Help with dark/blackened leaves

• Thread starter NickPapagiorgio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NickPapagiorgio

NickPapagiorgio

Background: I grow in inert soil (with some gypsum added for cal/mag), and a few weeks ago I came to the realization that I was definitely causing nutrient burn, as I wasn't properly flushing the plant with each water. I noticed this because leaf tips began to crisp and curl up, and many leaves were dark green (you can see some crisped lower leaves in the pic). Since then, I flushed the soil and haven't even fed nutrients at all (assuming the plants store the excess and use it for weeks to come). However, I flipped into flower recently and I noticed some of the new growth started getting this dark color on the leaves, and some of them are still curling up a bit as well. pH is good, temp is good, humidity is good, etc. This is my first grow, so any help would be appreciated. I started to think that it might just be the normal color of the strain (Jack Herer) but I couldn't find comparable images on Google.
Help with darkblackened leaves

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

That would be a shame, since phosphorus would come from fertilizer, and I recently gave my plant nute burn. Perhaps I'll give it just a bit for a the phosphorus. Thank you.
What is your feed pH? Are you checking/adjusting? And what are you feeding?

NickPapagiorgio

NickPapagiorgio

What is your feed pH? Are you checking/adjusting? And what are you feeding?
I usually only check the soil pH with a pH pen, using a mixture of the soil and some distilled water. I usually try to get it mid-5s. I am feeding 20-10-20. Also, I noticed this morning that the plants aren't drinking. Flowering is rough...

NickPapagiorgio

NickPapagiorgio

I usually only check the soil pH with a pH pen, using a mixture of the soil and some distilled water. I usually try to get it mid-5s. I am feeding 20-10-20. Also, I noticed this morning that the plants aren't drinking. Flowering is rough...
Also, I feed 1,300 µS/cm. Like I said, I haven't fed in a while, as I still notice some leaves curling up at the ends, which seems like nutrient burn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom