Help with choosing good root stimulator,fertilizers and soil

• Thread starter Morde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Morde

Hello i would like to ask some questions about nutrients and soil .Can someone give me advice about a good root stimulator maybe not so expensive and with what fertilizers it's good to go,i'm a novice.I read that the Canna rhizotonic is a good stimulator and Plagron Power roots.When shoud i start using the stimulator and for how long to keep it going through the cycle.What nutrients for vegetative stage and for flowering would you recommend me and is it good to buy Enzymes or something of that kind.It is for outdoor soil.It's meant also for autoflowers i want to get the best of them.But i heard they are gentle of fertilizers.I think Canna for Vegetative and root stimulator or maybe Plagron for vegetative and roots and Advanced for bloom.Correct me if that's not a good combination.Thank you really!!

For the soil i want to make mine but for the seeds i think going with Plagron Light Mix because i don't want to fuck up the babies . For my soil i think of getting - worm castings,perlite for aeration,wood ash and Peat,but how to mix them how many liters of what for the perfect soil ? The soil ph has to be ? With what to make perfect ph.

And for the seedlings the water i sprout them in what ph has to be ? What water to use everytime i water them 5.5 -6.5 ?

t substrates on the basis of white peat TS-3 for all areas of application : Fertilization 1g/L for the peat.
  • with addition of wetting agent
  • enriched with complex fertilizer , completely soluble in water
  • additional trace elements with iron in chelated form
Brand TS-3 is made on the basis of milled peat . The degree of decomposition of the peat lies in within NZ - H6 Europeanclassification , which means that the peat medium decomposed and extracted from the fields , on which has alreadycompleted production of young milled peat . Due to the initial characteristics of this peat, TS-3 substrates have increasedwater capacity . Therefore, these substrates should be used in arid climatic zones with an average daily temperatureabove +40 C.
White sphagnum peat , pH- balanced , containing trace elements and surface - active substances , is a good base for theproduction of nutrient substrate . The fertilizer is introduced in dependence on the purpose of use of the substrate . By the substrate can be added complex fertilizers or use water soluble fertilizers in the period growing plants . It serves as abasis for self- sufficiency of the substrate for the purpose of sowing seeds or rooting cuttings in cassettes .
TS-3StructurepH ( CaCl 2 )PH (H 2 0)FertilizerenrichmentRecommended sphere of application
TS-3
Small 0 - 5 mm5.56.01.0 kg / m 3Growing plantsin containers

TS 3 is produced from more decomposed superficially collected peat based.
The degree of decomposition of the raw material used is between H3 and H6.
This more decomposed White Sphagnum Peat is collected from the beds collected from the upper layers of the lesser decomposed young peat.
The physical properties of the more decomposed White Sphagnum Peat collected in this way are
equivalent to a mixture of 20% frozen black peat and 80% White Spagnum Peat. C.

• Sterile. Nematode, fungus, etc. does not contain disease agents.
  • The air ratio is high, porous, stable and very thin. The drainage is great.
  • Its water retention properties are excellent (12 times its weight in water), providing water to the plant for quite a long time.
  • It contains medium fertilizer and all necessary trace elements.
  • It is specially moisturized for quick and even water intake.
  • It has optimum germination and rooting environment

Thank you really sorry for posting that much info of the peat but i don't know if it is good or not.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Millions of vegetable gardeners get great results out of any decent potting soil, and light, judicious use of a fertilizer. Pot is no different. It's best to start with a standard soil (Happy Frog is good), a common fertilizer (I use botanticare pro, veg and bloom), at 3/4 recommended strength, and make that work. If you can't grow abundant delicious weed with that to start, it ain't the fertilizer. Check out the pics in the links in my signature for evidence.

Additives are at best frosting on the cake. You have a to have a solid cake for the frosting to matter. Nutrients aren't food. They are more like vitamins for the plant. The main inputs are light, CO2, and water. Until you have optimised these, plants cannot use more nutrients. If you use too much, nutes become toxic to the plant. Most additives serve primarily to separate newbie growers from cash. They are not necessary to grow great weed. I have managed to do without for literally 40 years. I have done experiments and read any study I can find. At best, additives and nute pumping is good for 10-15% increase in yield, and again, requires maximization and optimization of every other input. Fuck it up, and your plant dies. You aren't there yet.

My advice as you are starting out is to keep it simple. Learn about pH. Less is more. More plants die from love than neglect.

Last edited:
M

Morde

Soil: Pro Mix series -- Fox Farms soils (ocean blend happy frog, original potting soil)
root: Great White (Plant Success,com) Xtreme Gardening products (mychroizza)(Xtreme Gardening ,com)

ones mentioned are top quality !!
I can't get one of those ... Biobizz,Plagron . Great white is really expensive i'm looking for something less because i don't have much of a grow just a personal use.Any comments about the certain ones i asked you ?Or any other good things.Sorry for my bad english.

