Help with DWC transplant 1st time hydro grower

• Thread starter Ismokealottapot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

I would just use that base water than for now gotta remember the plant starting off has the N for it starting life, and get the tap root into the water resting with good tempt and you should be fine. Idk what you over all set up looks like but I’m gonna guess you got that in check as well
Yea everything is looking good inline fan running temp staying down other half of tent has coco and soil grows in early stages waiting on separate 8 bucket hydro system to get here then will run 20 plants in this tent with a DWC setup and a rdwc with top feed system on other side. Just hoping these girls make it. I feel like the rapid rooter a have been too wet the entire time and germination was slow I dropped 23 and 15 came back I counted the other 8 to bad genes I got the seeds from Good Karma Seeds and he still owes me and order. I have another order of autos coming from Barney's Seeds so thought using the guy I met on FBs seeds would be better to learn from before I ruin some plants with superb genetics. I also have 14 plants 7 coco 7 living soi
Download a lux meter on google play store on your phone, and keep the lux at around 5,000 for the next week, then go up from there week by week. Id also use 1.5ml calmag, 1.5 micro, 1.5 grow, 1.5 bloom, 2ml hydro. per gallon. Then dilute down to 200ppm. Keep your ph at 5.7. Its also easier to just ensure the water level is about 1/2 inch up the rockwool. Once I place my seed in the rockwool, I transplant it to my rdwc system. I actually covered all but 1/2 inch of the rockwool lol, never have to top feed. I just make sure the taproot is about an inch long before transplanting to rockwool from papertowel. I then place it in 24hr 200ppm 5.7ph presoaked rockwool. . . with the system at 200ppm.
Will do on the next run. This being my first time I was paying attention to so many things I didn't check my ppm and it was 350-450 since I'm not using a res they differed a little. Last night I swapped all water to reduce ppm below 200 and ph 5.8 hoping these make it
Download a lux meter on google play store on your phone, and keep the lux at around 5,000 for the next week, then go up from there week by week. Id also use 1.5ml calmag, 1.5 micro, 1.5 grow, 1.5 bloom, 2ml hydro. per gallon. Then dilute down to 200ppm. Keep your ph at 5.7. Its also easier to just ensure the water level is about 1/2 inch up the rockwool. Once I place my seed in the rockwool, I transplant it to my rdwc system. I actually covered all but 1/2 inch of the rockwool lol, never have to top feed. I just make sure the taproot is about an inch long before transplanting to rockwool from papertowel. I then place it in 24hr 200ppm 5.7ph presoaked rockwool. . . with the system at 200ppm.
Lux at 5000 good looking out on the llaystore.lux meter while I wait on my Dr. meter. I lost a few that sprouted I'm thinking it's the rapid rooter a were staying way too wet in the prop tray I think they all hermes and sprouted nice out of 23/16 sprouted nicely 4 non viable and 3 seedlings died 1 broke the stem on accident trying to reposition as it was not deep enough in the rooter so it was coming out and 2 others withered out and died in coco they were also in the rooter transplanted to coco. A combination of too early transplant and overwatering I think. Rookie mistakes. I've grown a lot successfully in soil so the coco and hydro are new to me. I have the time and money so I want this to be successful. I have a 9x4x7 tent filled with hydro and the outside of the room is all coco and super soil grows. I really want to master this hydro

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Wanted to update ya for helping me out. These are the same autos that were overwatered. 1 is a little small but as soon as roots hit will catch up. Made a full recovery added my waterfarm. Plants a little crowded but will reor
Wanted to update ya for the help these are the same ones I overwatered and underfed early. A little crowded will reorganize once they get into veg a little more. And I see who needs to go where. I also have 6 in super soil and 5 in coco being fed nutes pics not included of all just mainly hydro. Let me know what ya think how I'm doing 1st time grower.

IMG 20210429 170356627 HDR
IMG 20210429 170438115 HDR
Received 221372273096273
Received 300283305048245
Received 874675613115173
Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Oh yeah her is a.pic of the roots

IMG 20210427 150521400
Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Wanted to update ya for helping me out. These are the same autos that were overwatered. 1 is a little small but as soon as roots hit will catch up. Made a full recovery added my waterfarm. Plants a little crowded but will reor

Wanted to update ya for the help these are the same ones I overwatered and underfed early. A little crowded will reorganize once they get into veg a little more. And I see who needs to go where. I also have 6 in super soil and 5 in coco being fed nutes pics not included of all just mainly hydro. Let me know what ya think how I'm doing 1st time grower.
Here's an update bud now I'm in a spot whether to Defoliate or no because my autos are HUGE and DENSE!! Wondering whether I need to Defoliate or no it worried about mold and undesirable nugs. Inlet them do their thing should have applied some lst but after the early stress was scared to stunt any further being first grow. Now I have 25 huge plants that have outgrown my light space meaning I need to buy another or something. Been taking 7-8 out every day for natural sunlight and bringing back in spraying neem oil at night no pests so far. What ya think bout defoliation

IMG 20210522 215701265
IMG 20210523 152430951
IMG 20210523 152447945
IMG 20210523 152500340
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

100% defoliate. You will increase airflow and light to all those bud sites.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Ya work your way from the bottom up. You’ll be surprised how much you can take away from he.
A lot of ppl lollipop which is basically all the fan leaves on the lower part of the plant are gone.

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Ya work your way from the bottom up. You’ll be surprised how much you can take away from he.
A lot of ppl lollipop which is basically all the fan leaves on the lower part of the plant are gone.
Even with autoflowers??

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Which leaves all the big fans right
Take off all fan leafs that are laying on top of another leaf. If its resting on a leaf, and its larger than the leaf below it, id snip it off.

I would also take off all large fan leafs that grow inwards towards the plant covering multiple colas.

I will tell you this though, if you have problems, they are your nutrient reserve. If you strip off all your reserve nutrients, you have to ensure your feeding it correctly and you dont run into any other issues.

When the nutrients are not available from the root system, it will pull them from the leafs, if there are no leafs to pull from, it will will die.

So while the small leafs are great for photosynthesis, they do not hold as much of a reserve.

This is my opinion, not factual unless others confirm it lol. .

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This is my current grow. I stripped them good and I couldn't be more happy with my current progress.

Yet you must hear this negative too. Every time I do a res change I get massive root rot, I'm thinking I'm building a colony and then destroying them. Anyways, I got massive root rot today. Did my res change two days ago and forgot to massage them.. My roots were black today.. Litteraly black.. I'm pissed.. But good news... Its time to defoliate but I'm not going to. Right now my roots can't pull up nutrients properly. My buds are pulling nutrients from my leafs. My leafs are showing major deffeciencies... Had I defoliate when I did my res change.. My buds would be destroyed today.

I will not defoliate until my roots are back to normal.. Which for me is easy to do.. Just constant massaging and lots of hydro guard..

20210427 205549 HDR
20210523 171337 HDR
20210521 135912 HDR
20210521 202758 HDR
Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Take off all fan leafs that are laying on top of another leaf. If its resting on a leaf, and its larger than the leaf below it, id snip it off.

I would also take off all large fan leafs that grow inwards towards the plant covering multiple colas.

I will tell you this though, if you have problems, they are your nutrient reserve. If you strip off all your reserve nutrients, you have to ensure your feeding it correctly and you dont run into any other issues.

When the nutrients are not available from the root system, it will pull them from the leafs, if there are no leafs to pull from, it will will die.

So while the small leafs are great for photosynthesis, they do not hold as much of a reserve.

This is my opinion, not factual unless others confirm it lol. .
You served me right in the past bud lol. I'm lightly defoliating a few leaves per day from the large dense plants. They are coming into flower a bit slower than the rest for obvious reasons and good ones the bud sites are going to be enormous. I've run out of room just ordered another bloom light too!

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

This is my current grow. I stripped them good and I couldn't be more happy with my current progress.

Yet you must hear this negative too. Every time I do a res change I get massive root rot, I'm thinking I'm building a colony and then destroying them. Anyways, I got massive root rot today. Did my res change two days ago and forgot to massage them.. My roots were black today.. Litteraly black.. I'm pissed.. But good news... Its time to defoliate but I'm not going to. Right now my roots can't pull up nutrients properly. My buds are pulling nutrients from my leafs. My leafs are showing major deffeciencies... Had I defoliate when I did my res change.. My buds would be destroyed today.

I will not defoliate until my roots are back to normal.. Which for me is easy to do.. Just constant massaging and lots of hydro guard..
Is this an autoflower??

Latest posts

Top Bottom