Help with gavita flex fixtures

• Thread starter NrthTaylor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Hey all,

Trying to help a friend out who's trying to get back into growing after a long time off. He's not able to afford LED and has got his hands on some gavita 750 flex fixtures. He's planning to run 9 of them in a single room. I have no real experience with HPS. He wants to run them at a fixed height. His room is 20'x14' with 8' ceilings. I know lighting changes when in an array and have read some things about gavitas being able to be at fixed heights due to their intensity.
Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Quincyjay

Quincyjay

Those are strong lights... we use them but the 1000 watt at every facility i run.
We have them on a controller that we can dim to 30%
Ceilings are about 12 to 16 ft high.
If he puts plants in with the hight you say he will fry the fuck outta those girls..... if he can speed up their root mass they would be fine to handle the light.
But I've seen plants get cooked at 50% with 8 ft ceilings

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Those are strong lights... we use them but the 1000 watt at every facility i run.
We have them on a controller that we can dim to 30%
Ceilings are about 12 to 16 ft high.
If he puts plants in with the hight you say he will fry the fuck outta those girls..... if he can speed up their root mass they would be fine to handle the light.
But I've seen plants get cooked at 50% with 8 ft ceilings
Do you just mean for seedlings/young plants? Or even flowering plants will get fried? Are these flex fixtures different than regular hps fixtures then?

Quincyjay

Quincyjay

Do you just mean for seedlings/young plants? Or even flowering plants will get fried? Are these flex fixtures different than regular hps fixtures then?
I meant in flower too.... they are a very very strong light and why in big shows you see them so high above the flower.
In veg you'll want them at 50% max and about 10 feet away..
Without a very strong root system they can't process the amount of light they get and turn it into energy

Latest posts

Top Bottom