help with cloning

• Thread starter Herbaholic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Herbaholic

hey all for the first time gonna be cloning my best females what i end up with. In veg do you clone and label all ya plants then let them flower out n keep the clones from the best female's n throw male clones away? or would u harvest then reveg? many thanks herb.:wondering

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
The bottom line is always clone new plants from seed if you have any space. You'll kick yourself when you find a real keeper and can't re-veg it. It happens, a lot.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm revegging now and I hate it and would much rather clone

H

Herbaholic

hey guys never done male/fem seed's before so should i take cuts off every plant n label like one plant A n cutting off that plant A then B C D etc.? would this be how everyone else does it please help us out cheers guys:wondering

B

Blaner123Doobie

Herb
Yes clone and label :-) I use abreviations and numbers since I grow several varieties at once like PU X Bub 1 , PU X Bub 2, (Purple Urkle X Bubblegum plants 1 and 2) OGKA-99 1, OGKA-99 2 (OG Kush Abusive cut X Cinderella 99, plants 1 and 20 etc etc hope that helps
I take cuts and label them to the corresponding plants so that there is no mix ups :-)

M

Mr Green

thats exactly how you do it.. take cuts and label to the corresponding plants... flower and keep the pheno that fills your needs as a mother...

B

BrandNew2THIS

I was taught to cut and label 5 clones of each keep seedling as mother and flower out the clones. But I am really really new to this.

H

Herbaholic

So do you throw away the plants n clones what turn out male? cheers herb

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Unless you want to keep it for breeding, discard. You got it though, keep everything. :D

You also don't want to judge the immature plant's flowering potential before you do a second run with the clones. You'll find some plants have a tendency to perform very differently on a run from clones. Sometimes they'll finish much faster, produce different aromas, etc..

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Quick and dirty:
Start the seeds, clone the plants, flower the clones, cull the males (unless you want to make seeds), flower the females, cull the losers, maintain the best female as a mother.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
In my first round of selection I do, especially if sativa dominate. During the initial flowering of the clones, the females in veg will have time to mature. From the point of maturity forward, their clones should produce predictable results with regards to flowering time, potency, and smells/taste. The first round are not a conclusive look at what the plant will do the next time, rather more of general idea. The second round with the now obvious best females is when I choose for specific traits.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Good answers by everyone and some good hints too. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom