Help with first grow in week 6 of flower - Nute Burn?

• Thread starter Nicks Pizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nicks Pizza

So it's been a rough week. We have had lots of rain, no sunshine, and 30-50 degree weather. I had to pull it in to the garage a couple nights. On Tuesday I found 2 brown spots on two of the buds and after further investigation I found a couple worms in there. I went through the entire plant and found a total of 3 worms. I cut the affected buds off and hopefully won't have to deal with that again. I can see that things are growing and the buds are getting harder/fatter.

I think the nutrient lockout is behind me, the fungus has slowed WAY down, and I believe the worms are gone. I inspected those two buds after pulling the worms and they looked ugly (see attached pics) and I read that the worm droppings can cause bud rot so I didn't want to take any chances and cut them off.

I appreciate all the help from you guys and the archives in figuring out what was going on and what to do about it. I am going to continue to watch the leaf spots and yellowing, inspect for worms daily, and cool it on the frequent watering. Monday is day one of flower week 8 so I am hoping to harvest soon. I'll probably try to get some pics of the trichomes and post them this weekend to start monitoring the color/cloudiness. Any and all input is appreciated.

After hours of reading I plan to do some bud washing as well. I may keep a few out for comparison but I think this poor plant is a great candidate.

My main take away at this point is that outdoor growing is probably not for me, haha, at least not yet. Too many variables. I'll buy some lights and fans/filters before I stick another one in the dirt.

IMG 5213
IMG 5273
IMG 5265
IMG 5266
IMG 5248
IMG 5263
IMG 5247
IMG 5252
N

Nicks Pizza

Thanks Smoking Gun, I did just that.

I cut them down, washed them, and then hung them in the guest bathroom to dry out. They started feeling brittle after 5-6 days so I cut the buds off each limb and put them in a jar. I stuck a little humidity sensor in the jar and it's at like 50% so I'm concerned that they are too dry. Is there anything that I can/should do to adjust this? My current plan is to leave the jar closed and hope the humidity gradually rises over the next few days as the inside of the jar regulates and then start opening the jar when it's back above 65% and hope it's okay...

Here are a few pics I took along the way and a video of how gross the water was after I washed them. Thanks for all the help!

IMG 5396
IMG 5371
IMG 5370
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You should get plenty of moisture from the stems, whichtake a while to dry out. Be careful that they don't release too much... it's very easy to get mold issues when drying quickly due to residual moisture.

L

lpaone01

Your pH is too low for foxfarm ocean Forest, you need to get it to 6.5 steady because your locking out like Aquaman said above
I used FFO and it burned the shit out of my plant. I only gave it fresh well water, PH'd to 6.2 just like I had for the first six weeks prior to transplanting in FFO. Sent soil to the lab in upstate NY and they said the PH was at 8.7 right out of the bag and that it had petrochemical nitrates added. Shellfish meal and bio-organics my ass.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I used FFO and it burned the shit out of my plant. I only gave it fresh well water, PH'd to 6.2 just like I had for the first six weeks prior to transplanting in FFO. Sent soil to the lab in upstate NY and they said the PH was at 8.7 right out of the bag and that it had petrochemical nitrates added. Shellfish meal and bio-organics my ass.

Please post a copy of this report.

Top Bottom