Help with a budget led build for 4x4 tnet

• Thread starter DezmondG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DezmondG

DezmondG

Hey everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right section. I am newbie as this is my first time growing. I have a 4x4 tent to grow in and I just got my 4 clones on Saturday (Bubba Kush). Only thing I have right now are 2 LED tubes sitting above them which seems to be ok but I need to get myself a light for veg/flower. I would love to build one on a budget that will work for maybe a couple of grows so it will give me more time to build another better one.
I have read a fair bit and watched YouTube videos. It is still a bit confusing. I can solder and build a frame for the lights no problem there but I need help with a shopping list for lights, drivers, etc.
I don’t need to get the best of the best. If you guys could recommend the items I would need that would be a great help. In return I would like to document the build and post it on here for all the other newbies. Again this is my first grow. I’m not looking for high yields (yet) but would like something that will do a decent job.
Thanks all,
Dezi

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

You should look into the COB LEDs they sell on ebay and amazon now, cheap and driverless, wire straight to wall plug. Just get a bunch of CPU heatsinks or find something similar size, and youll have yourself a pretty good set up for way below $300

DezmondG

DezmondG

You should look into the COB LEDs they sell on ebay and amazon now, cheap and driverless, wire straight to wall plug. Just get a bunch of CPU heatsinks or find something similar size, and youll have yourself a pretty good set up for way below $300
I did see those. Just wasn’t sure how to wire them all? And if I could find some that I could make dimmable?

DezmondG

DezmondG

Ok I am going to go the Bridgelux EB Gen 2 route and build my frames out of 1x1 aluminum tubing. I think since being here in Canada, Digikey will be my best bet?

Here is where I am hoping you guys can help me out. I want to build 2 light I think to hang both with separate drivers and dimmable.
I would like to use this setup for both veg and flower so this is where I get confused on what would be best selection of strips to use, drivers, potentiometer, etc. I really don’t like Digikeys website.
Could you guys help with suggestions on what I should order? Again many thanks. :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I am going to go the Bridgelux EB Gen 2 route and build my frames out of 1x1 aluminum tubing. I think since being here in Canada, Digikey will be my best bet?

Here is where I am hoping you guys can help me out. I want to build 2 light I think to hang both with separate drivers and dimmable.
I would like to use this setup for both veg and flower so this is where I get confused on what would be best selection of strips to use, drivers, potentiometer, etc. I really don’t like Digikeys website.
Could you guys help with suggestions on what I should order? Again many thanks. :)
You will want about 450-500w to give to the most optimal light if going led. Personally I would suggest 3000-3500k if looking for a start to finish spectrum. Unless you go with something like kingbright I think your going to have a hard time going LED adequate for a 4x4 for $300 all in. Even then its unlikely I would say

Latest posts

Top Bottom