M

Morde

Millions of vegetable gardeners get great results out of any decent potting soil, and light, judicious use of a fertilizer. Pot is no different. It's best to start with a standard soil (Happy Frog is good), a common fertilizer (I use botanticare pro, veg and bloom), at 3/4 recommended strength, and make that work. If you can't grow abundant delicious weed with that to start, it ain't the fertilizer. Check out the pics in the links in my signature for evidence.

Additives are at best frosting on the cake. You have a to have a solid cake for the frosting to matter. Nutrients aren't food. They are more like vitamins for the plant. The main inputs are light, CO2, and water. Until you have optimised these, plants cannot use more nutrients. If you use too much, nutes become toxic to the plant. Most additives serve primarily to separate newbie growers from cash. They are not necessary to grow great weed. I have managed to do without for literally 40 years. I have done experiments and read any study I can find. At best, additives and nute pumping is good for 10-15% increase in yield, and again, requires maximization and optimization of every other input. Fuck it up, and your plant dies. You aren't there yet.

My advice as you are starting out is to keep it simple. Learn about pH. Less is more. More plants die from love than neglect.

Thank you that was really helpful.But what about the combination of potting soil i want to make what can you say about it . Is it bad ? And about the nutrients and additives what you tell me to get botanicare? Have you used other nutrients and can tell me about them or about the ones i asked? Soil is the most important thing I know that creates the best development for the plant. Am i mistaking ? Thanks.

n

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
The suggested beands are all american stuff. We Europeans have different stuff available. Biobizz, plagron are all good but pricey as you said. Klassman is good but i have never used it for cannabis. Still its a good brand. Mix in perlite and other aeration material and you are fine. Are you gonna grow organic or use chemicals as ferts? The mix you choose is not organic but still i wanted to ask. Also there are other options like TS 1 medium. Why are you getting this one specifically?

If you mix a soil using ewc, guano, manure and any kind of compost, those simulators become redundant imo. Everything they contain will already be present in the soil when you add ewc. As for feeding, all nutrients have a schedule. Start with 50% and see how plant responds. Don’t feed seedlings and in an amended soil you can go 1 month+ without feeding at the beginning.

For soil recipe just type “soil mix”, “soil recipe” etc and do your research on the farm or google. There are very basic mixes that will work. For example this run i did;

- Ewc (25%)
- Bat guano (5%)
- Manure (10%)
- Peat (30%)
- Neem seed meal
- Carbon soaked in nutrients
- Pumice, zeolite, perlite, hydroton, lava stones (25% total)

It worked well. Its a hot mix tho not for seedlings. The ph should be about 6.5-6.8. After mixing let it settle for a while, couple of weeks, and do a slurry test. Then before using it do another slurry test.

Last edited:
M

Morde

The suggested beands are all american stuff. We Europeans have different stuff available. Biobizz, plagron are all good but pricey as you said. Klassman is good but i have never used it for cannabis. Still its a good brand. Mix in perlite and other aeration material and you are fine. Are you gonna grow organic or use chemicals as ferts? The mix you choose is not organic but still i wanted to ask. Also there are other options like TS 1 medium. Why are you getting this one specifically?

If you mix a soil using ewc, guano, manure and any kind of compost, those simulators become redundant imo. Everything they contain will already be present in the soil when you add ewc. As for feeding, all nutrients have a schedule. Start with 50% and see how plant responds. Don’t feed seedlings and in an amended soil you can go 1 month+ without feeding at the beginning.

For soil recipe just type “soil mix”, “soil recipe” etc and do your research on the farm or google. There are very basic mixes that will work. For example this run i did;

- Ewc (25%)
- Bat guano (5%)
- Manure (10%)
- Peat (30%)
- Neem seed meal
- Carbon soaked in nutrients
- Pumice, zeolite, perlite, hydroton, lava stones (25% total)

It worked well. Its a hot mix tho not for seedlings. The ph should be about 6.5-6.8. After mixing let it settle for a while, couple of weeks, and do a slurry test. Then before using it do another slurry test.

Well i'm going to get Plagron Light mix for the seedlings the mix contains nutrients for 1 or 2 weeks so i want to feed them.The klassman however contains more nutrients that i would like but i can't find any good peat without added nutrients..The mix you suggested me it is very good thank you.But what about the mix i posted would i go fine with it ?And how to measure the proportion i have to add thats one of my problems on eye or with something of a scale or in liters?I don't think i can let it stir for a couple of weeks because i only have about 15 days.So the ph of the soik should be 6.5-6.8 with what i can optimize it for the good ph and how ? About watering what ph should we my water everytime i water them ? And what to get about the water ph some Ph up and Ph Down or another gardening thing ? I'm going to use synthetic fertilizers.What brand would u suggest me to use for the whole cylce ? I was thinknig about Canna Rhizotonic - root stimulator or Plagron Power roots .Then Canna for vegetative or Plagron Terra .And in flowering to use Advanced - Bud ignitor,Big Bud.What can you suggest me to use as a good nutrient brand.Thank you!You are really helpful.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Gets advice answering question. Repeats question with additional text indicating that he totally hasn't processed the answers already received. Prepares to fuck up his first crop. Watching...

Top Bottom