Help With Humidity

• Thread starter OutdoorOH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Hey all just got my first indoor cab set up. My cabinet is 4'6" tall 3' wide and 17" deep inside space. I have a 6" booster duct fan for exhaust at the top right corner. And have a 9" fan in the bottom left corner for fresh intake air. I'm running a 400 watt MH in a cool tube running and 250watts. I bumped it up to 400watts a few days ago and started getting some leaves curling down. Temps are ranging from 65@ not to high 70s during day. Think my temps are good but can't seem to keep the humidity up. My RH is staying in the 30% range during lights on and comes up to 40-50% when lights are off. I have a bowl of water in the floor and a few cups of water in between the plants and it helped a little but not where I need to be. I don't have room for any type of humidifier. Anyone got any ideas for me to get my RH up and steady without going too high. Appreciate any input thanks

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Hey all just got my first indoor cab set up. My cabinet is 4'6" tall 3' wide and 17" deep inside space. I have a 6" booster duct fan for exhaust at the top right corner. And have a 9" fan in the bottom left corner for fresh intake air. I'm running a 400 watt MH in a cool tube running and 250watts. I bumped it up to 400watts a few days ago and started getting some leaves curling down. Temps are ranging from 65@ not to high 70s during day. Think my temps are good but can't seem to keep the humidity up. My RH is staying in the 30% range during lights on and comes up to 40-50% when lights are off. I have a bowl of water in the floor and a few cups of water in between the plants and it helped a little but not where I need to be. I don't have room for any type of humidifier. Anyone got any ideas for me to get my RH up and steady without going too high. Appreciate any input thanks
I think theres room for one of those vicks vaporizers, you could place it on top of your containers.

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Not quite sure what that is but I'll take a look into it. Thanks for the reply

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Sweet thanks man I'm running to Wally world now see what I can find thanks​

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Sweet thanks man I'm running to Wally world now see what I can find thanks​
Grow4me's might be better because the one i mentioned is a somewhat warm vapor. Its relatively cheap, no more than 20 bucks. But i like grows coolmist better.

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Also going by this chart that I found here at the farm. I'd this correct that I should be around 70-75% RH at around 75-80 degrees?

User299140 pic892488 1338439953
Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Found this one and Walmart. Got it in there and running. Light goes out soon . should I only run the humidifier during light on?
Monitor 1st, plants transpire during lights off RH usually rises. You might do best leaving it off during the off cycle.

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Cool thanks for the help everyone. I gonna start with it off on the night cycles. And monitor it then go from there.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Does the humidity change outside e? I think yes, does the temp change as well? Yup mhmmmm it sure does. I think if your plants aren't in a (danger) zone in those ranges why care so much? It's like a mother with her first baby , but the second baby comes and she's done with the over protecting. In my opinion I'd slow down your rate of air exchange and let the humidity build up but not letting the Temps get too high. Just another opinion

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Yea they were starting to look rough. Once I added the humidifier and got the RH up to around 45-50% they made a huge change for the better. They were sagging bad looked like they were way over watered. Now they are looking great

Top Bottom