Help With Flowering And Aphids

• Thread starter KaylasKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaylasKush

KaylasKush

Hi guys, so 2 questions that I'd appreciate some help on :)

I'm 3 months in now with my outdoor grow, and my plants are looking great. Though they look healthy there are multiple huge holes in a few leaves and I have no idea who the culprit is. I do however know I've got aphids and blackflies, which I've been getting rid of with warm water, neem oil and some dish soap. It seems to work but I know I can't continuously spray as flowering will start soon and obviously neem oil shouldn't be sprayed during that stage. Do aphids eventually go with the season? I can't really prevent them or find where they're coming from so what would you guys suggest I do? Can I expect them to just disappear after a while? Autumn is just around the corner.

Another question. I planted my seeds May 24th. I'm at 14, going on 13 hours of daylight at the moment, and I assume flowering will start somewhat soon. My only worry is that the flowering period of Durban Poison is 8-9 weeks, meaning it will only be harvested around mid-end October. October the temperature in England on average is around 12°C, and could even be quite a bit lower. As this in an outdoor grow I worry for potential mold/damage from frost. Sun will also likely be non-existent, do buds need sun in order to grow properly? Could I possibly bring them inside for the final month or something?

Thanks in advance peeps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Organikz

Organikz

I'm 3 months in now with my outdoor grow, and my plants are looking great. Though they look healthy there are multiple huge holes in a few leaves and I have no idea who the culprit is. I do however know I've got aphids and blackflies, which I've been getting rid of with warm water, neem oil and some dish soap. It seems to work but I know I can't continuously spray as flowering will start soon and obviously neem oil shouldn't be sprayed during that stage. Do aphids eventually go with the season? I can't really prevent them or find where they're coming from so what would you guys suggest I do? Can I expect them to just disappear after a while? Autumn is just around the corner.

Another question. I planted my seeds May 24th. I'm at 14, going on 13 hours of daylight at the moment, and I assume flowering will start somewhat soon. My only worry is that the flowering period of Durban Poison is 8-9 weeks, meaning it will only be harvested around mid-end October. October the temperature in England on average is around 12°C, and could even be quite a bit lower. As this in an outdoor grow I worry for potential mold/damage from frost. Sun will also likely be non-existent, do buds need sun in order to grow properly? Could I possibly bring them inside for the final month or something?

Wow you have some shit working against you. Next time you may want to look into an autoflower or a shorter flower period. Here's my advice. It sounds like you are running into a problem organic gardeners which im assuming you are since you mentioned neem, can easily run into, potassium defficiency. Kelp meal top dress. Standard dish soap is antibacterial and will kill beneficial leaf tissue surface dwelling bacteria. Yes those exist.

To kill bugs...Soak a quarter cup of crushed soap nuts in a quart of hot water for 12 hours with a few drops of lemongrass oil. Add a quarter cup of that to a solution of 1 quart warm
water 2 tsp neem oil 1 TBS karanja oil and a 1/4 tsp aloe powder. If you use a chapin sprayer it comes out like foam. The coverage is unrivalled. Remember neem qualities differ greatly. Quality cold pressed oils are provided by neem resource.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I cant read any of that shit

Monster762

Monster762

Neem can be used as a root drench too. 25-30 ml per gallon. Itll kill everything under the soil but the plants roots. Neem asroot drench also gets into the plant and deters bugs. Ive only had fungus gnats and maybe alphids but i know something was destroying my roots so i neemed it. No issues since.

fatawa

fatawa

Neem can be used as a root drench too. 25-30 ml per gallon. Itll kill everything under the soil but the plants roots. Neem asroot drench also gets into the plant and deters bugs. Ive only had fungus gnats and maybe alphids but i know something was destroying my roots so i neemed it. No issues since.
we talking real neem right?not the already diluted version?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I asked you in your other thread a week or so ago to change the font so ppl can read it and help. Please do so. And make 1 thread per issue or topic. There is no need for duplicate threads.

