Help with cal mag supplement

• Thread starter GanjaGremlon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GanjaGremlon

Hi guys

Its my first time growing in coco perlite (70/30 mix) , I have the GH flora trio nutrients (gro , micro (soft water) and bloom) and am aware that cal mag is needed.
I cant find any cal mag supplements in my area besides a powdered Calcium magnesium nitrate.
Calmag pic

I was planning on using the feeding schedule on the bottle for the flora trio and feeding once everyday ,but would adding the recommended calmag be alright for every feed ? I am also using RO water by the way.

any advice and recommendations for a feeding schedule in coco using GH trio is much apprecciated :)

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Not a coco grower and not running those nutes but i can tell you that almost all calmag supplements are made from calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate plus water...(some add a little bit of iron too but ...)
So your product is good. no different than the bottled but prolly cheaper!

G

GanjaGremlon

Not a coco grower and not running those nutes but i can tell you that almost all calmag supplements are made from calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate plus water...(some add a little bit of iron too but ...)
So your product is good. no different than the bottled but prolly cheaper!
Its literally a 10th cheaper than anything else available , just worried about the nitrogen levels as i dont want nutrient burn.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Its literally a 10th cheaper than anything else available
Ehehe that seems to be the golden rule of many bottled products !!
Mmmm..i could be wrong but is sayn that 1/4 tsp x 3 liters will add 137ppm of N.....122ppmCa.....33ppmMg...and sounds like plenty to supplement the hungry coco
You could find somewhere the ppms of the GH trio and when the plants will first start to ask you N....then you could start dosing gently your powder based on the ppm you already have.....or much more simple just go for half of the raccomended dose (when they start to get paler) to start and monitor how the plants will react....will react very quickly to the N and you could regulate from that...

Latest posts

Top Bottom