help with bulb/ballast.

• Thread starter Moe Danks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe Danks

Moe Danks

recently my bulb will just shut off with the ballast still on. it will have some power to it, because there is still a little bit of light in the bulb and it is humming. it happened once a few days ago. and I just let the light sit off for a few mins. then it was working fine again. then today when I went to turn the light off it had done the same thing. the 1st time it happened i was there to unplug it. 2nd time I have no idea when it went out. i really don't think this can be too safe. anyone know what the problem could be?

I have ran a few runs before with a different 400watt set-up and never had this happen. I just changed my multi-socket base after this happened for the second time, but wont be turning on the light until tomorrow. If this is a serious problem I have a 250watt MH I can use to finish this run.

W

WmDuffy

Same Thing

Just had the same problem, replace your bulb and your problem is fixed, not the ballast because your light starts too quick after cooldown to be ballast.
Duffy

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

hey moe try rewiring the socket, are you using a hood or cool tube? Sometimes they come wired wrong, what color wires do you have connected to the socket?

P

pokerman

i have the same problem...i changed the bulb...but now its seems the bulb is not lighting at its full potential......can ballast go bad? what can i do to fix the ballast?

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

thanks for the the replies all.
the light is back on and with a new multi-socket plug.
if this happens again i'll get a new bulb.
and if it happens again after that im trashing both ballast and bulb.

anyone think it could have just been getting too hot?

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

well it happened again. and i had no spare 400watt bulbs so i had to change to the 250w set up. and doing this really sucked. it was a hot day, had to take plants out of the room. made a mess of my huge sat. bitch. but she is now settling in nicely. if my plants herm from all this my going to be one pissed stoner. i have clones of the the big sat. but i have a skunk that i once thought was NL that i really want to re-veg and clone off of.
so right now im just a little mad that i had to untie and retie up the big sat. bitch, it is really the only plant that is sized for yield. and if i lose this whole crop it will be a big waste of time and money and the lose of a really nice smelling skunk that is a nice resin machine.

sorry for the rant.

B

Blaner123Doobie

Hey Moe
I know it is expensive, but it is worth every penny to have a spare ballast and bulb for each light you run. In the long run it is cheaper rather than lose a crop to hermies or the crop completely.

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

i hear ya on that blaner
i learned my lesson on this run. i sold my old 400w setup to buy the one i have now. not the best idea. and i even have spare bulbs for my 250w mh.
need to do a little restocking soon.

Top Bottom