Monster762

Monster762

we talking real neem right?not the already diluted version?
I mean its not 100% neem the stuff i used was 70% pure neem extract. 30% other ingredients. It was not the million dollar online only stuff. Garden safe brand i used. I got from walmart garden center like $12 for little bottle of it concentrate. Or $7 for ready to spray diluted. I got the pure neem and the fungicide3 but main ingredient in fungicide3 is neem too.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

U gotta change that color for yur font.least if u want answers

To me it was showing up and now it looks fucked. Idk what's going on, but I can't remove this post so I'll just leave it. I also can't edit it.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

I asked you in your other thread a week or so ago to change the font so ppl can read it and help. Please do so. And make 1 thread per issue or topic. There is no need for duplicate threads.

Jesus. I was away on holiday.
I can't edit that post and change the font. There's also nowhere to delete it.
The 2 threads was an accident as well. This website has been giving me problems since signing up and if people can't read it then don't reply to it. I can't change it now.

fatawa

fatawa

The 2 threads was an accident as well. This website has been giving me problems since signing up and if people can't read it then don't reply to it. I can't change it now.
no offense...yur coming on here asking us whats wrong..u conform to us we dont conform to u.if u figure out how to do the font thing im sure u wud get swift,accurate directions on how to solve yur dilemma.

Monster762

Monster762

You'll be ok. This site is actually pretty good. If you lurk around a bit there is a lot of info here n people leave other sites n come here because it's better.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

no offense...yur coming on here asking us whats wrong..u conform to us we dont conform to u.if u figure out how to do the font thing im sure u wud get swift,accurate directions on how to solve yur dilemma.

And I'm telling you I can't. Edit. The. Post. There is literally no option. Which I think derives from having a post up for a certain period of time. Therefore changing the font isn't possible. I appreciate those who went the extra mile to try and read it as I was away on holiday.
I realised I posted 2 threads right at the beginning and couldn't do anything about it.
I don't get why this site doesn't have the option to delete a post or easily edit mistakes.
We conform to each other. There's no superiority here, that's not what the cannabis community is about.
If I knew the font was so fucked before I would have edited it. I did not notice until later.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

You'll be ok. This site is actually pretty good. If you lurk around a bit there is a lot of info here n people leave other sites n come here because it's better.

To be honest I've had more replies at a faster rate on other sites, like Rollitup. So I suppose it just depends on person to person.
Nevertheless I've received a lot of help from people on my other posts and appreciate that a lot.
This post completely messed up and when I realised I could no longer fix the problem.
There's usually an edit option on my post but not anymore.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It takes a few posts to have the edit post and private message functions. Helps with the spamming bots that flood internet forums.

And please make one thread per topic or issue. No need for duplicate threads. Just make a more work for us to clean up the site for every one else.

Monster762

Monster762

To be honest I've had more replies at a faster rate on other sites, like Rollitup. So I suppose it just depends on person to person.
Nevertheless I've received a lot of help from people on my other posts and appreciate that a lot.
This post completely messed up and when I realised I could no longer fix the problem.
There's usually an edit option on my post but not anymore.
I still haven't figured how to edit. You got easily readable script now so it'll be good. This is the first site I've been on but I read a lot and learned a lot here. There are a lot of people come here from other sites and find a lot of useful info they couldn't find other places.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

It takes a few posts to have the edit post and private message functions. Helps with the spamming bots that flood internet forums.

And please make one thread per topic or issue. No need for duplicate threads. Just make a more work for us to clean up the site for every one else.

Sorry, I didn't understand the first part about it taking a few posts to have the edit post. Do you mean after a few days you can no longer edit?
But are you even reading my responses?
The duplicate thread was an accident and I have no idea how it happened. I didn't purposely make 2 threads, I know that's annoying. I tried my hardest to delete the first thread as it was incomplete, but the option is nowhere to be found.
After I came back from holiday (yesterday) I realised the font is appearing weirdly and it pissed a few people off. My bad. We all make mistakes.

KaylasKush

KaylasKush

I still haven't figured how to edit. You got easily readable script now so it'll be good. This is the first site I've been on but I read a lot and learned a lot here. There are a lot of people come here from other sites and find a lot of useful info they couldn't find other places.

At the bottom left of posts you've made there's a box with 3 lines. In the box there's an edit option. But it seems to vanish once your post has been up for a certain period of time :)
And yeah people are really great on these websites. Just someone taking time out of their day to reply and help you out with your growing experience is one reason why I love the cannabis community so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom