help with epsom salt

• Thread starter lil ze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lil ze

i am currently growing big buddha blue cheese and g13 haze from barneys.i have added aboutquarter teaspoon per gallon into my normall nute mix.i started the epson salt about 3 weeks into veg , how long do i give it the epsom , do i carry on adding through the whole veg stage

sun

sun

once in a while ill put 1 teaspoon into plain water. they seem to like it.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Lil' ze been to the city of God lately lol (if ya don't get that then I guess ya didn't grab your name from the movie) but I think it would be best ta only give a bit of E. salt once in awhile. Ya don't want 2 over do it dude.
Peace

R

Rolln J

quarter teaspoon is light, but you dont need this all the time if your not running RO water - you can do this all through veg and into flower until you flush, IF your plants need it...

B

Bluebud

I dont give mine epsom unless they are showing signs of mag deficiency. Am I wrong?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Well, you can screw up Potassium uptake by adding too much calcium and/or Mg to your nute solution, But I know some of my strains gobble up Mg and sulphur, so I always add a light dose. They haven't shown any signs of deficiency since I figured out what they needed.

R

Rolln J

Nope - you are quite correct!

if you use RO water you should use epsom salts or a cal mag type product every other water - why wait til there is a deficiency to give your plant something it needs?

L

lil ze

myplants aare 5 weeks in veg theyare growing fine but the new growth seems to be a ligher green sseems lik it starting to lighten in the middle of the new leaves. i have been adding about 1/4 teaspoon epsom salt per gallon , should i flush andstop the epsom or higher the dose to 1/2 per gallon, is this a mgdef ? i did jus re pot could be due to this maybe?

convex

convex

if you use RO water you should use epsom salts or a cal mag type product every other water - why wait til there is a deficiency to give your plant something it needs?

but no one mentioned RO LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom