement to feed them with, which there are a lot of varieties to choose from and you won't need much to feed the soil. However you're going to have to constantly keep a close watch on those plants and figure out how to "dial in" the properly balanced feed. This can be challenging and is a little more advanced for beginner growers.

Or... my preferred recommendation.

Have another pot ready to transplant into with some Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil mix. Pull the plants out of their containers and gently remove the soil from the root ball by massaging the root ball until the soil falls away. You don't have to remove all of the soil, just enough to expose the roots to the new soil. Then plant into the new pot with the Fox Farm Ocean Forest and give it a good drink. You can also add some beneficial bacteria by feeding some Fish Sh!t from Fish Head Farms. Also, while transplanting, you can inoculate the roots with mycorrhizae using a mycorrhiza powder (like Mykos from Xtreme Gardening) that you can "dust" the roots with before putting into the new potting soil.

Sorry buddy, but I just don't predict a very successful outcome for these plants if you keep them in the Miracle Gro.

Xebediah

Xebediah

There are one of two different ways I would recommend to salvage these plants.
I take that back, after reading more on that article, there's only one good way to salvage your plants, and that is to transplant. The Miracle Gro provides time released nutrients that uses too much nitrogen and not enough of the other nutrients needed. It is probably experiencing a nutrient burn and has nutrient lock-out. Just get those girls transplanted ASAP.

Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

I take that back, after reading more on that article, there's only one good way to salvage your plants, and that is to transplant. The Miracle Gro provides time released nutrients that uses too much nitrogen and not enough of the other nutrients needed. It is probably experiencing a nutrient burn and has nutrient lock-out. Just get those girls transplanted ASAP.
Ok thank you so much ! I'll hit some stores up tomorrow and try to find that soil !

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what about my earlier reply?
should be concerned about that.
please take a photo of your root ball?

Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

what about my earlier reply?
should be concerned about that.
please take a photo of your root ball?
I believe I replied to it ? Once I get the new soil tomorrow I'm going to try to carefully remove that netting , I will also take pics of the root ball when doing so

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I believe I replied to it ? Once I get the new soil tomorrow I'm going to try to carefully remove that netting , I will also take pics of the root ball when doing so
thanks.., just because i bet thatā€™s more of the problem than the miracle grow, which doesnā€™t help either. so between the two... youā€™ll probably have to leave some of it on because roots have grown into it, just cut what you can and leave what you have too. try not to expose the roots to light, do in dim light to dark..

Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

thanks.., just because i bet thatā€™s more of the problem than the miracle grow, which doesnā€™t help either. so between the two... youā€™ll probably have to leave some of it on because roots have grown into it, just cut what you can and leave what you have too. try not to expose the roots to light, do in dim light to dark..

IMG 20210331 225205612
IMG 20210331 225202661
IMG 20210331 224123001
IMG 20210331 223344541
IMG 20210331 222631924
IMG 20210331 221758603
IMG 20210331 215924464 HDR
IMG 20210331 215919594 HDR
IMG 20210331 215225721
Snapchat 1009667496
Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

2 weeks later from my original post , just a lil update on the grow ,the tall lengthy plant I believe is going to be a male plant , others are looking to be female , about to do my first nutrient feed tomorrow. I have topped some plants , have done some low stress training . Anybody see any problems or could throw some tips my way ?
IMG 20210416 011056087
IMG 20210416 011056087
IMG 20210416 011047459
IMG 20210416 011030665

Jrod2676

Jrod2676

Running two 680led lights , 4X8 grow tent. Had lights about 2ft above plants but just raised them up a lot more . Haven't used any nutrients yet , got the ph to 6-7. Mainly concerned about the yellowing color at tips of the leaves , and almost the curling down tips on one plant . Please and thank you !
Low on nitrogen , ur plants wanting it but dosent have so this is reason of yellow curl. Give a dose of Cal Mag. Ur plant will become even more monsterous. Other than that looks great

Latest posts

Top Bottom